[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

"
tomay wrote:

As I have pointed out, I did take a slightly different approach.

I do like your build, but I believe it leans towards drastically different approach. ;p There are a variety of different play styles now possible, which is fantastic. I'm presently enjoying mine which is arguably closer to a “slightly different” approach than yours. :)

As an aside, I gave flame meatshield and stone/chaos FF w/ infernal legion, interesting effect and perhaps applicable in delve, more testing needed.
RF Golems, FINALLY!!! :)

I was tinkering with Infernal Legion a bit, but the performance seems to be rather lackluster. Even with 6l Stone Golems (supported by infernal legion, minion damage, conc effect, burning damage, efficacy) and 5 different golems as Harmony-boost it wasn't all that impressive.

In your case, they're also defensive (Meat Shield) so they don't get to see much action and the "RF radius" is abysmal TBH. Also, removing the Lightning Golem means about 200% increased golem damage less for the Flame Golems (you have 10 Harmony, right?). I don't think Infernal Legion is worth our while in its current state.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 13, 2019, 12:35:19 PM
"
ShadowHamed wrote:
I do like your build, but I believe it leans towards drastically different approach. ;p

OK, "drastically different" maybe but the Ascendancy changes do certainly favour my approach. ;)
why is CWDT inside one of the clayshapers??

While killing stuff a stone golem gets summoned on its own and replaces my flame golems..

edit: ok fixed my problem was because cwdt gem was too high level for stone gem.

can you refresh your [Actual Gear / End-Game Skills] with actual 3.8 gear/gems thx.

edit 2: tomay thx for the info.
Last edited by playwe12 on Sep 13, 2019, 1:56:55 PM
"
tomay wrote:
RF Golems, FINALLY!!! :)

I was tinkering with Infernal Legion a bit, but the performance seems to be rather lackluster. Even with 6l Stone Golems (supported by infernal legion, minion damage, conc effect, burning damage, efficacy) and 5 different golems as Harmony-boost it wasn't all that impressive.

In your case, they're also defensive (Meat Shield) so they don't get to see much action and the "RF radius" is abysmal TBH. Also, removing the Lightning Golem means about 200% increased golem damage less for the Flame Golems (you have 10 Harmony, right?). I don't think Infernal Legion is worth our while in its current state.

I agree with all those points. im only running 10 golems, not 11, for added defense with shield, so i prefer a clean 8 flame. everything melts as is, but for any serious fight (uber elder), yes, at least 4 golem variety coming into play with some gear swap for the added 200%. In delve, with ignite + infernal legion up, its really just to keep any pack from touching me, not that i get touched often anyway. Experimenting effects, ill make adjustments accordingly. thus the flame golem meatshield and infernal ff aggressive stone/chaos running around, all experimentation.
"
tomay wrote:
"
ShadowHamed wrote:
I do like your build, but I believe it leans towards drastically different approach. ;p

OK, "drastically different" maybe but the Ascendancy changes do certainly favour my approach. ;)

your approach is solid and a different play style to be certain. the -60% chaos resist is a little curious for some content but i imagine you have some gear swap/flask. I keep 75% chaos resist up for no immediate threats just for the heck of it.
You mean CWDT was too high, right?

Using a CWDT setup in Clayshaper is OK as long as CWDT does not exceed lvl 9. A lvl 12 Stone Golem (as granted by Clayshaper) has a character level requirement of 56 (although players can summon this golem as soon as they can equip the hammer) and CWDT lvl 9 can only trigger trigger skills that require character lvl 54 or less. If CWDT is lcl 10 or higher it will alsays trigger the stupid golem. ;)

As for the recommended gear, not much has changed, there aren't any new/exciting items for this build.

Note: Aggressive from Primordial Might is currently not working, so use another Harmony instead of Might and link Feeding Frenzy Support to your Flame Golems.
"
ShadowHamed wrote:
the -60% chaos resist is a little curious for some content but i imagine you have some gear swap/flask.

Arakaali and Shakari grant a total of 35% Chaos Resistance/Less Chaos damage taken and Poison Immunity, Amethyst Flask is another 35%, 2k or more life regenerated per sec does help too. Can't say I have much problems with Chaos damage.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 13, 2019, 1:57:21 PM
I am loving this build, really fast, smoth and most of all, fun to play!

But i am having trouble to clear cassia encounters in high end red maps!

Any recommendation?
What kind of problems? Golem Damage or survivability?

You did invest quite a lot in minion nodes in the skill tree. You will get a lot more damage when you replace the two Ghastly Eye and Eminence with three more Harmony jewels. Since you summon 5 golem types, this will be up to 300% increased Golem Damage. All those minion nodes with a few % here and there really pale in comparison. In fact don't need any minion nodes, Lord of the Dead (because it's on the way to the jewel socket) and Golem Commander (because you know why ;) is all I have. Refund some and invest in more Life/ES. You have less than 3k life / 3k ES... now, that would be way below my comfort zone. ;)

You don't have Elemental Equilibrium but you do have Beacon of Ruin, use Beacon to your advantage. Take EE and use Storm Brand for a more passive approach or Arc + Elemental Proliferation for greater effect (pimp it with curse on hit if you want). If you find a source of added cold damage (the hybrid craft light/cold dmg on a ring for example) you will chill and shock (22%) them all. EE means far more damage than Flammability especially at bosses where we need it most. If survivability is an issue curse Enfeeble or Temp Chains instead.

Upgrade your Golems to lvl 21 (cheap thanks to the divination card) and move the golem setup to your helmet, there you will get lvl 22 Chaos Golem, that's a whopping 7% more physical damage reduction (a total of 36% in your case).

We can also craft 20% increased Golem Damage on Gloves.

I have crafted +2 to minimum Endurance Charges on my rings, that's 8% to all res and 8% physical reduction which adds nicely to what we get from our Chaos Golem now.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 13, 2019, 4:32:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info