Notes about Vaal skills gems and triggering in 3.3.0

great news!
also, considering all the doors that these new mechanics have opened,
when will we have something like a Vaal Raise Spectre for an additional 2ndary skill?

Vaal skills could become a whole new horizon for the game, adding supporting skills
and new item-interactions for players to thinker with.
The kind of things that i love about this game.
So I can put a Vaal Skill Gem into a link with Trap Support or Totem Support and the normal Skill will be used by the Trap/Totem while the Vaal Skill will be manually cast as Vaal Skills cannot be supported by these Gems but normal Skill Gems can. Did I get that right?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
One thing I am missing right now, so I'll ask here because the thread is not as big yet ...

It (still) won't be possible to get 21 (21/20) versions of Vaal Gems where the non-vaal gem is popular too, so you in fact can not save the gem slot if you rely on having a level 21 gem?

Thinking about Cyclone where the additional level gives +1 radius and other stuff...
IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
"
Yoman wrote:
One thing I am missing right now, so I'll ask here because the thread is not as big yet ...

It (still) won't be possible to get 21 (21/20) versions of Vaal Gems where the non-vaal gem is popular too, so you in fact can not save the gem slot if you rely on having a level 21 gem?

Thinking about Cyclone where the additional level gives +1 radius and other stuff...

They teased a 21/23 Discharge today, which would be +1 level corruption and +3% quality corruption, an uber corruption, like the ones teased for items, so maybe we can get 21/20 vaal gems (+1 level and turn into vaal gem) and 20/23 vaal gems (+3% quality and turn into vaal gem).

Edit: changed "double corruption" for "uber corruption" which is a better term for the temple corruptions.
Last edited by BlowITA on May 23, 2018, 11:32:43 PM
Not to be a bitchy moan person but captain warlord asked specifically about this on the forum like two weeks ago with no answer. Please check your forums as well as reddit, chaps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143721
Last edited by ladish on May 23, 2018, 11:16:45 PM
Since there will be restrictions on the gaining of souls, could we let melee vaal skills (mainly vgs) allow multistrike again? The change was not a really good change in the first place, especially considering spell echo...
does this now mean that CWDT can trigger certain vaal skills? It would vastly smooth out gameplay.
"
Qarl wrote:
IThe gem provides two skills, and each is separately referenced for supports and triggering.

If this is the case will the ability to support Vaal Skills with Multiple Traps and Cluster Traps Support be removed? All it does now is decrease the damage while allowing you to get rid of all of your souls in one action.... But it also damages anything that doesn't have more than one use.
R.I.P. Harvest crafting. You were amazing for one league
"
fuxxnuts2 wrote:
does this now mean that CWDT can trigger certain vaal skills? It would vastly smooth out gameplay.

No, only the non-vaal version.
"
biyte wrote:
Since there will be restrictions on the gaining of souls, could we let melee vaal skills (mainly vgs) allow multistrike again? The change was not a really good change in the first place, especially considering spell echo...
I'd like Spell Echo to be added back as well, Vaal Ice Nova just isn't the same without it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info