Builds for 3.3 incursion?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Sunder is popular, but I still prefer Ice Crash. Less damage, but far more safety. Freeze/chill is vastly underrated as a defensive measure.

It's not underrated, it's just that icecrash sucks because of the massive attack speed penalty whil being melee.

You can freeze/chill with more or less anything as long as you use hatred or stat stick with additional cold damage.
If they let all stages of Ice Crash hit, rather than just 1 of the 3, then it would be a great skill. Frost Blades brings the bonus of range and cold damage, not to mention a much faster clear speed which is going to be important in this league (again).
I'm tempted to try something with the reworked infernal blow. Sounds like the changes to it make it both single target and AOE viable. We'll see.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
I'm tempted to try something with the reworked infernal blow. Sounds like the changes to it make it both single target and AOE viable. We'll see.

Me and you both^^

My current starter project build:
https://pastebin.com/Y8dqWskq

For map clear, instead of using the "classic" ancestral call + melee splash, I will use ignite. The corpse explosion will do a huge proliferation, making IB killing everything around for 4 sec (ignite dealing ~250-300% max life per second) instead of only on a kill (Great for breachs, abysses, melee monsters closing in etc). The range is also higher (20 radius for ignite prolif against ~18 for melee splash) No real con (the initial explosion still hit for >100% max life), but some additional advantages.

And for monotarget, with a swap to Elemental focus + bloodlust, I still have over 650K dps (without jewels, just with scourge as a stack stick, etc), currently.

If the boost in monotarget damage is ~50% more damage, i will easily hit the million dps, and it can go up much more.

The start is also incredibly cheap, Callinellus Malleus is dirt cheap.
Last edited by Keyen on May 17, 2018, 2:31:22 PM
I would like ta know some nice Marauder starter builds for fast currency farm at beginning
of new league.
Soory that im so noob. Just playing this game since march.
Wander for me. Really high clear speed and safe. Cheap too. Dont even need a 6L Queen until like lvl 12 maps. Uses a 5c weapon and self make jewels
Git R Dun!
"
ShadowSmoke wrote:
Whats your strength and whats your weaks.

Are you a fast player? or you like it save?
Melee? Range?

for melee i would say Sunder Build.
for melee with movement i would say Cyclone Build.

and if you want to play save and a little passiv, play Minions. Zombies, Spectre and maybe later Golems.

If they dont nerf this builds too hard ^^

I really enjoy fast paced aoe, I was playing elementist reave witch this season, I've had a blast but I feel like I've hit a stand still in damage and toughness vs. higher maps...maybe I still don't know what I'm doing and I'm losing damage somewhere on my build. I really like the autocasting feature Poe offers, and I'm thing about doing the sheild charge/etheral blades build someone suggested in the comments
"
nateo13 wrote:

I really enjoy fast paced aoe, I was playing elementist reave witch this season, I've had a blast but I feel like I've hit a stand still in damage and toughness vs. higher maps...maybe I still don't know what I'm doing and I'm losing damage somewhere on my build. I really like the autocasting feature Poe offers, and I'm thing about doing the sheild charge/etheral blades build someone suggested in the comments

That was me and it was probably a terrible, horrible suggestion (if it even works). The most success I've had with some auto cast stuff was a Ngamahu Cyclone Slayer build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819239

Duelist character. Lots of life leech. Really only need one item to get started..

Spoiler

And you don't even have to link the gems in it for it to be effective. So, you cyclone into packs of mobs and constantly leech while doing cyclone damage that triggers free molten burst aoe. I've never got to level 92 so easily.
Last edited by frenzul on May 17, 2018, 3:23:46 PM
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
nateo13 wrote:
I just feel lost in the sauce because there is so much to learn...

For now you gotta play the guessing game like the rest of us ^^

The game is very different compared to diablo, which is what I'm used to. I'm used to coming into a season knowing what's going to be good and picking one ahead of time.
"
nateo13 wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
nateo13 wrote:
I just feel lost in the sauce because there is so much to learn...

For now you gotta play the guessing game like the rest of us ^^

The game is very different compared to diablo, which is what I'm used to. I'm used to coming into a season knowing what's going to be good and picking one ahead of time.

That's only because the sets' bonuses change like once a year so you know what is strong a long time in advance.

Like I said, I doubt there will be a lot of nerfs. Strong builds for league start:

GC mines
AW totems
Hiero totems
Necro (Spectre or skeletons)
RF (many possibilities)
Reave / BF Champion
Sunder Jugg
KB Deadeye (wands)
TS Deadeye (bows)

These are just the obviously popular and strong skills, but there's 50 more that are perfectly viable unless you plan to do Uber Elder by day 4 (which if you were, you wouldn't be asking people for help, since that's reserved for a dedicated few)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info