Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
reciprocate wrote:

GGG really doesn't like Arc trappers with Shimmeron, yet Arc is left untouched, sad.

We got elder orb in like first weekend during race, ive done the whole map progression for the group because trapper on softcore could do any corrupted map with eyes closed with little to no investement and shimmerons let you do the hardest content in the game by sitting on your keyboard.

I really enjoy the nerfs to too-good-for-its-cost builds and delve changes, maybe now people will actually invest their currency and time into progression instead of doing uber elder on a budged and then complain that they have nothing else to do.

"
Teplokot wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

GGG really doesn't like Arc trappers with Shimmeron, yet Arc is left untouched, sad.

We got elder orb in like first weekend during race, ive done the whole map progression for the group because trapper on softcore could do any corrupted map with eyes closed with little to no investement and shimmerons let you do the hardest content in the game by sitting on your keyboard.

I really enjoy the nerfs to too-good-for-its-cost builds and delve changes, maybe now people will actually invest their currency and time into progression instead of doing uber elder on a budged and then complain that they have nothing else to do.

And yet molten strike is double buffed...

I'm not complaining about the arc trap nerf, it was expected. Not complaining about MS either, I have a couple of chars using it. It's just GGG sometimes seems to make choices that don't make much sense (like pathfinder getting buffed because I guess it was... not good).
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I just did a crazy Pheonix map with my same setup as I ran before with legacy shim's x2 and it did fine. it doesn't one shot anymore takes 4 seconds longer...

The degen is fine even with taking 800 per second since I have not rerolled my wands. (it does say your skills now) so I am taking the damage per second when traps crit.

TLDR: build is fine even with x2 shims
Last edited by TL337 on Aug 31, 2018, 6:13:12 PM
Yeah I decided to make anyway arc trapper and I heard its still good, fun to play for me atleast.
Hey there!!

Used your build last league and I think this has been the best build I have ever played in terms of how quick you can get it running and you can do EVERY content in the game.. no map mods stop this build from running, just facepalmer.

I started noticing when Delve was approaching people started to complain that this build is RIP now... HOW??? Did you even play it? :D

I NEVER EVER used Shimmerons and I did all content, except T16 bosses and such as it got pretty hard there.. but there was no problem doing T15-s. I did I think one or two T16 bosses for first time.

It works so well right now in Delve where I thought it will be really good for close quarter spamming.

Anyway, build not dead, works just as good minus 1 trap pretty much.

Mathils actual cat
Btw post nerf, Cluster vs Multi traps which is better?

They all just throw 3 traps now.

Multi has +3 trap while cluster has +5 trap maximum.
Multi has slightly higher dps than cluster.

Which is better in terms of efficiency?
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 1, 2018, 7:44:46 PM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Btw post nerf, Cluster vs Multi traps which is better?

They all just throw 3 traps now.

Multi has +3 trap while cluster has +5 trap maximum.
Multi has slightly higher dps than cluster.

Which is better in terms of efficiency?

Multi has less mana cost as well. I'll probably just stick with multi, myself. The line arrangement of traps doesn't mean anything for Arc.

Is this specific build still viable for 3.4? just curious to know as i had alot of fun last league with it
One question - how do you use Vaal Arc with traps? I tried and failed cos we need souls even to cast trap. No souls = no traps :(
"
Garfunkel wrote:
One question - how do you use Vaal Arc with traps? I tried and failed cos we need souls even to cast trap. No souls = no traps :(

What? You gain souls when you kill mobs, so that's all the time...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info