Poet's Way. T H I C C Poet's Pen Boss Killer

"
Zynkh wrote:
"
Love the build but my damage feels low. At the moment the only big damage enchant i think i am missing is the one on the helm i cant figure out where im going wrong.

Can you mention any examples? I’ve been doing t16 without any issues at all

I will just run across some bosses that seem to die slowly. Also I might be playing it wrong but I feel like some bosses can kill me if i dont use every charge of my two hp potions.
Looking to respec a failed L90 sunder jugg into this - I can do a ton of regrets to mirror the tree. Asking about gear, how important is Xoph's or watcher's eye to be able to do higher tier bosses? My currency is limited. Looks great, I want to go to next level and this seems like its doable - but the xoph and Eye are 11EX right now... if they are a deal breaker on build viability I gotta find something else. Thanks!
"
Aldenier wrote:
Looking to respec a failed L90 sunder jugg into this - I can do a ton of regrets to mirror the tree. Asking about gear, how important is Xoph's or watcher's eye to be able to do higher tier bosses? My currency is limited. Looks great, I want to go to next level and this seems like its doable - but the xoph and Eye are 11EX right now... if they are a deal breaker on build viability I gotta find something else. Thanks!

About the Eye, you only need the fire leech part, and it's 2ex right now.
I started this build without a xoph, without the cooldown belt and without 2 abyss socket bubonic trails and t16 were as easy as it could get, only problem was a bit of lack in the single target dps so bossing was slow.
I used a rare amulet to fix the resistances, 1 abyss socket bubonic with the life and mana regen enchant (still have) and a stygian belt with res and life.
Just wanted to add that Command of the Pit with an Hypnotic Jewel is an incredibly nice addition to this build.
I'm hoping to specc into this build (running Conc. Path / Nebuloch Jugg atm).

I don't have any of the jewels, and am new to crafting, how can I craft these jewels?

I'm happy to buy them, but I'd prefer to get into making stuff, so any help appreciated. What's the crafting method, start to finish?

Thanks!
I have some currency now, and I can afford to improve my build a little. Where could I get the most returns?

https://pastebin.com/qE6ZsPgQ

That's my current pastebin.

I crafted a Precursor's Emblem ring. Not sure if it's a good choice over the Kaom's Way. I still have Kaom's there just in case. I'm doing testing. Lost 1 charge, but gained more flat life and damage, but lost regen. Still unsure.

What about quality and over leveled corrupted gems? Which ones are most important?
saved
Anyone have the time to critique my build? just wanna make sure im doing the best dps i can. (shaper down) and im using purity of lightning due to lack of res

Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAGRAdwEswUtBg4Gxgn2DF8NzREPEuEUIBkuHKcczhzcHxgnLyftKo0rUC3SLlMw-DLRNZI22DpYOtg64TsNPC09Dz38RUdJG03jUftTpVXGVkhXDVhjXaRfP2EhZKNmVGhlbzt07Xasd-N4DXlofLuCB4Kbg1-DzITvhXuMz48aj0aQVZHOlmya4Juhn9-iAKLqplenCKlurJitja7_r6e18rc-u-3AAcAawGbBBMRYxPbGrsbYyx7NFs9-0iHSONNv1HzYJNi92WHZfNrB3dXr7uw47FXvDu987-vxbPJB8kXzjfOb9IP2SPfX_gr-VP6P?accountName=cbaist4488&characterName=THE_PEN_AGAIN
Last edited by cbaist4488 on Nov 7, 2018, 12:39:50 PM
Level 93 now on this build. Guardians down - at shaper now...hoping for the best

8400HP no Kaoms Way rings...no watcher's eye...no xophs... using an elder amulet. Rat's Nest VD enchant...love that helm.

EDIT: Lost to Shaper but it is not for a lack of damage it is because i mismanaged the freeze pulses and one got into the area where Zana's shield goes so I couldn't manage bullet hell.

I kept her alive, made it to the third phase, got him down to 3% health before a beam after bullet hell got me.
Last edited by tru2dgame on Nov 10, 2018, 9:50:51 AM
"
Mormoran wrote:

I crafted a Precursor's Emblem ring. Not sure if it's a good choice over the Kaom's Way. I still have Kaom's there just in case. I'm doing testing. Lost 1 charge, but gained more flat life and damage, but lost regen. Still unsure.

What about quality and over leveled corrupted gems? Which ones are most important?

Losing one charge (and the associated life regen %) is not that big a deal, you somewhat compensate by killing faster and leeching more.

As far as gems go, for spells (so VD, Unearth, etc.) you want 21/20 rather then 20/23 as the additional level gives more damage than the extra quality.

If you can find a way to balance your attack speed and resist, Command of the Pit + Hypnotic Jewel is a decent upgrade to your dps, because of Arcance Surge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info