[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

"
Zac89 wrote:
"
That is very interesting. I didn't even consider it the defensive side of Born in the Shadows over Explosives Expert.

Master sapper is a good node but it's 5 points out of the way. If you wanted to sacrifice some crit it or have enough crit in your gear it might be worth taking!

Made another edit too, check that out. Well, If the CD reduction from Sabo turns out to be enough (when paired with new support gem Advanced Traps) then you can drop the trap wheel near Chaos inoculation and pick up master sapper. Also drop two of the nodes from the trap wheel (probably the damage ones as opposed to the speed throw ones). That way you have a way of generating frenzies if you don't have tinker skin or don't want to use it. Could throw in a belly or Perfect form for free arctic armour.

So you are thinking of something along these lines.

https://pastebin.com/1hiVuLBq

I'll look into the changes, maybe even update my passives on here Thx for the advice!
♥ we all go tissues ♥
For Defense

- Immortal call > Cast when damage taken > Increased duration > Free Slot(I use Golems)

what level should those gems be mainly immortal call and cast when damage taken for it to work?
"
Mikaboshi1 wrote:
For Defense

- Immortal call > Cast when damage taken > Increased duration > Free Slot(I use Golems)

what level should those gems be mainly immortal call and cast when damage taken for it to work?

You can play with damage thresholds but I like using

- Immortal call(Lvl 8) > Cast when damage taken(Lvl 8) > Increased duration(Max) > Free Slot(I use Golems) If you use Flame Golem I believe it's level 10.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Could you give up crit nodes for phase acrobatics? Or is that just way to much damage you give up?
Looks goo man just spent some time going over tree etc as most of POE players concerned ill probably go trapper at start of incursion as well and was looking for a good starter build to base my build off as im not 100% comfortable yoloing it myself. much appreciated man as i lvl and tweak stuff if i find stuff that feels good to me ill be sure to pass it along and check back here see how things are going on ur end as well changes etc :D I didnt see a recommended wep?? <-- aside from shield though or maybe i just missed it cuz im blind XD
twitch.tv/hudi3n3
What colors do you want on first weapon? 3 red?
what about carcass jack as body armour?
"
niksxs wrote:
what about carcass jack as body armour?

I don't like it as much as Tinkerskin. There's more evasion and energy shield on Tinker, there's more health on tinker, the cooldown recovery will be great for the new supertraps like flamethrower trap. Yes you gain some area damage from carcass jack, but that's all it's really got going for it.
If you end up using Charged Traps support, you will be gaining charges, so the frenzy charge gain potential will boost that further, allowing you to spam traps even more, increasing recovery etc etc.

I just don't see the value on carcass jack comparitively.

Edit: I think the other chest I'd consider potentially is Kaom's. The increased fire damage would effect the hit of fire trap, as well as the burning ground DoT, and ofc the life gain is incredible. The trouble you'd run into then is gaining the strength requirements to wield it, and then gaining another six-link somehow.
Last edited by PastorJ on May 31, 2018, 4:24:16 AM
seriously guys, want to do the same build too but im scared about suvivability in end game content...

First , u need Borne in the shadow and pyromaniac ascendancy, its mandatory !!!
u can use arctic armor, huge life pool, MOM .. and ? we will be ONESHOT against uber elder/minotaur etc :( :(

"
Alykk wrote:
seriously guys, want to do the same build too but im scared about suvivability in end game content...

First , u need Borne in the shadow and pyromaniac ascendancy, its mandatory !!!
u can use arctic armor, huge life pool, MOM .. and ? we will be ONESHOT against uber elder/minotaur etc :( :(

I mean, git gud?

Not sure this is a huge worry for me. This is a league starter build, not sure it has to be the best boss killer build at the same time. I'm gonna end up using this to farm up some currency and then go build something else for boss killing probably. Not every build has to be up to killing the hardest boss in the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info