PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

POE drop rates explained

Hi,

I see lots of people annoyed by the fact they dont get as many drops like someone else and/or top tier maps or exalts never drop etc...

So I decided to explain how the POE drop rate system works.

---

In order to maintain a semi healthy economy, GGG has a certain X drop rate per item per a certain time.

So for example, an exalt orb drop rate is 20 per hour (using per hour but it could be per minute)

So whoever is playing will get those 20 exalt orbs in the next hour.

---

That happens with ALL the items.

Also the most expensive and wanted items could and most likely do have a drop rate adjustment regularly, say every hour or everyday, depending on how many are active in the game or been used or been vendored etc.

---

So for example, a shavrone has a drop rate of 1 per hour with random number of sockets, 5% chance to be a 6 socket (for example).. the people that run the most maps or kill the most stuff where it can drop, with the highest rarity find % have a better chance to get it.

Understood now?

---

So if you want good drops, you pick a time to play when the least people is playing on your server, and try to kill the most stuff possible..

Yes, because quantity of stuff killed greatly outdoes rarity find % on your gear.

---

So all in all, heres how you get the most goodies in POE:

1- play when no one else is playing
2- farm fast, speed clear maps where your desired item can drop (if its unique or rare), or has a better chance to drop (if its currency)
3- get as much rarity on your gear, BUT NEVER SACRIFICE CLEAR SPEED NOR DEFENSE where its needed.

---

Good luck and enjoy!

PS: A little existent taboo is that, if you have a good internet connection, a good graphics card and processor (if your poe runs flawlessly), you will get more and better drops, but hey... ok nvm :)
Last edited by stuncc on May 25, 2018, 2:55:54 PM
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2018, 9:56:18 AM
I really want to know where you got this info.
If this is true, this would give a massive advantage to the first high level characters every league, as they would be competing against a much smaller user base for high end drops.
OMG this information is so amazing to know. Now all I have to do is create 1 million accounts, 1 million exiles, and park them in a zone while I play my real character. The drops will be INSANE!!!!!!ONE
"
Namcap wrote:
I really want to know where you got this info.

probably his imagination, as its clearly a big load of bollocks
I bet you he thinks the earth is flat
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Google "Occams razor". It will tell you why we reject your theory over a simple randomly generated pattern.
Yeaps! Chris just called me and he confirmed me that everything what you just said is true!

He also said that after you pick up 99,999 Wisdom Scrolls, your next drop will be Mirror of Kalandra! If it doesn't drop after that, then you probably picked up low quality non HHS( United States Department of Health and Human Services) approved Wisdom Scrolls and you have to keep picking up them until you have reached a 99,999 of "Quality Wisdom Scrolls".

I honestly didn't even know that myself!
Not playing 3.20 - just a sm0l break, builds are still fine.
Best ways to get good drops.

1. be a high subscription PoE streamer. (This is the best way)

2. have a character with a positive randomly generated drop number (this number is hidden in the code, but good packet sniffer can find it)

3. buy lots of MTX. This can temporarily increase your drop number

"
respwnd wrote:
Best ways to get good drops.
2. have a character with a positive randomly generated drop number (this number is hidden in the code, but good packet sniffer can find it)

This is a thing.

But in the end nothing beats clear speed and amount of stuff killed + playing when no one else is playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info