Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

That's a shame, TBH I never was a super fan of Bestiary as a league, However i thought it fit really well into the base game, especially as a player that enjoys the SSF style of play (don't ever play it, just don't trade much but i need to play with my friends, please make som form of group self found option). I can see how it can be a resource hog and thus it might be a good decision to not include it.
Spoken like someone who enjoyed the league enough to get 1 challenge completed.
You should not have allowed David Brevik to design your league.

Let me offer some advice, get your guys together and hammer out what it is PoE does, and make leagues and their mechonix enhance or fill in the gaps for the bullet points you guys list.

Then, automatically reject all league mechanics that undermine or at odds with what the Core PoE experience is.

There were way, and I mean wayyyy too many builds for which bestiary was a nuisance and they could not have interacted with it, at all.

Also, the fact that literally nothing about the league is presented in consumable format in-game and descriptions and expected results are actually the opposite of what occurs is something you need to look into.

I was 100% sure that bestiary would be included in the core game - had you kept it I was uninstalling. As a dev team, you have a proven 100% track record of getting adjustments and macro decisions wrong.

The league is awful, and it's only saving grace is that now we have 100% confirmation people like playing leagues where the economy can't be gamed, and the league mechonix is not an impediment to success and seeing end-game.

I know Chris wants a niche game, and only the most dedicated should be "rewarded" with end-game, It's GGG's game and not Orca's. Having said that, I truly don'y understand that mentality, and wasting resources to make the game obtuse, convoluted, and just a jumbled mess of both spaghetti code and spaghetti game experience.

I want to continue playing, but GGG's core ethos is antithetical to a fun and engaging game experience.

At least you learned not to keep this steaming pile.

Thanks.
I won't miss the mechanics and tedium of catching beasts at all, but I will miss the 10 or so recipes that were actually good. Really hope those are implemented some other way. And I hope it's 100x less a pain in the ass.

But let's face it, you spent a lot of time after launch and never removed the net tiers, adding to already overcluttered inventory, and had a poll with two bad options without considering maybe just letting us catch beasts no matter what? Not to mention not being able to catch shattered beasts until after 90% of people quit.... So much wasted potential, simply because of your commitment to make us do chores to play the game. Trading and master missions still being in such a state are proof of that... And the fact you nerfed AoE for no sane reason.

I hate to think about how much time went into this league, but hey, at least it was better than Talisman. I remember having the opportunity to kill Rigwald and choosing not to participate because that league was such cancer.

Now I just hope you learn that Flashback density is how the game should ALWAYS be. But who am I kidding? I think your commitment to slowly draining all the fun out of the game is clear.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
So does this mean going forward none of the bestiary specific unique items will drop in core or next league? What's out there is all there is?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong.
Thank you GGG, I'm sorry I flamed you the past couple months. It seems you're not as far gone as I thought.
I will be returning to the game next league.
I only lament the loss of Bestiary uniques.
Thank you GGG. Thank god, there is no bestiary. No more constantly worrying, am I going to die b/c I can't capture properly? No more need to carry nets all the time. No constant referring to third party sites for beast info. No need to constantly think, is it worth it to capture this beast or seal it.

Shame about the uniques, but compared to the alternative of having Bestiary live on, it's an acceptable sacrifice.
Good call, IMO. I liked Bestiary enough, some elements of it at least, but i'm happy it's not gonna be in the core game in its entirety.

However, hopefully, some of the more useful receipts make it into the game in the future, perhaps via master-crafting rework, oh, and if at all possible, bring back bestiary monster modifiers, i'll actually miss those :D.
well, since you wont implement bestiary I hope at least you'll find some other way to give us the uniques + boss fights and more crafting in the future...
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info