whats with people boycotting supporter packs?

Chri$ sold out to COMMUNIST CHINA!
"
xMustard wrote:

jesus people, you're also still fully getting what you pay for. this whole idea that everyone was only supporting GGG because they were an "independent kiwi company" is ridiculous. you paid to get the MTX/points etc.

Not everyone, no.
I did. And there are others who did as well.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

jesus people, you're also still fully getting what you pay for. this whole idea that everyone was only supporting GGG because they were an "independent kiwi company" is ridiculous. you paid to get the MTX/points etc.

Not everyone, no.
I did. And there are others who did as well.

I paint largely to support GGG the points and armor/whatnot were just a kind of bonus
I dont see any any key!
Yeah, I just don't really buy that from most people at this point. It is one thing when it was expensive supporter packs with marginal MTX effects and PoE was just getting its footing, but the packs for a while now have been mega loaded MTX/point bundles for $60.

How many claiming they are going to boycott supporter packs happily buy loot boxes or some other monetized equivalent from games like PUBG, Fortnite, CoC, etc...

It smells of hypocrisy and sounds more like people are just upset that they are losing feelsgoodman justification for eStatus effects.
"
Hackusations wrote:
Yeah, I just don't really buy that from most people at this point. It is one thing when it was expensive supporter packs with marginal MTX effects and PoE was just getting its footing, but the packs for a while now have been mega loaded MTX/point bundles for $60.

How many claiming they are going to boycott supporter packs happily buy loot boxes or some other monetized equivalent from games like PUBG, Fortnite, CoC, etc...

It smells of hypocrisy and sounds more like people are just upset that they are losing feelsgoodman justification for eStatus effects.

I think you are probably right about most folks, personally this and a little Warframe are the only Free games I play, the business model of most of them just makes me want to throw up a little

I felt good giving GGG money, I dont feel even ok giving tencent money
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Hackusations wrote:

I think you are probably right about most folks, personally this and a little Warframe are the only Free games I play, the business model of most of them just makes me want to throw up a little

You know that Digital Extremes was also bought out right?

Straight from wiki:
On October 14, 2014, Sumpo Food Holdings Ltd. acquired majority share of Digital Extremes, with Perfect World Co. acquiring minority
thank god i didnt buy any supporter packs. I knew this day would come
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Hackusations wrote:

And you would not be giving Tencent money. Also you do know that Warframe has 61% of it's stock sold to 2 Chinese companies, right? Probably not!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Hackusations wrote:

And you would not be giving Tencent money. Also you do know that Warframe has 61% of it's stock sold to 2 Chinese companies, right? Probably not!

That's not the same though, unless one of them owns 51% of the stakes. There's a huge difference between 61% divided between 2 companies and 80% straight up to 1. Also, it doesn't matter if the company is chinese or not, it just happens to be the case. If it was an american or NZ company it would have been exactly the same outcome.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
people buy supporter packs...to support the little guy. Right?

Now. HAH GOOD LUCK !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info