[3.11] Powerful Earthquake Slayer (beginner friendly, leaguestarter, FAST, all content)

We'll I died at lvl 90.

I made it my goal to get to lvl 90 and then beat atziri with this build and I did it. First lvl 90 in HC and first atziri kill in HC (and ever dont play sc). Although I altered the build slightly to use infernal blow for clear and swapped to double strike for single target for atziri. I fought her a second time and died but I was done with the character so I'm fine dying. I really recommend vaal double strike/normal double strike for single target helps alot on bosses.
Hihi!

When using this build as a league starter, what chest should you go for?

Do you farm a tabula first?
Or how about bringer of rain for that pseudo 7-link?
I have some problems with Minotaur. Any suggestions? My HP is currently 7.1K, which seems to be not enough. Got 1 shot pretty easily.
"
RealTheLindeN wrote:
I have found better boots for this build:

why this? well now i don't have to care about fire at all, only lighting ;p

These boots are not good at all for this build, you need life on your boots. Its very important to get a good amount of HP for the endgame.
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hihi!

When using this build as a league starter, what chest should you go for?

Do you farm a tabula first?
Or how about bringer of rain for that pseudo 7-link?

I leveled with a normal 3-4-5 link. No need for Tabula here. Bringer of Rain is not a good option, better use a cheap rare chest or belly and a helmet with life and resists.
"
pisitputt wrote:
I have some problems with Minotaur. Any suggestions? My HP is currently 7.1K, which seems to be not enough. Got 1 shot pretty easily.

Mino can be dangerous with damage mods. Try to keep your flasks up and maybe portal out to refill.
"
dacamell wrote:
We'll I died at lvl 90.

I made it my goal to get to lvl 90 and then beat atziri with this build and I did it. First lvl 90 in HC and first atziri kill in HC (and ever dont play sc). Although I altered the build slightly to use infernal blow for clear and swapped to double strike for single target for atziri. I fought her a second time and died but I was done with the character so I'm fine dying. I really recommend vaal double strike/normal double strike for single target helps alot on bosses.

Nice to hear that you got into the 90s in HC with him.
I'm currently 92 I've down Shaper, Uber Atziri, chayula, Hall of Grandmasters, Vaal Temple with super rippy affixes, and t15 red elders so far. I have made some changes to the build however.

Pastebin to my setup: https:https://pastebin.com/tSjAVzPG

With the same tree as you I have 616,338 combine effective DPS on shaper with around 85 exalts into my character (HH not calculated in price but a rare belt with life recovery that I use for bossing is. HH I use for mapping and for another character)

I spec'd out of Slaughter node and took for Rampart cluster which buffs fortify giving me alot more tankyness. I don't use Ming's Heart ring I instead use a Rare ring with 5% attack speed to make sure i stay within 0.05 "attack time" of my skill duration which is 0.24. I would have much higher attack speed but the only person in incursion that has been selling a triple source attack speed + maximum life jewel is overpricing them by double what they are actually worth and has been setting on them for the last month and refuses to understand they aren't going to sell but insist that since hes the only 1 selling someones gonna be stupid enough to pay twice the price of them. (There are stupid people out there so maybe but I dont overpay by double.)

I also do not use Golem as it gets 1 shot by basically anything even with minion life attached while mapping or bossing so its pretty useless. Punishment with blastphemy offers more phys damage and way more attack speed while bossing and beats out herald of ash by a very large margine in damage and DPS. I 1 shot everything in any map other than a boss If it doesnt die to initial impact it dies to aftershock. Some Essence mobs or unique mobs have taken 2 hits to kill but Herald of Ash would only be for visual effect and utterly useless. Enfeeble + blasphemy while mapping provides with even more tankyness so I run that while mapping. Then a portal gem in the free slot so that I dont have to carry portal scrolls.

With my passive tree setup and ming's heart and my gem choices I have 629,138 combined total effective dps on shaper/guardians as well as being more tanky and more life. With the rare ring instead of Ming's heart its closer to 600k. But the 400 more life and the additional tankiness provided by Rampart node is more than worth the roughly 30k dps loss.

Overall it is extremely satisfying as I personally Love EQ. However that being said with the same amount of currency I put into this build (Its around 85 exalts if I don't include HH I only use Headhunter for mapping as I mainly use it on another character and I didn't buy it I got it from temple.) I could create a bossing character that has more than 10x the effective dps on shaper/guardians/uber elder etc. That was not what I wanted tho I wanted to create a really good EQ character because I never made EQ when it was meta and always wanted to give it another go.

Pretty much any upgrade for me at this point would be 10-20+ exalts and I have checked as I still have plenty of exalts to upgrade with and aside from crafting my own gear the items just currently arent on the market. Largely due to alot of players already having quit or are taking a break till the 1 month event comes along as to avoid burnout. Most players however will never reach the amount of currency I have already spent. If you are looking for a build that does tremendous amount of damage and instantly phases bosses and is currency efficient for that then this build is ABSOLUTELY NOT for you. As I have state you can do more than 10x the effective dps of this build with the currency I have spent already and likely even more than that depending on what build you play. (Ele hit can do more with considerably less investment) Then again I am a melee player at heart and love EQ with gore effect.

Something to Note: Due to the reduced duration I have Vaal EQ lasts for around 2 seconds or less. It does all 7 hits in that time. If you have around the same skill duration as I do you should absolutely make sure you are near enough to your target when u use the skill because its likely by the time u do anything else its already going to be done.

Thanks for the build I had came back last minute before league started hadn't played since abyss and didn't have the time to check the changes if any since abyss league to create my own build. I used your build until around Mid 80s before I started making changes. This is what I have come up with and I'm not sure you can optimize it much more than what I already have although If anyone can please do send that information my way.
Last edited by KuraiArashi on Jul 13, 2018, 10:11:09 AM
"
KuraiArashi wrote:
I'm currently 92 I've down Shaper, Uber Atziri, chayula, Hall of Grandmasters, Vaal Temple with super rippy affixes, and t15 red elders so far. I have made some changes to the build however.

Pastebin to my setup: https:https://pastebin.com/tSjAVzPG

With the same tree as you I have 616,338 combine effective DPS on shaper with around 85 exalts into my character (HH not calculated in price but a rare belt with life recovery that I use for bossing is. HH I use for mapping and for another character)

I spec'd out of Slaughter node and took for Rampart cluster which buffs fortify giving me alot more tankyness. I don't use Ming's Heart ring I instead use a Rare ring with 5% attack speed to make sure i stay within 0.05 "attack time" of my skill duration which is 0.24. I would have much higher attack speed but the only person in incursion that has been selling a triple source attack speed + maximum life jewel is overpricing them by double what they are actually worth and has been setting on them for the last month and refuses to understand they aren't going to sell but insist that since hes the only 1 selling someones gonna be stupid enough to pay twice the price of them. (There are stupid people out there so maybe but I dont overpay by double.)

I also do not use Golem as it gets 1 shot by basically anything even with minion life attached while mapping or bossing so its pretty useless. Punishment with blastphemy offers more phys damage and way more attack speed while bossing and beats out herald of ash by a very large margine in damage and DPS. I 1 shot everything in any map other than a boss If it doesnt die to initial impact it dies to aftershock. Some Essence mobs or unique mobs have taken 2 hits to kill but Herald of Ash would only be for visual effect and utterly useless. Enfeeble + blasphemy while mapping provides with even more tankyness so I run that while mapping. Then a portal gem in the free slot so that I dont have to carry portal scrolls.

With my passive tree setup and ming's heart and my gem choices I have 629,138 combined total effective dps on shaper/guardians as well as being more tanky and more life. With the rare ring instead of Ming's heart its closer to 600k. But the 400 more life and the additional tankiness provided by Rampart node is more than worth the roughly 30k dps loss.

Overall it is extremely satisfying as I personally Love EQ. However that being said with the same amount of currency I put into this build (Its around 85 exalts if I don't include HH I only use Headhunter for mapping as I mainly use it on another character and I didn't buy it I got it from temple.) I could create a bossing character that has more than 10x the effective dps on shaper/guardians/uber elder etc. That was not what I wanted tho I wanted to create a really good EQ character because I never made EQ when it was meta and always wanted to give it another go.

Pretty much any upgrade for me at this point would be 10-20+ exalts and I have checked as I still have plenty of exalts to upgrade with and aside from crafting my own gear the items just currently arent on the market. Largely due to alot of players already having quit or are taking a break till the 1 month event comes along as to avoid burnout. Most players however will never reach the amount of currency I have already spent. If you are looking for a build that does tremendous amount of damage and instantly phases bosses and is currency efficient for that then this build is ABSOLUTELY NOT for you. As I have state you can do more than 10x the effective dps of this build with the currency I have spent already and likely even more than that depending on what build you play. (Ele hit can do more with considerably less investment) Then again I am a melee player at heart and love EQ with gore effect.

Something to Note: Due to the reduced duration I have Vaal EQ lasts for around 2 seconds or less. It does all 7 hits in that time. If you have around the same skill duration as I do you should absolutely make sure you are near enough to your target when u use the skill because its likely by the time u do anything else its already going to be done.

Thanks for the build I had came back last minute before league started hadn't played since abyss and didn't have the time to check the changes if any since abyss league to create my own build. I used your build until around Mid 80s before I started making changes. This is what I have come up with and I'm not sure you can optimize it much more than what I already have although If anyone can please do send that information my way.

Hello.
First things first, i like when people make some changes to my build or trying out some stuff.
I checked you PoB link and i have to say that your dps is worse, even with punishment. Your HP is also the same as mine WITHOUT a Mings Heart.(With your HH that is in your PoB)
I use HoA mainly for the clearing, the dps boost is only a little but does a good job. If you use Punishment the mobs have to hit you to get the dps boost. Thats not really effective while clearing and for bosses you can easily selfacast it if you want.

In the end you want a pair of Tombfists with Vuln and maybe with an aditional frenzy charge thats the BiS for damage AND HP. You dont have space for unnescessary gems like Portal or Golem tho.

I dont know how you spend 80+ ex on your gear (probably your belt that doesnt appear in PoB?),
your gear seems average - good tho. I easily killed Shaper even on a 5l and with only shit gear, besides a Disfavour, so around 8ex investment.

Last thing i have to say is that the "Rampart" node is not that good as you think, fortify is calculated last after all other damage reductions, so its mostly a ~5-8% damage decrease. The increased effect grants 1-2% more tankyness AT MOST, wich is not noticeable.

THX for your post tho, glad you enjoy your char and the build! :)
Last edited by Prycro on Jul 13, 2018, 10:59:38 AM
Thank you for your answer! Any recommendation for the next upgrade? Also have some problems with one shot fr the end game bosses.

Vaal Pact

Also, I am considering Vaal Pact again. I know you have explained your reasoning already. I think we don't lose out a lot of passive regen by going Vaal Pact. the only downside is at the start when you have net degen from blood rage. Once leech starts, Vaal Pact is super effective. Would love to hear your thoughts, assuming I don't lab anymore (bored!).
Last edited by pisitputt on Jul 13, 2018, 1:49:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info