Notes about Vaal skills gems and triggering in 3.3.0

Sad that Spell Echo, Multistrike and Ancestral Call wont work
"
Tuktarn_ wrote:
Sad that Spell Echo, Multistrike and Ancestral Call wont work

for the vaal part of skill...
what i find HIGHLY disturbing is that 'spells' (actual spells, mines, traps etc skills that benefit from gem levels) just got 'free' 40% more damage while attacks did not

i understand 'supports' also can benefit (thus help attack skills) but i wonder if this 'localised power creep' is a reasonable thing

because 2h phys builds get absolutely FNOTHING from these changes. all released changes benefit spells the most (aka the strong kid) while pushing 2h builds deeper and deeper into the 'noobs only' territory

i know that power creep sells but at least do it properly for once..
I remember reading that vaal skills will not be able to receive charges when they're active, does that include vaal skills that's just an attack, like Vaal Ground Slam?

Also, how does vaal skills work with Ruthless support? For example with Vaal Ground Slam, can I use two normal Ground Slam attacks and then Vaal Ground Slam and get the Ruthless blow on that? Or do I need to use three Vaal Ground Slams in a row to be able to get a Ruthless blow with it? Or can I have normal Ground Slams in between?
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
So, Vaal Caress will be a very interesting item.
and a good one to put in the corrupting altar (even if I don't know exactly what new corrupted implicits are possible to obtain with gloves, there's already the +2 to socketed vaal gems)
Last edited by Lyonnel on May 24, 2018, 6:46:18 AM
"
"
keyarchan wrote:
I remember reading that vaal skills will not be able to receive charges when they're active, does that include vaal skills that's just an attack, like Vaal Ground Slam?

Dude, really? If it has Vaal in the name, it's a Vaal skill...

It doesn't have a duration though, like Vaal Spark which is the kind of Vaal skill they wanted to stop.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
"
keyarchan wrote:
It doesn't have a duration though, like Vaal Spark which is the kind of Vaal skill they wanted to stop.

Have you failed to look at any of the vaal skill gem examples they've released? There's now explicitly a duration for how long after each skill use you can't gain souls. It's probably not *entirely* unrelated to how long the skill lasts, but it's definitely not 1:1.
oh no i am still very confuse
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
when we get a list of new available coruptions?
and they will be reserved only for Corruption Chamber? or normal vaal orbs can make same of them to?
Time to hoard Vaal Orbs, boyz!
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info