[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Timex1 wrote:
Another gear update. I have killed shaper/ red elder / uber atziri multiple times. All maps, roll and go. I don't even look at mods because this build can do everything. Love it. It melts everything.

I have not done an uber elder yet because I do not know the fight but will try it at some point this league.

Once I gather some more currency I will be trying to roll 20 conc / 20 immolate on the helm, so I can socket advanced traps again. Just ran out of money.

Next upgrade as well is 21 gems

How are the slave-drivers mitts?

what would you use for movement besides flame dash?
"
what would you use for movement besides flame dash?

I use duel daggers just so I can use Whirling blades...

If you use duel maces you can use flame dash or lightning warp

If you use a shield one hand combo you can use shield charge.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Yeah I really miss Whirling Blades after my recent weapons upgrades...haven't used Leap Slam since 1.3.1 I think...it gets the job done but it's slow and clunky. Plus my one Sai had the extra block on it...still I like the huge DPS boost so I'll stick with Sceptres for a while.

To get around easier I've been using a Quicksilver flask with Phase Run...seems to work ok as long as you have flask charges (my Pathfinder ways are hard to break, lol). ;)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Jun 25, 2018, 3:54:28 PM

What do you think about this one? It seems better than any rare I've found/ can afford but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere for any trap build.

Vertex is never bad if your current gear and resistances allow it. You can just probably get more out of a rare or a good fire trap enchant.

I almost bought a vertex with a burning damage mod but went with starkonja's with the straight damage enchant instead.

It works, is it the best for min-maxing damage or survival? probably not.
Update:

Spoiler

With Octavian advices, respecced a bit from my first tree and went Rainbow Trap route since my BV Elementalist gathered me some currency. Level 87, reached red maps, everything is instagibbed.
Currently sitting on 100k fire trap dps, per trap, in PoB calculations, with stuff that is up all the time, with shitty gear I have. Still need to get better rings (preferably essence crafted Opals, but had no luck), better amulet, gems to 20 and flip, corrupt into 21, additional trap gloves, etc. Estimates on upgrades in PoB yield around 200k per trap with current weapon.
Was using Immolate, but once you pass certain threshold, added damage becomes less effective and multipliers become more valuable, and ele focus gives the most upfront damage, although I was using Controlled Destruction for freeze/shatter for quite some time.
Still need to level Vagie to 7 to remove crafted mod and replace with master crafted crit multi for start. Reason for 2 gems in boots is because I'm gathering currency for 2 socket Bubonic Trail, but yeah...plenty, plenty of room for upgrades to get reach insane level, before they nerf that juicy 200% effectiveness on fire trap.
Last edited by Songweaver on Jun 26, 2018, 2:44:04 PM
Hi guys,

just a quick question: Why doesn't anyone seem to use wands in this setup? Is there something obvious that I am missing?

I am currently running with this setup:
thx, try this build
Spoiler
thanks for the build OP

this was my very first trapper. i really wanted to try the new fire trap / flamethrower trap so this was the type of build i was looking for to try.

im lvl 86 atm doing tier 9-11 maps with no issue. packs die in one trap toss usually.

so being new to trappers, can anyone advise me on gear upgrades / what to upgrade next? i know my boots need upgrading/enchant, 6L tinker, a helm enchant and im not sure if my weapons/rest of the gear is good enough to kill the shaper. what advice can you offer? i really want to down the shaper this league using this build. thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info