[3.6] Low Life Arc Mines | Uber Elder

"
Klimon wrote:

Aspect of the spoder get's supported by support gems inside your gloves. Both arcane surge and increased duration have mana multiplier that multiplies aspects's mana cost. I'm sure if you manage your links in such a way so aspect doesn't get any mana multi, you'll have enough mana to do your stuff.

You can check my profile for the gem setup i use.

I've played like 4 characters with aspect and never realised that!

"
Where Headhunter does shine is on Beyond maps. Beyond maps have significantly more rare monsters than the typical map, allowing you to consistently obtain the good Headhunter mods. I would only recommend Headhunter if you're putting Beyond on all your maps (but if you are it's totally worth it).

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain HH doesn't work and all - mines do all the killing.
"
Klimon wrote:
"
Harbinger00 wrote:
Can this build work with 2 weapons or is the shield loss a big hit to survivability?Playing arc traps in Betrayal,considering LL arc mines as my 3.6 starter.

I currently have 10,014 ES. Unequipping the shield leaves me with 8,641 ES. 8.5k ES is fine for uber elder for instance, but i imagine high ES rares aren't common early league, so you might not be able to get enough ES without shield in fresh league.

However, once you have clarity watcher's eye, presence of chayula (might be way more expensive next league), T1 ES jewels and high ES rares i think you can switch to 2 weapons instead of the shield.

Your best bet is to figure out how much ES you need and tinker around in PoB with different setups to see if it's feasible to get the amount of ES you need with week one, week two rares.

Thank you,killed uber elder twice today as arc trapper,hoping that i will be able to do the same with this build in a few weeks!
"
Klimon wrote:
"
Baldry wrote:
"
Klimon wrote:

Check out arc tooltip. It says +15% more damage for each reamaining arc chain or something like that. You are hitting diminishing returns obviously, but since your base arc damage gets a small buff as well, a lvl21 gem is one of the best upgrades you can get for any arc build early on.

you should at least quote the whole sentance :D

"Why does the additional chain give more singeltarget dmg? if there is only 1 enemy arc does not chain at all because there is no target to chain? or do i understand the mechanic of chain wrong?"

if you fight an 1vs1 enemey there is NO target to chain from and most boss fights are solo. They have add phases but the addphases are mostly easy anyway.

Sir, me not quoting your whole message is nothing compared to you not even reading mine. I wrote that arc deals 15% more dmg for each remaining chain (according to wiki and a tooltip which you haven't read either). If you have a lvl21 gem you get that bonus 7 times, while a lvl20 gem gives you that bonus only 6 times.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arc <-- link to wiki in case your ingame tooltips don't work.

Hey, it's not about if it can bounch 10 times 20 times or 100 times. if there is only 1 Target, it will never chain so you always do the dmg of the first chain. That means it doesnt matter if you have level 20 or 21 gem. Ofcourse in a map the clear will get faster und even agains at least 2 enemeys close to each other the dmg will prob go up (i am not sure if you can chain on a target that you chain already with the same mine)

Like i said maybe i am wrong but i think you do NOT chain from only 1 enemy, so it does not matter if you can on a singel boss fight.
"
Baldry wrote:

Hey, it's not about if it can bounch 10 times 20 times or 100 times. if there is only 1 Target, it will never chain so you always do the dmg of the first chain. That means it doesnt matter if you have level 20 or 21 gem. Ofcourse in a map the clear will get faster und even agains at least 2 enemeys close to each other the dmg will prob go up (i am not sure if you can chain on a target that you chain already with the same mine)

Like i said maybe i am wrong but i think you do NOT chain from only 1 enemy, so it does not matter if you can on a singel boss fight.

Ok, so i read a bit on arc and i got to admit i misunderstood the whole "15% more Damage for each remaining Chain" thing.

To summarize it, let's say your arc deals 100 dmg baseline and chains up to 7 times. Your first target will always take 100*(1+0.15*7)=205 damage since there are 7 chains remaining. Your second target will take 100*(1+0.15*6)=190 and so on. Now if your arc chains 8 times, your first target takes 100*(1+0.15*8)=220 damage. That's like 7.3% more damage just from an additional chain. Your baseline damage increases as well with a lvl21 gem.
"
Klimon wrote:
"
Baldry wrote:

Ok, so i read a bit on arc and i got to admit i misunderstood the whole "15% more Damage for each remaining Chain" thing.

To summarize it, let's say your arc deals 100 dmg baseline and chains up to 7 times. Your first target will always take 100*(1+0.15*7)=205 damage since there are 7 chains remaining. Your second target will take 100*(1+0.15*6)=190 and so on. Now if your arc chains 8 times, your first target takes 100*(1+0.15*8)=220 damage. That's like 7.3% more damage just from an additional chain. Your baseline damage increases as well with a lvl21 gem.

Ahh i did not know that! so even your first hit (not chained) will do more dmg!
Thanks!!
"
Melnevacor wrote:
I'm pretty certain HH doesn't work and all - mines do all the killing.
Headhunter is the exception to the rule. Unlike every other on-kill effect, Headhunter gives the buffs to you even when you're using mines, traps, totems, or minions. It probably wouldn't be such an iconic item if it did nothing on half of the builds in the game. Test it yourself if you want (use Inspired Learning if you don't have a Headhunter handy).
"
alolamola wrote:
"
Melnevacor wrote:
I'm pretty certain HH doesn't work and all - mines do all the killing.
Headhunter is the exception to the rule. Unlike every other on-kill effect, Headhunter gives the buffs to you even when you're using mines, traps, totems, or minions. It probably wouldn't be such an iconic item if it did nothing on half of the builds in the game. Test it yourself if you want (use Inspired Learning if you don't have a Headhunter handy).

Lol, you're right! Looks like I tried it when it was unintentionaly disabled and was really disapointed that it didn't work (was playing Bladefall Mines IIRC). From some old patch notes:

"
Players once again gain the Mods of indirectly killed rare monsters while using the Headhunter or Inspired Learning uniques. This fixes an unintentional change to this mechanic in the 2.1.0 patch.

And because of that I didn't have fun with HH for few past leagues, thinking my builds (I play almost exclusively traps, mines and summoners) can't use it.

Thanks a lot, will farm another HH in 3.6!
ive been playing whole league with arc miner and did all content with this build no problem. Its fast, better than trap version and no need to switch to GC at all.

My question is to ppl who played also stor/armageddon brand builds. Can you compare it to Arc miner?
1. Guadrians
2. Shaper, Uber elder
3. Map clear speed.
4. Any other comparison you think its good to mention.
Can you update the PoB link for 3.6?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info