whats with people boycotting supporter packs?

"
Xavathos wrote:

That's not the same though, unless one of them owns 51% of the stakes.

The Sumpo Food Holdings Ltd has 58% and Perfect World holds 3%.
So basically people don't want to support them because of the new company. I get that to a point. However I couldn't care less about the original owners of GGG, Tencent, etc. I do care about the employees whose livelihood still revolves around POE. I always bought supporter packs for them as much as anything else. That doesn't change because of who owns controlling shares in GGG. Those guys depend on the income for GGG to get paid. If GGG becomes less profitable, then those people suffer.

So I will continue to support them as always. Not saying I am happy about the new investment, but I understand why.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Uncertainty? Before you knew all the money was being delivered to GGG in some fashion. Now some percentage of what's doled out in supporter packs can find its way to tencent.

We have no way of knowing how often or how much money gets thrown up the chain in general. Let alone from any specific source. What we do know is GGG is now under the umbrella of a billion dollar company.

If disney came out with a patreon page so people could support the mouse I don't think people would be all that receptive. GGG is now part of a billion dollar investment firm. The concept of a supporter pack doesn't really make sense anymore.
Last edited by Redjoker on May 21, 2018, 12:12:25 PM
They really should change the name of them. "Supporter" doesn't mean the same thing as it meant in the past. Call them "addict packs" or something more positive if you can come up with something.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They really should change the name of them. "Supporter" doesn't mean the same thing as it meant in the past. Call them "addict packs" or something more positive if you can come up with something.

truth lol
I dont see any any key!
virtue signaling at its finest. internets fastest growing child.

lol im out. gonna go do some uber runs and enjoy the game i love. peace nerds.
Last edited by xMustard on May 21, 2018, 12:55:43 PM
I buy supporter packs when I'm happy with the game. I don't buy them when I'm not happy. Simple.

200+ hr of playtime spent fighting the stupid RNG to get a T15 Elder makes me VERY unhappy -> no support from me.

And I don't give a crap who owns the game.
I'm not really going to boycott it but honestly is really hard to feel like financing "Tencent gaming world conquest" campaign and buying a overpriced pack right now.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I buy supporter packs when I'm happy with the game. I don't buy them when I'm not happy. Simple.

200+ hr of playtime spent fighting the stupid RNG to get a T15 Elder makes me VERY unhappy -> no support from me.

And I don't give a crap who owns the game.

to quote chris (again): "it's a game, just figure out how to win".

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
<message deleted by tencent>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info