whats with people boycotting supporter packs?

As long as we continue on as we've always been i see no reason to stop supporting GGG.
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 3:07:51 AM
Except, you're supporting tencent now instead of GGG. It's not a simple majority share of 51% they own, it's 80%.
Basically almost none of your money will actually go to GGG.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
The most plausible reasons to my mind are:

A) They feel GGG doesn't need their support anymore.

B) They feel like they'd now be supporting Tencent instead of GGG.

C) They express their discontent with GGG surrendering their independence through boycotting supporter packs.

Ultimately though, people are individuals and they probably have their own reasons for saying they'd boycott supporter packs.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on May 21, 2018, 8:22:52 AM
Just search how many companies they control. They will still get your money either way.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Except, you're supporting tencent now instead of GGG. It's not a simple majority share of 51% they own, it's 80%.

No, all of the money goes to GGG, if GGG then decide to issue a dividend, 80% of that would go to Tencent.
Because new packs are ugly,compare it with beastiary or abyss with good looking armor sets that felt unique.

New packs do not even look better than random drop items.

Now we are not talking about "supporter packs" as we do not really want to "support" Activision,tencent etc... it became about value of the pack and this pack has very little value compared to previous ones.
"
FCK42 wrote:
but won't tencent give their share back to ggg?
I'm not boycotting supporter packs, just not buying them before a league comes out and I get to experience it first to not get Bestiaried.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Llama8 wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

No, all of the money goes to GGG, if GGG then decide to issue a dividend, 80% of that would go to Tencent.

Looks like GGG doesn't get to 'decide' anything; 80% stakeholder is THE BOSS.
"
Culblade2 wrote:
"
Llama8 wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

Looks like GGG doesn't get to 'decide' anything; 80% stakeholder is THE BOSS.

And if NZ is anything like the UK, the board of directors would need to approve any dividend payment. So yes, given Tencent own 80%, if they want a dividend, they'll likely get one. That said, I don't know whether it's a case of "one man one vote" (in which case, Tencent would likely have 1 representative on the board out of 4 shareholders) or whether Tencent gets 80% of the vote.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info