Skill Revamps - Part 4

well, the only problem is, you can't vaal your vaal gems to level 21, which would be a 10% damage loss.
Wow, you just imho made a whole bunch of gems - all the ones that have a vaal version - almost useless :/ (good only for vaaling)... and created a new clusterfuck of unclear gem interactions and mechanics... you are sure you want to do this? And did you test this properly (not "1000 hours experts" style) ?

E.g. what about Vaal Haste? With haste on, will Vaal Haste trigger on its own when the souls req is met? I hope not...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on May 2, 2018, 6:32:08 AM
I dont know why but for me looks like GGG gave up the mechanics and make the game as simple as possible.

No double dip, no block on atlas, vaal skill changes with this 2 in 1, no more vaal skill change during fight to load them with soul, the old cast on death zombies... Make the game to work as simple as possible without instresting mechanics and become a garbage like others. I understand them because like i see for some of us were not clear how could they get a 20/20% vaal gem. And this isnt the only thing what some players didnt realised. So why would i have to wonder... "Simple people" need simple solutions.

But i need more. If i wanna use a vaal arc because its chaining 40 times then leave me to use it for the mechanic with as much as vaal arc i have in my items. Only 1 vaal arc with spell echo hit the targets 80 times in a 4 linked item its overall 240 hits.

"The skill has lost out on the rare situation where it can bounce between three tough enemies repeatedly, but the new bonuses and damage increases make it much more consistent and worth the time spent casting in any situation."

New meme born... This new arc will never hit 240 times 3 targets. So i dont need it thy.

ps.: I forgot to mention the spell echo/ multi strike dont work with vaal above... -mechanic.
Last edited by ShinigamiKller on May 2, 2018, 7:08:40 AM
Huh, I thought GGG liked the concepts of opportunity costs and meaningful decisions. Now we just get a six-link Vaal skill on top of our six-link normal skill.
Good stuff!
If the Vaal Skill Gems now grant the regular and the Vaal version of the skill, why the Regular Skill Gems would exist?? Some Vaal Skill Gems rebalancing or mechanic improvements would be beneficial, but if they stay better versions of regular skills, regular skill gems will be eliminated from the game. The skill gem with regular AND additional, more powerful features, will always be better than the skill gem with regular features only. This is not a good solution.
Maybe the skill cooperation with supports will be a factor for consideration - if a regular version will be able to work with Multistrike Support or Spell Echo Support or maybe other supports and a Vaal version will not, then a regular skill still have a reason to be used, however I have no idea if this would be enough. If not... many support gems may also stay useless.
Will we get a easier way of getting 21/20 or 20/23 vaal gems?
Maybe vaal => +/- quality, +/- level, nothing. And then once the quality/level change applies a 50/50 chance for it to become a vaal gem as well?

And will we get two tags for the skillbar so we don't have to use our vaal skills for stragglers, and so we can see which of the gem links apply to the main skill and which to the vaal skill.

Could become really great :)
Holy damn, this shiz looks nice
Seems awesome, gg !

On a side note, could you change the video codec you're using : "Codec : H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)" ? At least in Firefox, it stays black while i can hear the sounds. I've to open the video link in VLC. It's the second time the issue occurs. Previously all your videos were fine. Remember h264 is sadly a proprietary codec.
Edit : Strangely, it's the same codec used by Imgur but here for instance it works. Not sure what's the issue there...
Edit² : Imgur uses x264 while you're using Mainconcept.
Last edited by Harest on May 2, 2018, 8:56:45 AM
Great changes!

Also, Bex's description of Vaal Double Strike had me in stitches

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info