Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

"
ShadowHamed wrote:
The only thing I blame them for is this inaccurate line, specifically "while you have Feeding Frenzy"

Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage while you have Feeding Frenzy

Well, this line of yours would be very misleading because Minions from supported skills ALWAYS deal (15-24)% more damage, whether you have Feeding Frenzy or not. But when you have Feeding Frenzy, all minions, from supported AND unsupported skills, will deal 10% more damage and have 15% increased action speed. The 10% multiplier from the buff for the supported minions will be applied on top of the (15-25)% multiplier they get from the support gem anyway.

"
ShadowHamed wrote:
Somebody fell asleep at the wheel and I would expect correction at some point, which will be uber low priority.

But you see, GGG only ever add the wording "while you have XYZ" when you get something extra on top of whatever XYZ does anyway, for example, on Perseverance, which has the following line, "You have Onslaught while you have Fortify," again not explaining what either buff does for you. Or the Rampart notable in the skill tree which gives you a ton of goodies "while you have Fortify."

Imagine GGG would have designed the Feeding Frenzy Support gem differently, say, "Supported Skills grant Feeding Frenzy on Melee hit," then we would have to link the gem to some melee attack skill and we gain FF with melee hits. This may have been a bit clearer for you and yet we would be none the wiser as to what the Feeding Frenzy buff actually does, at least not by reading the gem description. But GGG in their wisdom have to decided that it would be a bit more convenient for a summoner to get the buff from minion hits rather than from melee hits. ;)

So, no, I would not expect to see any changes to their wording at all.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 12, 2019, 5:51:31 AM
I would like to thank tomay for contributions! As i can't yet jump into standard and test it all out, that was very helpful to get insight on the new changes. And i tweaked the build accordingly for now.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
This is not correct because it suggests Minions DONT ALWAYS deal the more Damage. There isn't 1 case with anything with a WHILE in the statement where it is always, not 1. Clearly you dont understand this and you have yet to provide 1 example and you have spent a ton of time.

Incorrect (while is conditional, conditional means a condition must be met AND YOU DONT ALWAYS have Feeding Frenzy)
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage while you have Feeding Frenzy

Correct (nothing in this case means always)
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage

I rest my case, you my friend, are not accurate in your analysis.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Sep 12, 2019, 10:11:53 AM
In other news, I finally splurged on Empower Support (multiple ex). The primordial chain amulet is now just too powerful not to use ALWAYS. Previously, I used it WHILE farming and map bosses. Empower gives the mini flame golem much needed health and more base dmg. Running 10 or 11 golems is more dmg + more defense any way you skin it with ascendancy skills, buffs and primordial jewels that all scale with more golems - not to mention the quality of life benefits with increased clear speed etc.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Sep 12, 2019, 1:58:37 PM
You're right, this is my bad... but:

Once YOU have Feeding Frenzy buff on you (this still is NOT saying what Feeding Frenzy does) the supported minion deal (15-25)% more damage. So says the second line on the gem. So this modifier is granted to the supported minions by the support gem, but NOT by the Feeding Frenzy buff but on the condition that the player HAS the Feeding Frenzy buff.

And in addition (third line), hits from minions supported by the gem grant the Feeding Frenzy buff to the player. When the player has got the Feeding Frenzy buff, the following happens: ALL minions, even those not supported by the gem, will deal 10% more damage and gain 15% action speed. Now this is not explained on the gem nor will it ever be explained. Such is GGG's policy.

Having said that, our flame golems do hit so often, FF uptime is pretty much permanent, certainly in phased boss fights, so no worries there.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 12, 2019, 11:06:10 AM
Correct
Minions from Supported Skills deal (15-24)% more Damage
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Sep 12, 2019, 12:36:31 PM
(15-25)% at gem lvl 21. ;)
"
tomay wrote:
(15-25)% at gem lvl 21. ;)

Nice! Will both be doing that as is the min/max game...
Hey guys,

What are you anointing in the amulet?

cheers
"
Skk1p wrote:
Hey guys,

What are you anointing in the amulet?

cheers

i just smoked minotaur and chimera with primordial chain amulet and no golem deaths. previously those 2 would claim a couple mini golems due to phys dmg

primordial chain amulet makes 10 or 11 golems possible. higher dmg + defense across the board

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info