Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

Fuk wanted this build to be my starter but it looks it got really big nerf. Not sure if worth going for it at this point :/
Fucking annoying. I just want a build that i'm familiar with for the new league now this build is ruined thanks to the shimmeron nerf..
"
Spliffor wrote:
Fucking annoying. I just want a build that i'm familiar with for the new league now this build is ruined thanks to the shimmeron nerf..

This build didnt even need shimmeron to do everything in the game. And it will still be fine to do endgame. Only instead of destroying everything in 1sec it will take a few more seconds.
I don't think shimmerons is dead. I checked PoB with eldritch battery + MoM + tinkerskin (without chain reaction), and you should easily out regen the degen even with 5 stacks dual wield if you slap on a topaz flask, and even easier if you put on a divination distillate. You should probably pick up alchemist to get an additional +1 max res on lightning, 2 if you have distillate as well.
"
KrAzEiT wrote:
I don't think shimmerons is dead. I checked PoB with eldritch battery + MoM + tinkerskin (without chain reaction), and you should easily out regen the degen even with 5 stacks dual wield if you slap on a topaz flask, and even easier if you put on a divination distillate. You should probably pick up alchemist to get an additional +1 max res on lightning, 2 if you have distillate as well.

If you want to keep using dual shimmerons this will probably be the way to go.
- Tinkerskin + Eldritch Battery (+ MoM)
- Probably would use Purity of Lightning -> Look for a % of phys dmg taken as lightning + 1 clarity stat watcher's eye
- Topaz / Divination is an option. Since we don't have any flask nodes this is questionable -> Scion trap/pathfinder might become viable just for the flasks because of that. The 20% life regen from throwing traps + having a life flask regening all the time should easily counteract the shimmeron degen

As much as I love this build I doubt I will use it as my league starter. I have played it in incursion and in flashback incursion to lvl 95. If I add all the time respeccing and testing variants of it that amounts to a lot. And I'm quite frankly starting to get bored of it.

If I went trapper again I'd most likely go the scion route and lvl Lightning trap as well as Arc to see what is better. I would probably focus on lightning spire trap damage. Meaning I'd use that for my 6link, with increased duration and try to get a Lightning Spire helmet enchant (duration or cooldown reduction) -> 100% lightning spire trap uptime will still melt bosses in seconds. Arc should still be good enough for clear, maybe it will be surpassed by Lightning Trap, but the chains of Arc are just too good...

POB for Scion Trapper (Sabo/PF):
https://pastebin.com/wEWJEy6T
POB for Sabo Trapper:
https://pastebin.com/zF425TnQ
- I'd love to know your thoughts!
Last edited by Sequel on Aug 30, 2018, 9:55:07 AM
Can i use 2x the taming ring with this build?
"
asdfgh1234 wrote:

You can but it's pretty useless. You don't "hit" with traps...
"
Sequel wrote:
"
asdfgh1234 wrote:

You can but it's pretty useless. You don't "hit" with traps...

traps do hit, there is no wording "you" on the ring
but part "elemental damage with attack skills" will still be ignored ofc
"
Sequel wrote:
"
KrAzEiT wrote:

If you want to keep using dual shimmerons this will probably be the way to go.
- Tinkerskin + Eldritch Battery (+ MoM)
- Probably would use Purity of Lightning -> Look for a % of phys dmg taken as lightning + 1 clarity stat watcher's eye
- Topaz / Divination is an option. Since we don't have any flask nodes this is questionable -> Scion trap/pathfinder might become viable just for the flasks because of that. The 20% life regen from throwing traps + having a life flask regening all the time should easily counteract the shimmeron degen

As much as I love this build I doubt I will use it as my league starter. I have played it in incursion and in flashback incursion to lvl 95. If I add all the time respeccing and testing variants of it that amounts to a lot. And I'm quite frankly starting to get bored of it.

If I went trapper again I'd most likely go the scion route and lvl Lightning trap as well as Arc to see what is better. I would probably focus on lightning spire trap damage. Meaning I'd use that for my 6link, with increased duration and try to get a Lightning Spire helmet enchant (duration or cooldown reduction) -> 100% lightning spire trap uptime will still melt bosses in seconds. Arc should still be good enough for clear, maybe it will be surpassed by Lightning Trap, but the chains of Arc are just too good...

POB for Scion Trapper (Sabo/PF):
https://pastebin.com/wEWJEy6T
POB for Sabo Trapper:
https://pastebin.com/zF425TnQ
- I'd love to know your thoughts!

you dont need to change anything :D 80% loreweave brings the dmg taken per sec from 5 power charges to 400(2 shimmerons). your ascendencie gives you a lifereg of 1500(at 6k hp) per sec. 8 triggered traps are more than enough to sustain your life.
What happened to the build, did they nerf something? trapper was my favorite build so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info