[3.6] Low Life Arc Mines | Uber Elder

"
Gabim_ wrote:
Pls help my dmg is way to low and i dont know why

got also a double wrath watchers eye with inc lightning dmg and lightning pen

You should also get a 21/0 arc. You can read my message above for explanation.
Also try ele focus instead of minefield for bosses that don't get 1 shot.
"
Klimon wrote:
"
Baldry wrote:
Thanks for the build.
I kinda lack damage any tip what i should upgrade first? (don't say 6l i am at 1200 fusings -.-)

EDIT: Upgraded shield, weapon and belt (it's quite hard getting the resist):

Sir, you should get a lvl21 arc. You don't need a 21/20. A 21/0 will do just fine. Lvl 21 arc is vital not only because of flat damage bump but the extra chain you get which gives you additional single target damage.

Thanks for the replay.

Why does the additional chain give more singeltarget dmg? if there is only 1 enemy arc does not chain at all because there is no target to chain? or do i understand the mechanic of chain wrong?

My dmg now is pretty good. i killed uber elder last night.

using ele focus for singeltarget
first time played miner, my version this build.
my gear.
Spoiler

next time need upgrade jewel, wrath penetra and chant.
uber elder/atziri no deaths.
i will listen to your suggestions for improvement!
"
Baldry wrote:

Why does the additional chain give more singeltarget dmg?

Check out arc tooltip. It says +15% more damage for each reamaining arc chain or something like that. You are hitting diminishing returns obviously, but since your base arc damage gets a small buff as well, a lvl21 gem is one of the best upgrades you can get for any arc build early on.
"
Klimon wrote:
"
Baldry wrote:

Check out arc tooltip. It says +15% more damage for each reamaining arc chain or something like that. You are hitting diminishing returns obviously, but since your base arc damage gets a small buff as well, a lvl21 gem is one of the best upgrades you can get for any arc build early on.

you should at least quote the whole sentance :D

"Why does the additional chain give more singeltarget dmg? if there is only 1 enemy arc does not chain at all because there is no target to chain? or do i understand the mechanic of chain wrong?"

if you fight an 1vs1 enemey there is NO target to chain from and most boss fights are solo. They have add phases but the addphases are mostly easy anyway.
Just leveling up, 80 now and i have nice pair of gloves with aspect of the spider, but can barely get two sets of mines down before mana is emptied... how do people manage the reservation?
"
Baldry wrote:
"
Klimon wrote:
"
Baldry wrote:

you should at least quote the whole sentance :D

"Why does the additional chain give more singeltarget dmg? if there is only 1 enemy arc does not chain at all because there is no target to chain? or do i understand the mechanic of chain wrong?"

if you fight an 1vs1 enemey there is NO target to chain from and most boss fights are solo. They have add phases but the addphases are mostly easy anyway.

Sir, me not quoting your whole message is nothing compared to you not even reading mine. I wrote that arc deals 15% more dmg for each remaining chain (according to wiki and a tooltip which you haven't read either). If you have a lvl21 gem you get that bonus 7 times, while a lvl20 gem gives you that bonus only 6 times.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arc <-- link to wiki in case your ingame tooltips don't work.
"
Shankhook wrote:
Just leveling up, 80 now and i have nice pair of gloves with aspect of the spider, but can barely get two sets of mines down before mana is emptied... how do people manage the reservation?

Aspect of the spoder get's supported by support gems inside your gloves. Both arcane surge and increased duration have mana multiplier that multiplies aspects's mana cost. I'm sure if you manage your links in such a way so aspect doesn't get any mana multi, you'll have enough mana to do your stuff.

You can check my profile for the gem setup i use.
Can this build work with 2 weapons or is the shield loss a big hit to survivability?Playing arc traps in Betrayal,considering LL arc mines as my 3.6 starter.
"
Harbinger00 wrote:
Can this build work with 2 weapons or is the shield loss a big hit to survivability?Playing arc traps in Betrayal,considering LL arc mines as my 3.6 starter.

I currently have 10,014 ES. Unequipping the shield leaves me with 8,641 ES. 8.5k ES is fine for uber elder for instance, but i imagine high ES rares aren't common early league, so you might not be able to get enough ES without shield in fresh league.

However, once you have clarity watcher's eye, presence of chayula (might be way more expensive next league), T1 ES jewels and high ES rares i think you can switch to 2 weapons instead of the shield.

Your best bet is to figure out how much ES you need and tinker around in PoB with different setups to see if it's feasible to get the amount of ES you need with week one, week two rares.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info