Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

Good Job!!!!!!!
Bestiary? What can I say, as a long time player, (since lotto beta days) I have seen many changes to POE, and still to this day it is my favorite PC game of all time! As a league player, I have seen many leagues come and go, some are hits,(Perandus and Breach still my favorite) and some misses, but regardless I come back for the creativity, the game-play and the loot.

Bestiary as a whole slowed down the game considerably and capturing the beasts was "clunky" as best as I can describe it. Many times I just sat there wondering "did it register a throw or not?"

The most positive thing though I did use was crafting the mods I needed for flasks...(this was a nice usable addition) and other then trying for a Headhunter, didn't use it for much for anything else. Just a suggestion...Consider Einhar Frey as a new Master for the hideout, tweak what he can offer, but stick with usable modding.

Keep up the good work GGG!
I think this shows a lot of class and thoughtfulness from the developers - no reason to double down when something in retrospect doesn't meet expectations. For me this mechanic felt cheap in comparison to an otherwise very rich game. Good call IMO.
Glad to hear that.. Last thing I want is to micromanage another thing in the game.. and look up for the price of beasts so I wont throw away an Ex by accident.
I will be honest... I havent played this game since week 2 of league or so. I hated this league with a passion. I appreciated that GGG wanted to try something new. But this league wasnt for me.

I am happy that it will die, though I am sorry that all the hard work went to waste.

Hopefully the next league can draw me back...
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
kadin wrote:
Just wanted to say good call guys. I appreciate the risk you took
well, now they won't take risks. next 3 leagues at very least = appeasement central with leagues akin to breach that favor a certain playstyle.

Guarantee that won't be the case. Feel free to check this post 3 leagues from now. At worst you can expect a pattern of one appeasement league, one creative-experimental league. At worst.

You say this, but when was the last truly Hard league after invasion was hard-nerfed due to extreme whining? Im still waiting on it.

I dont believe they wont try some different ideas, but there's unfortunately a place for pessimism here.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 7, 2018, 9:58:46 PM
Really good decision. PoE is complex enough. It's ok to make it more complex, but definitely not this Bestiary-kind of complex.
Can the people who participated still access their menagerie? It's really satisfying to look at your zoo. just take the altar out and leave the monsters.
If the UI was cleaned up a bit, I might of enjoyed playing the league.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Guarantee that won't be the case. Feel free to check this post 3 leagues from now. At worst you can expect a pattern of one appeasement league, one creative-experimental league. At worst.

You say this, but when was the last truly Hard league after invasion was hard-nerfed due to extreme whining? Im still waiting on it.

I dont believe they wont try some different ideas, but there's unfortunately a place for pessimism here.

I don't even see how that relates to what I said, dude.

Can you really not see or are you not willing to? they never again did another balls-to-the-wall hard league due to extreme whining.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 7, 2018, 10:04:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info