[3.3 Raider] Milgi's Reave Scaeva - Dreamfeather/ Ichimonji 1mil DPS budget/ 3.9 mil DPS highend

"
H_Espenhein wrote:
Is it worth leveling with reave over sunder?

The problem with Sunder is that it's not usable with swords, so in the case you want to make a reave build i would not suggest leveling with sunder, since you would have to omit going for the Brutal Blade and Fatal Blade nodes in your early levels. With these two nodes (you should have them by the end of act 1) Reave will already be better than Sunder.
"
Milgi wrote:
"
H_Espenhein wrote:
Is it worth leveling with reave over sunder?

The problem with Sunder is that it's not usable with swords, so in the case you want to make a reave build i would not suggest leveling with sunder, since you would have to omit going for the Brutal Blade and Fatal Blade nodes in your early levels. With these two nodes (you should have them by the end of act 1) Reave will already be better than Sunder.

Cool didnt think about the sword nodes.

I was just affraid that the reave radius would feel so crap without gem-levels.
With Abyssus and low armor does Blood Rage do a ton of damage if you stop killing?
"
Laxgimly wrote:
With Abyssus and low armor does Blood Rage do a ton of damage if you stop killing?

Could just un-socket it if there's nothing to kill? I mean your leach is pretty strong when fighting but yeah I think we'll need to test the Degen when not in combat to see how quickly it degens health
"
Laxgimly wrote:

With flasks up and a mediocre rolled Abyssus you should have about the same % phys damage reduction as % inc. phys damage taken. In this case, Blood Rage would deal the base dmg to you ( 4% of max life per second).

Blood rage has a base duration of 11 seconds, which means that even if you press it and then for 11 seconds you don't kill anything you would take 44% of your max health as damage = 2420 damage for the tanky version. If you take into account that with VP your leech rate is about 2,2k you would heal all this back up in less than 2 seconds of fighting.

Of course, you see in my build I use Inc. Duration because generally i would prefer to have less button mashing, however, this also increases this risk of blood rage dealing some damage to you. If you feel not comfortable enough, I suggest having an unlinked Blood Rage till you feel ok playing with its degen and then add Inc. Duration for QOl upgrade! Otherwise, you could 4-link the helm with Ice Golem and Blood Rage and support them with Enhance and Empower on the other two slots. Finally if you care less about squeezing some more DPS and more about convenience you could have a 2-link on helm with Ice Golem and Inc. Minion Life and the other Blood Rage with Inc. Duration.
Last edited by Milgi on May 24, 2018, 7:47:51 AM
Are you going to be running the tankier version for league starter or going with the full dmg one? I'm probably going full dmg considering I play SC but just curious as to what you're going to go for.
"
Spazmeister wrote:
Are you going to be running the tankier version for league starter or going with the full dmg one? I'm probably going full dmg considering I play SC but just curious as to what you're going to go for.

I play SC as well, but I think I will go for the tankier version. Lately, I have been fiddling with another iteration of the tankier build.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/xCwQu4pP

As you can see, it keeps the same life pool as the tanky version and has even higher DPS than the damage version, but you lose about 30% movement speed. The main changes I made was to replace Impresence with Astramentis (for the better synergy with Shaper's Gloves) and remove Herald of Ash and replace the Blasphemy-Vulnerability with Blasphemy - Punishment.

It becomes a bit less zoom zoom, but it can give you the survivability of the tanky version and raw damage of the dps version!!
Last edited by Milgi on May 24, 2018, 9:13:33 AM
"
Milgi wrote:
"
Spazmeister wrote:

I play SC as well, but I think I will go for the tankier version. Lately, I have been fiddling with another iteration of the tankier build.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/xCwQu4pP

As you can see, it keeps the same life pool as the tanky version and has even higher DPS than the damage version, but you lose about 30% movement speed. The main changes I made was to replace Impresence with Astramentis (for the better synergy with Shaper's Gloves) and remove Herald of Ash and replace the Blasphemy-Vulnerability with Blasphemy - Punishment.

It becomes a bit less zoom zoom, but it can give you the survivability of the tanky version and raw damage of the dps version!!

Had a look - I was going to use Astramentis myself because of shapers so yeah good move there- the other thing is as long as the movement speed is 200% or more, I've found that I don't actually notice that much of a difference when it comes to mapping. Only time I really notice is in lab.
Also, I noticed you have "is the enemy blinded?" selected on PoB - where's the blind coming from?
"
Spazmeister wrote:
Also, I noticed you have "is the enemy blinded?" selected on PoB - where's the blind coming from?

Ancestral Warchief has Blind support linked with it (apart from Culling) and with 4.32 APS every 2 seconds he should apply blind in about 2 seconds of attacking. With the quality and increased duration by the gem level the blind should last a little more than 6 seconds. As a result, you could easily achieve "permablind" on bosses, guardians etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info