Skill Usage Statistics

"
Jegro wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:
It is totally fail from GGG that warchief a god damn totem attack skill seems to be the most used damage skill... So fun and interactive eh?

well it's a quick and easy way to give a significant damage boost to any melee attack build. it's not necessarily used as the primary attack.

Yes they are mostly using other skills with it but when the skill is that high in the statistics it is becomming the most used damage skill overall in the game... no matter what you say.
Can we see a breakdown of actual main damage skills for 70 and 90+? And some percentages would be nice also.
I'm not surprised by how low Ice Spear is, but it's amazing to me that Arctic Breath is even lower, being the 2nd least used active skill behind Dominating Blow which will never not be the least used. Arctic Breath seems like a superior choice because of the ability to shotgun.

Also Elemental Hit is not as low as I expected. People use a whole heap of skills less than it, including bladefall for some reason.

"
Looking strictly at this list, it seems clear that fire is a popular damage type to build around.

That's because every fucking skill you make is fire, and you make sure that cold/lightning skills like Ice Crash and Storm Burst remain in the dumpster. Fire skills are blatantly favoured by your """balance""" team and the stats reflect that.
"
dem0n1231 wrote:
"
Drimli wrote:
It is totally fail from GGG that warchief a god damn totem attack skill seems to be the most used damage skill... So fun and interactive eh?

No because its a utility skill used on bosses. Every melee build uses it or protector for the more damage multiplier.

Really!? thanks captain obvious!!! that still don't change the fact that it IS! the most used attack skill does it??? god i am tired of people always defending GGG's shitty skill designs.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Is there any chance we could get statistics about actual main damage dealing skills at some point? Either manually filter out movement/support skills, or look for skills which are in a 5L or a 6L?

Because, you know, knowing that a majority of players use Leap Slam or Herald of Ash isn't a particularly enlightening statistic.

Skills in at least a 4L on level 80+ characters would be a pretty good indicator of skill popularity; people don't usually 4L utility skills and a lot of people put their clear/single target skill in a 4L.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
I'm not surprised by how low Ice Spear is, but it's amazing to me that Arctic Breath is even lower, being the 2nd least used active skill behind Dominating Blow which will never not be the least used. Arctic Breath seems like a superior choice because of the ability to shotgun.

Also Elemental Hit is not as low as I expected. People use a whole heap of skills less than it, including bladefall for some reason.

"
Looking strictly at this list, it seems clear that fire is a popular damage type to build around.

That's because every fucking skill you make is fire, and you make sure that cold/lightning skills like Ice Crash and Storm Burst remain in the dumpster. Fire skills are blatantly favoured by your """balance""" team and the stats reflect that.

+1 so tired of fire dominating everything... you can build into the other elements but it will be more clunky and expensive.
Long live the leapslam shield charge meta.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 10, 2018, 9:53:00 PM
Based on the logic of these usage statistics and the history of path of nerfs, I can't wait for the "changes" you're going to make to the skills so that "they are more equal".

"
Drimli wrote:

Does not at all mean that warchief is the most used attack skill. A) as they mentioned directly in the post, virtually all the gems in the lists were gems used as a utility, NOT the main skill the build is built around. B) As also mentioned in the post, the meta this league is attack based skills, and apparently you are unaware that a large majority of damage based attack builds use ancestral warchief as a utility to give a boost to single target damage, and to also take advantage of the damage buff to the player granted by the warchief. If this were a spell based meta league you would see far fewer builds using warchief.
That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.
We found that shield charge was "too good" of a skill so we decreased it's attack speed and put a 500ms cooldown on it.

As well, we decided to nerf leap slam because it offered players a chance to "jump" over content.

These changes are in line with our philosophy of making the game more frustrating for players, as only 1% of 1% ever reach the content we have created in our leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info