Notes about Vaal skills gems and triggering in 3.3.0

"

Then you missed the news post about vaal skill gem changes a while ago. For example, vaal fireball as a skill gem now grants both vfb and fireball as skills.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I missed that too.

So you only need VFB now?... and don't need FB. You put your VFB into your 6Link where your FB would typically be, and blammo, your FB doesn't change (unless benefited by any + Vaal Skill corruptions), but you also get the benefit of VFB 6link?!?!...
Last edited by Illsonmedia on May 24, 2018, 1:06:04 PM
"
Illsonmedia wrote:
"

Then you missed the news post about vaal skill gem changes a while ago. For example, vaal fireball as a skill gem now grants both vfb and fireball as skills.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I missed that too.

So you only need VFB now?... and don't need FB. You put your VFB into your 6Link where your FB would typically be, and blammo, your FB doesn't change (unless benefited by any + Vaal Skill corruptions), but you also get the benefit of VFB 6link?!?!...

Yes exactly. The only drawback is you won't be able to get a 21/20 this way (except maybe double corruption from incursion league)
Can someone clue me in on this one...

Let's say my set up is ;

Incinerate (channeled skill) > cast while channeling > Vaal Blade Vortex

As I channel Incin. it will occasionally fire off the standard BV.

Will I have an additional skill in the skill list for when the Vaal portion of BV is ready to fire and I fire it manually?

Or will this set up not work for the use of both normal BV and the Vaal portion of it?
9 months ago it was suggested to build an exact duplicate of Cold Snap with the same cooldown as COC, actiwated when the game detects that COC supports Cold Snap.

Back then Mark_GGG stated
"
That is in no way possible within the PoE skill system. That would require the Cold Snap gem to grant two active skills, which is fundamentally impossible - each skill necessarily has a unique identifier based on the socket it's in

"
Qarl wrote:

The gem provides two skills, and each is separately referenced for supports and triggering.

In that case, can Cold Snap work with COC at last?
Nothing here
Last edited by trolldemort on May 24, 2018, 4:40:43 PM
"
respwnd wrote:

Let's say my set up is ;

Will I have an additional skill in the skill list for when the Vaal portion of BV is ready to fire and I fire it manually?

Or will this set up not work for the use of both normal BV and the Vaal portion of it?

Yeah regular BV will fire off when your using incinerate, Vaal BV can't be triggered so will just be a manual skill with your remaining applicable links.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:

Let's say my set up is ;

Yeah regular BV will fire off when your using incinerate, Vaal BV can't be triggered so will just be a manual skill with your remaining applicable links.

thank you!
"
respwnd wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:

Let's say my set up is ;

thank you!

SO if you put said VFB into support mine, the regular fire ball would drop in a mine, but the Vaal version I would just cast as Vaal Fire Bal?
so you are saying that vaal immortal call will not trigger of CWDT?
So if I have Vaal Summon Skeletons attached to Multistrike, then the non vaal version still gets the support, and I have to cast the Vaal skill, manually correct?
"
BanditBan wrote:
so you are saying that vaal immortal call will not trigger of CWDT?

Yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info