[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

Hi, nice build and theorycraft.

One question, why no Formless Inferno? I believe build will be cheaper for 6l armor, though single target firestorm may be hard to 4l (even then it's cheaper than 4 blue rat cage). With some RNGesus luck you may get green socket, and pick vortex or mana leech maybe?

I'm currently leveling on juggernaut cause this build remembers me an old multiple firestorm cwdt templar and it was fun as hell.
IGN Flatulencia
Last edited by Focusix on Jul 1, 2018, 6:48:59 PM
Nevermind - cool build though!
Last edited by chittersphd on Jul 1, 2018, 7:35:25 PM
"
One question, why no Formless Inferno? I believe build will be cheaper for 6l armor, though single target firestorm may be hard to 4l (even then it's cheaper than 4 blue rat cage). With some RNGesus luck you may get green socket, and pick vortex or mana leech maybe?

Formless inferno converts the wrong way. You need to take physical damage from fire hits so eye of innocence procs VMS when you ignite.

"
The gems I have inside SotW are CWDT Level 1, CoH level 3, Glacial Cascade level 3, and Temp Chains level 6. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yeah someone else in the thread had that problem. Temp chains needs to be a higher level req than cwdt. Otherwise it will have two applicable trigger supports linked to it which results in neither support applying.
Omg i'm so bad reading.

Thanks for clarifying my confusion.
IGN Flatulencia
I love this build, it’s great but expensive
I spend more than 300c on the ratcage and the 6th socket is always green.
So i need some advice, what should i do if get 1r5b ratcage?
I have been using for a while this build and I can tell that this meme build is fucking amazing. You feel like a rocket clearing everything really smooth.
But i have 5 questions that I need to get answered. (Sorry for my bad english)

1-If you have on boots blade vortex and firestorm lower or equal to 38 for CWDT, combustion needs to be also level 38 or lower? Or support gems can be level 20? I know this may be a simple and easy answer, but I have been searching for a while and don’t find an answer.

2- Wouldn’t the corrupted jewel Atziri’s reign, which increases vaal duration be worth? And the other jewel called Self-Flagelation to get an additional 40% damage with coward’s legacy?

3-Why don’t you use perma vaal rigjhteous fire to get an additional damage source? I mean it could be 100% uptime. Why don’t use it? Does the vaal righteous fire or regular version proc eye of innonence ignite damage or CWDT?

4-The tooltip of phase run tells you it gets cancelled when you perform a skill. Then why do we have it linked on weapon with CWDT?

Thanks for this build, keep doing builds like this.
For frenzy charges you can use cold snap in a cwdt setup instead of blood rage.
"
So i need some advice, what should i do if get 1r5b ratcage?

If you get a 5th blue and want to stop there, use elemental focus or combustion. Elemental focus will give you more dps on the VMS but it will cut down on your healing from the razor. Combustion will give you a good chunk less DPS than elemental focus but it will significantly increase the healing you get from the razor by giving you another 20-30 ignites per second.
"
1-If you have on boots blade vortex and firestorm lower or equal to 38 for CWDT, combustion needs to be also level 38 or lower? Or support gems can be level 20? I know this may be a simple and easy answer, but I have been searching for a while and don’t find an answer.

2- Wouldn’t the corrupted jewel Atziri’s reign, which increases vaal duration be worth? And the other jewel called Self-Flagelation to get an additional 40% damage with coward’s legacy?

3-Why don’t you use perma vaal rigjhteous fire to get an additional damage source? I mean it could be 100% uptime. Why don’t use it? Does the vaal righteous fire or regular version proc eye of innonence ignite damage or CWDT?

4-The tooltip of phase run tells you it gets cancelled when you perform a skill. Then why do we have it linked on weapon with CWDT?

1) Support level doesn't matter.
2) Atziri's reigns are good to have if you can fit them. I don't currently have enough res with them socketed. Self-flagellation is ok but it's not going to beat a good rare.
3) It's not necessary for clearing but since there is a spare socket in the coward's legacy version of the build it would probably fit nicely in there for killing bosses even faster.
4) This only happens when you actively use a skill. While you're clearing, VMS is up for 20-30 seconds at a time so you only manually cast once every 20-30 seconds. That's plenty of time for phase run to be up permanently.
"
For frenzy charges you can use cold snap in a cwdt setup instead of blood rage.

If you want the frenzies yeah you can do that. It would have to replace GC in the CoH set up though so you'd lose 3-4 ignites per second(which is actually like 200k dps). On the budget version without coward's legacy, I never found blood rage to be problematic.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jul 2, 2018, 12:10:04 PM
Thanks for the answers. I am currently 84 and trying to line up all 3 resistance for max wise oak potential. Would be great to have all 3 at same value. #PrayForRNG.
Apart from that, I have discovered a way to increase more dps but I don't know if it's really worth.
I am using watcher's eye with 10 reduced mana cost while affected by clarity and have a level 1 clarity on the third socket of the weapon with anger and Herald (have phase on shield with CWDT and immortal call). My incinerate cost 2 mana so I don't need a mana flask. What I have been testing with a soul ripper flask that a friend has lent me, is the following.
My tooltip for vaal molten shell is "from x to 30k fire damage". If I pop a soul cacther flask, I increase damage from 30k to 41k (36% increased damage according to my gear). If i pop the soul ripper flask while affected by soul catcher flask, my damage goes from 41k to 49k (20% increased damage). So my question is: Can you use the soul catcher + soul ripper flask at the same time to get a 140% increased vaal skill damage? And if you can, it's really worth doing that with a one use flask like the soul ripper? Or should I use another flask to get more damage?
PD: This build is godly meme :D!!!!
Soul Ripper and soul catcher have two very different mods.

Soul Catcher’s damage mod is increased damage. It’s additive with the passives you take on the tree and the other increases on your gear and from quality gems. Soul Ripper has a more damage mod. This means it’s always multiplicative by the value it states.

At endgame levels of increased damage, you’ll be higher damage with a well rolled soul ripper than soul catcher. However, it’s probably not worth the cost over most other upgrades especially since soul ripper has a mod that prevents 100% uptime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info