Skill Reveal: Seismic Trap

"Unlike Siphoning Trap, we expect some players will use Seismic Trap"

I chuckled.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wait a sec... "cut in half for every 100%"????? Math doesn't work that way.

Math does, in fact, work that way.
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on May 16, 2018, 9:56:38 PM
So, I love the Aztec Spanish and build your own adventure this coming league.
What I am painfully dreading is a trap only focused revamp of skills.
Yeah, we've seen some other stuff and vaal gems are supposed to be dope.
Is it really just vaal gems and traps though? Please for the love of PoE, no.
If it's skill revamp focus, why the hell all the new traps?

PS
The sound effects will absolutely drive me insane. The last two shown, headache.
It's going to be Kerbal Space Program all over again with the nausea inducing sounds.
"
RustedSky wrote:

PS
The sound effects will absolutely drive me insane. The last two shown, headache.
It's going to be Kerbal Space Program all over again with the nausea inducing sounds.

the sound actually owns, sorry.
As cool as many of the new skills look, they appear to fall short in the speed category. Chris himself said much of the gameplay in the Temple will favor fast builds, and Ziggy's videos confirm that clearling quickly will garner you more rewards both immediately and upon completion.

So...other than for the change in flavor, why would someone play traps and gimp themselves in the area created for the league? That's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious if there are compelling reasons to play traps. Bossing or Uber Lab farming etc.? Are they any better than the faster builds for those purposes?
I only hope it will be be as good as breach or abyss. NoBeastHype!
The focus on trap skills is really irritating. When a majority (or realistically ALL) the new skills being released are traps, you're not doing anything for the large majority of people who don't enjoy playing trap/mine builds. Its better to have a balanced release of new skill types.

The only good news is that vaal skills should be more viable and most people will utilize those if they use those skills.
wowie
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
nice totem skill
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wait a sec... "cut in half for every 100%"????? Math doesn't work that way.

Say you have a spell with a cast time of one second. 100% increased cast speed would mean you can cast that spell twice as often in the same amount of time, ergo it halves the duration to 0.5 seconds.

Yyyyeah . . . and then what happens when you add another 100% increased cast speed?

(Hint: you get one answer if you apply the wording in the OP literally, and another if you assume it works the way cast speed works with spells.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info