[3.3] Crit Fire/Flamethrower Trapper! - League Starter

I did it. Thats really good for farming t1-t15 any map. But u need more dps for t16 and t17.

Spoiler

Thats my items.
"Some things that slumber should never be awoken."

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█
Hi guys,

I played an arc trapper in Incursion, currently level 88 and love the playstyle. I want to do another trapper for the flashback event with a focus on clearing maps and incursions as opposed to the end game bosses, and I'm liking the idea of a fire trapper from this build.

Looking at this tree, I had an idea to change it a bit (based on softcore by the way, maybe not HC viable!). Instead of taking the scion life wheel, I cut off the last INT node by the gem slot and got back 14 points. With these I went for the following:

Melding Life/ES cluster
Jewel slot by melding
Herbalism cluster
Arrow Dancing

The net result is -14% life, plus losing the life/mana regen from the shaper node. With the extra jewel slot it's effectively only -7% life, plus the benefit of additional jewel stats. I really like the look of Arrow Dancing, at least on paper - the trapper playstyle is about flanking, throwing traps and staying out of danger. I primarily wear EVA/ES hybrid gear anyway, so to me it seems like the additional projectile evade chance is a great thing to have, especially against the chaos spitters in incursions and temples. Between this and a bit of chaos res on gear I think it could work really well for clearing.

What does everyone think, and has anyone tried Arrow Dancing out?
"
KingTen87 wrote:
Hi guys,

I played an arc trapper in Incursion, currently level 88 and love the playstyle. I want to do another trapper for the flashback event with a focus on clearing maps and incursions as opposed to the end game bosses, and I'm liking the idea of a fire trapper from this build.

Looking at this tree, I had an idea to change it a bit (based on softcore by the way, maybe not HC viable!). Instead of taking the scion life wheel, I cut off the last INT node by the gem slot and got back 14 points. With these I went for the following:

Melding Life/ES cluster
Jewel slot by melding
Herbalism cluster
Arrow Dancing

The net result is -14% life, plus losing the life/mana regen from the shaper node. With the extra jewel slot it's effectively only -7% life, plus the benefit of additional jewel stats. I really like the look of Arrow Dancing, at least on paper - the trapper playstyle is about flanking, throwing traps and staying out of danger. I primarily wear EVA/ES hybrid gear anyway, so to me it seems like the additional projectile evade chance is a great thing to have, especially against the chaos spitters in incursions and temples. Between this and a bit of chaos res on gear I think it could work really well for clearing.

What does everyone think, and has anyone tried Arrow Dancing out?

I just played this build and didn't have a lot of time to play but still made it to lvl 90. There's really no need to venture away from his suggestions, this is an awesome build. Great damage and defense. Just my 2 cents

That's good to know, thanks - I found levelling with traps to be really quick so I could always try the OP's build first, then level an alt or respec to see if it feels much different.

Out of interest, what level of maps did you get up to with your L90? And did you struggle with anything in particular?
Ran a lot of t14, haven't tried t15+ yet. Only time I've really died is high lvl incursion Temple and Elder a couple times. But this is the first time I've ever fought him so went in blind.

Just ran t15 lava lake with beyond, no problems.

Last edited by Mitch420 on Aug 2, 2018, 7:47:25 PM
Really strong. Mana flask needen hard if u cant dodge.

My Shaper Highlights;
https://youtu.be/zf3mCpXBkDY

My gear;
Spoiler

"Some things that slumber should never be awoken."

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█
Wanted to run this as a starter for delve but idk how bad it will hurt with the changes coming to traps. What do you guys think?
"
kalanikila wrote:
Wanted to run this as a starter for delve but idk how bad it will hurt with the changes coming to traps. What do you guys think?

No worries bro. -1 trap isn't that big. You will not feel the difference on maps, most likely only notice it on Uber Elder/deep Delves.

Btw. +1 trap gloves is must have now.
Last edited by miracle22071 on Aug 29, 2018, 5:52:22 AM
-Update - 08/29/2018
-3.4 patch notes https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201187
-Base Trap Throwing Time has been raised to 0.6 seconds (from 0.5).
-Cluster Traps Now causes supported skills to throw up to 2 additional traps at all levels (down from 3).
-General Trap nerf. The build should still be viable but play at your own risk =P
♥ we all go tissues ♥
BUT
"
Fire Trap
Base damage from the initial explosion increased by 40%, and the base damage over time increased by 20% at all gem levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info