[3.11] Powerful Earthquake Slayer (beginner friendly, leaguestarter, FAST, all content)

I am trying to adapt this to a stun build using mace nodes and using warlord's mark. am i doing this correctly?
I can see on your profile that you're running a different tree than what you have listed. Are the gems/tree/gear selections all being updated? I was on poe ninja looking at top-ranked earthquake builds, most are mace/starforge, but wildly different auras. I am currently suffering from severe mana issues, only running a 5 link, any information would help greatly, as two handed axes are outlandishly priced in contrast to mace.
I have a question which would be a cheap set that you recommend and a set for the end game
"
mrbawjangles wrote:
"
Bolentine wrote:
I don't know how else to put this. but this build is garbage, the attack speed with earthquake is abysmal (granted im using marohi, but even without it) specially with how fast some of the legion mobs hit, this feels awful. Also not using kaom's with such a slow spell also feels awful. And the survival just isn't there

bro just look at alkaizer. #2 on the ladder with EQ. fluid, dmg there, survivability. do you just stand still and let things hit you?????

Uh... he was using kaom's ????? And his talent tree is noticeably different, look at how many armor nodes he picked up. The build as shown here lacks a lot of survival.

I never said Earthquake was bad, I said the build had issues, and I still stand by it. I'm trying to make it work right now, I'm just not too happy with it but I'm sure it'll get better once i finally link my marohi
"
Hello, wanted to say thanks for the build. I'm still relatively new to the game with this being my second full league that I'll be partaking in. Looking through other builds I was wanting to play a Dancing Duo/Face breakers build but stumbled upon this and it looks pretty solid and a lot of fun. I'm a console player so I'll be trying it out starting today. I know that the build hasn't been fully updated in terms of gems but wanted to give my opinions on what I'm going to try out.

First I know it mentions pulverize as a really good support gem and I think I'll be dropping inc area/conc effect in the earthquake setup for it as I've seen that's what a lot of the top people are doing.

Immortal call has changed so I think I'll be changing it to a high lv CwdT and Molten Shell setup with Blood Rage.

Playing around on POB it seems Hatred is still our best Aura. Might mess around with the new flesh and stone aura as well.

Also played around in the tree a bit too. Not sure if it's worth it but by spec-ing out of RT and the couple of AOE and Life nodes at the top of the tree I was able to get Accuracy to 92% chance to hit with 16% Crit that effectively doubled DPS from earthquake, and that was without changing any gear. The downside is you loose about 1000hp but gain a decent chunk of armor. Not sure if it's worth it but it is something I want to give a try late game for the build.

Anyways thanks for the build, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hello and thx for your reply.

Sorry, i havent had much time sadly so the guide wasnt really optimized until now.(Mostly :D) Yea Pulverise is really awesome, i love this support gem and it fits so nicely to EQ.
Im not sure about the CwDt setup, i still use it as low level with immortal call. I think its matter of opinion whats the best defensive setup. however, i dont think that hatred is still the best aura for this build. Pride gives up to 40% MORE damage taken to enemies. That is definitely better than the 25% extra cold from hatred i would say.
Lastly the out-speccing from RT doesnt seem worth it for me. Even with all the new Accuracy nodes it doesnt seem worth, because your crit would be very low and you almost got no multi at all. Getting a 100% hitchance in the tradeoff of having 15% chance to crit or something is a nobrainer :D

"
Bolentine wrote:
"
mrbawjangles wrote:
"
Bolentine wrote:
I don't know how else to put this. but this build is garbage, the attack speed with earthquake is abysmal (granted im using marohi, but even without it) specially with how fast some of the legion mobs hit, this feels awful. Also not using kaom's with such a slow spell also feels awful. And the survival just isn't there

bro just look at alkaizer. #2 on the ladder with EQ. fluid, dmg there, survivability. do you just stand still and let things hit you?????

Uh... he was using kaom's ????? And his talent tree is noticeably different, look at how many armor nodes he picked up. The build as shown here lacks a lot of survival.

I never said Earthquake was bad, I said the build had issues, and I still stand by it. I'm trying to make it work right now, I'm just not too happy with it but I'm sure it'll get better once i finally link my marohi

I have multiple tree's in this guide, im sure you will have enaugh HP if you are using the HC version. A belly helps alot too. I havent had that much fun while leveling a melee build ever, so i connot really understand what you are dong wrong. Maybe you should go Axe's if you are complaining about bad attackspeed.
Last edited by Prycro on Jun 11, 2019, 2:37:51 PM
"
I have a question which would be a cheap set that you recommend and a set for the end game

Do you mean set in terms of gear?
My current Gear for Yellow Maps:

Next step would be getting an enchant and upgrading other gearpieces for better life.
Last edited by Prycro on Jun 11, 2019, 2:39:48 PM
"
Hauntingly wrote:
I can see on your profile that you're running a different tree than what you have listed. Are the gems/tree/gear selections all being updated? I was on poe ninja looking at top-ranked earthquake builds, most are mace/starforge, but wildly different auras. I am currently suffering from severe mana issues, only running a 5 link, any information would help greatly, as two handed axes are outlandishly priced in contrast to mace.

This Guide is now fully updated. I havent had much time recently but its now all uptodate. Sorry for beeing late.
Most people that arent using Disfavour is because its pretty expensive right now. But you can play till t15 easily with a Kaom's/Hezmana's/Sinvica's.
"
Prycro wrote:

Sorry, i havent had much time sadly so the guide wasnt really optimized until now.(Mostly :D) Yea Pulverise is really awesome, i love this support gem and it fits so nicely to EQ.
Im not sure about the CwDt setup, i still use it as low level with immortal call. I think its matter of opinion whats the best defensive setup. however, i dont think that hatred is still the best aura for this build. Pride gives up to 40% MORE damage taken to enemies. That is definitely better than the 25% extra cold from hatred i would say.
Lastly the out-speccing from RT doesnt seem worth it for me. Even with all the new Accuracy nodes it doesnt seem worth, because your crit would be very low and you almost got no multi at all. Getting a 100% hitchance in the tradeoff of having 15% chance to crit or something is a nobrainer :D

You are correct. I forgot POB wasn't calculating the extra damage from standing in Pride Aura. However depending on what you are doing Hatred could still be better as you always get the extra damage while with prided it has to live past 3 seconds and then prides secondary extra damage kicks in. At least that's how I interpret it when I look at Pride.

Haven't gotten to the point to be able to test the CWDT setup I wanna try. I'll let you know though.
"
"
Prycro wrote:

You are correct. I forgot POB wasn't calculating the extra damage from standing in Pride Aura. However depending on what you are doing Hatred could still be better as you always get the extra damage while with prided it has to live past 3 seconds and then prides secondary extra damage kicks in. At least that's how I interpret it when I look at Pride.

Haven't gotten to the point to be able to test the CWDT setup I wanna try. I'll let you know though.

The thing is that you dont really need more damage for normal/magic mobs, because they get one-shotted anyway.
I see a good use in Pride for longer Bossfights or tanky rares that dont get shred in one hit.
Another thing is that Pride has surely new nice Watcherseye mods, that could sinergise nicely with EQ. However havent checked yet.
Last edited by Prycro on Jun 11, 2019, 3:12:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info