Builds for 3.3 incursion?

"
nateo13 wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
nateo13 wrote:
I just feel lost in the sauce because there is so much to learn...

For now you gotta play the guessing game like the rest of us ^^

The game is very different compared to diablo, which is what I'm used to. I'm used to coming into a season knowing what's going to be good and picking one ahead of time.

I was the same way, coming from D3. But, in D3, there were only a few viable end-game builds for each class. So, choices were limited.

In PoE, there's so much stuffs...

My suggestion is that you start, first, taking a look at "3.2 League Starter" builds that have the sorts of listed playstyles and end-game viability you're looking for. Pay particular attention to builds focused on a specific Unique. The best builders will also list "leveling items" and give you an idea of how difficult it may be to get end-game items. If the end-game gear is sometimes difficult to get early in a League, you may be struggling with currency generation later in league, as a new player, so it may be a little harder for you to come by.

Pay attention to builds that use multiple Uniques. The more uniques you have in a build, the more difficult it is to optimize that build and to be flexible, so if the build has six uniques... you can bet that in order to optimize that build and cap your resistances, you'll be hunting for very expensive rare items with loads of desirable affixes on them. :) (Hard to come by, sometimes, unless you get lucky.)

Elemental builds have the highest dps potential, but encounter the most issues with resistances and optimization for end-game. (Elemental penetration, reflect damage, etc.) Physical damage builds generally have an easier time, since mobs don't "resist" physical damage, but it generally has a lower top-end in terms of damage. (Some physical crit builds can have great dps potential, but are hard to gear for and generally "squishy.")

In general, "Builders" with good reps in the community will start coming out with decent suggestions before the League starts, so keep an eye on them. Most popular PoE Youtubers will either list their own or cover the better builds that other notables have put together. Watch for these as the League approaches.

If a build listed on the forums has umpteen pages of comments and the like, and they don't all seem to be complaints, and it appears to be "updated" for the latest/expected patch and doesn't rely on, as far as you can tell, uniques that are really difficult to get, and it appears viable or is listed as a "League Starter" then... it's probably a decent choice. :)

Note: When I first played PoE and experimented, I started looking at "Hardcore" builds, thinking that I'd do better playing an HC build in regular League play. They should be more survivable, right, making up for my deficiencies and ignorance? Well, yeah... But, if I want "end-game" I'd end up with an extremely survivable character that couldn't kill anything. :) So, if you see a build listed as Hardcore, realize that's exactly what it is intended for and it may not translate well to Standard/League advanced play. That goes for many builds that have specific listings. "Lab Runners" that don't also tout their end-game skills are exactly that - Lab Runners. The same goes for "Fast Map Clearing" builds that don't mention single-target damage or end-game - They're fast glass-cannons meant to take out hordes of mobs, not boss-killers. So, for builders who know what they're doing and being honest, these sorts of descriptions are exactly what they say they are, no more, no less.
Last edited by Morkonan on May 17, 2018, 3:47:12 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
I'm tempted to try something with the reworked infernal blow. Sounds like the changes to it make it both single target and AOE viable. We'll see.

Me and you both^^

My current starter project build:
https://pastebin.com/Y8dqWskq

For map clear, instead of using the "classic" ancestral call + melee splash, I will use ignite. The corpse explosion will do a huge proliferation, making IB killing everything around for 4 sec (ignite dealing ~250-300% max life per second) instead of only on a kill (Great for breachs, abysses, melee monsters closing in etc). The range is also higher (20 radius for ignite prolif against ~18 for melee splash) No real con (the initial explosion still hit for >100% max life), but some additional advantages.

And for monotarget, with a swap to Elemental focus + bloodlust, I still have over 650K dps (without jewels, just with scourge as a stack stick, etc), currently.

If the boost in monotarget damage is ~50% more damage, i will easily hit the million dps, and it can go up much more.

The start is also incredibly cheap, Callinellus Malleus is dirt cheap.

Thank you so much! I love it when others do all the work for me. Upper management all the way.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
This thread pretty much sums up why POE shits all over D3...

Like OP said, D3 = 1 meta build everyone plays. In POE? Fuck... everyone has their own opinion... there are just so many great choices and different playstyles :) Gotta love it!
Its all depend what play dtyle u prefer. Ive tryed a summoner this league for first time, pretty insane. Always looking for a good meleebuild that suit me. Found an instant leech marauder claw build with frostblade. Perfect leqvue starter but price of item could be a bit high. For next league i think traps would be a very good build choice. Looks like ggg giving them much love!

Until lvl 45 i would say the
Claw marauder;
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1997761

Until uve to buy ornament claw and blooseeker any one hands weapon would work.

Easiest t10+
Would go with summoner and 'mage skelly' if u can get a hand on 2 jewels for mage skelly.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585

U can drop the reduce dmg from crit/block and focus on rarity/quantity or just add more dmg to minion.
Tryed all and thats just insane clear speed with solar guard.
With the 3.3 and modification to burn/ailments, will be just better.

Both are pretty starter but can be tricky to gear for endgame and top dmg. But i think those are my new favorite starter for currency farm.

Got both on bestiary lvl 85+ and i got both on t15 map. Claw is insane, until T12 uve nothing or not much to worry. Cleared my first t15 with the summoner/block before ive done it with my oni's goroshi molten strike build. By far the 2 best caracter ive play

Requirement for both to work wondefull.
Claw: ornament claw and bloodseeker.
Summoner: 2 dead reckoning jewelers (skeleton mage).

Both on 4L brings u to t10 mapping.
Some sorta fire build im thinking.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
I'm praying right now that the nerfs or changes won't affect my build that I made within the last 10 days. It's so insane that it'll probably get nerfed or get super expensive at least next patch.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
KB Deadeye MF

anything else is a waste of time
"
emulatin wrote:
KB Deadeye MF

anything else is a waste of time

You must be fun to play with.
Here's a weird one you don't see much. Berserker wild strike with bloodseeker claws. Fast clear AoE with decent single target due to face tank with Berserker ascendancy leech with insta-leech from bloodseekers. Basically a frost blades build with wild strike to give 3 elements to get around high cold resist mobs and bosses. Bloodseeker and Kaom's Roots only required uniques. GGG hasn't gotten around to making a threshold jewel for WS yet though. Got to L87 and T13/14 maps before moving on to try possible trapper setups for 3.3.
"
Stubby83 wrote:
Here's a weird one you don't see much. Berserker wild strike with bloodseeker claws. Fast clear AoE with decent single target due to face tank with Berserker ascendancy leech with insta-leech from bloodseekers. Basically a frost blades build with wild strike to give 3 elements to get around high cold resist mobs and bosses. Bloodseeker and Kaom's Roots only required uniques. GGG hasn't gotten around to making a threshold jewel for WS yet though. Got to L87 and T13/14 maps before moving on to try possible trapper setups for 3.3.

Wild Strike has always seemed pretty cool to me. I may give this a go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info