[3.2] LL, VD, Poets Pen, Indigon, 11.4k mana, 9.9k energy shield, 325k avg hit, Uber Elder viable

after 1 week to get this
the price was very cheap (only 80EX from a friend) but prices for dual clarity are now over 100EX.
-deleted-
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Apr 23, 2018, 10:06:29 PM
"
Vexcid wrote:
The mana as extra ES mod makes this build pretty tanky. Even without the mana recovery mod on watcher's eye, you will still do great damage. I personally would prefer the ES mod if I had to choose.

I just bought a decent watcher's eye with % ES under Clarity and unaffected by Flammability under PoF.
Unfortunately it only added like 2k ES which is better than nothing i suppose, guess i'll need to work on my levels and mana.

Will start saving for double clarity watcher's eye.

Edit: How many fevered minds should i be using? I'm currently using 2 but i run out of mana often, is it actually detrimental to use a 2nd one?
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Apr 24, 2018, 12:39:32 AM
"
kelongngu wrote:
"
Vexcid wrote:
The mana as extra ES mod makes this build pretty tanky. Even without the mana recovery mod on watcher's eye, you will still do great damage. I personally would prefer the ES mod if I had to choose.

I just bought a decent watcher's eye with % ES under Clarity and unaffected by Flammability under PoF.
Unfortunately it only added like 2k ES which is better than nothing i suppose, guess i'll need to work on my levels and mana.

Will start saving for double clarity watcher's eye.

Edit: How many fevered minds should i be using? I'm currently using 2 but i run out of mana often, is it actually detrimental to use a 2nd one?

2k ES is a pretty big deal IMO.

Since you're not using the Flow Untethered you should really look into getting a belt with Cooldown Recovery Speed and Mana Recovery Speed modifiers. As your character is right now, I'd bet that you are attacking too quickly, especially with Vaal Haste... This means you are skipping casts and losing tons of DPS. With no cooldown recovery you should be attacking no faster than 3.8 times/sec. You should also drop one of your Fevered Mind jewels for a jewel with lots of resists and potentially %Mana and %ES. You could also try putting a Might of the Meek jewel into the Scion attack speed jewel slot, this will give you 9% all res and a good amount of Mana.

Also try to grab a level 21 Clarity, Volatile Dead and maybe Discipline.
Last edited by DackBradshaw on Apr 24, 2018, 7:17:14 PM
"
DackBradshaw wrote:

2k ES is a pretty big deal IMO.

Since you're not using the Flow Untethered you should really look into getting a belt with Cooldown Recovery Speed and Mana Recovery Speed modifiers. As your character is right now, I'd bet that you are attacking too quickly, especially with Vaal Haste... This means you are skipping casts and losing tons of DPS. With no cooldown recovery you should be attacking no faster than 3.8 times/sec. You should also drop one of your Fevered Mind jewels for a jewel with lots of resists and potentially %Mana and %ES. You could also try putting a Might of the Meek jewel into the Scion attack speed jewel slot, this will give you 9% all res and a good amount of Mana.

Also try to grab a level 21 Clarity, Volatile Dead and maybe Discipline.

You're right, my attack speed after frenzy charges at the moment is 4.27 due to boot enchant (still working on getting the 2% regen); it drops down to 3.97 after boot enchant wears off, which is still a bit too high imo.
I don't use Vaal Haste much, it's just there as a placeholder, will get a Vaal Grace instead as suggested in the guide.
As for the belt, i just got it to fix resists until i get a CDR/Mana regen belt.
Will get a might of the meek as suggested, thanks!
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Apr 24, 2018, 11:45:03 PM
Hello guys, i killed uber Elder with this build without enchant and mana regen Watcher's eye, damage is still insane!I have a question, is % chance to regen 10% of total mana on using skill not better that % of flat mana regen on Eye?
This is probably a dumb question but what does the actual DPS look like (assuming 325k average hit)? Is it half the attack speed of frenzy * number of VD balls * average hit?
Anyone can inform how is the playstyle in 60% less mana recovery maps? Do we swap anything?

Also in no regen maps, do we change specific flask with specific mana flask?

The build is based on mana regen, and reduced regeneration mods on rolling maps are not rare.

"
nel0angel0 wrote:
Anyone can inform how is the playstyle in 60% less mana recovery maps? Do we swap anything?

Also in no regen maps, do we change specific flask with specific mana flask?

The build is based on mana regen, and reduced regeneration mods on rolling maps are not rare.

Doesn't matter for either, as leech is obtained through mana and running out of mana does not inhibit ability to attack. (default filler) The damage is high enough that it does not matter.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
"
KilzVid wrote:
Hello guys, i killed uber Elder with this build without enchant and mana regen Watcher's eye, damage is still insane!I have a question, is % chance to regen 10% of total mana on using skill not better that % of flat mana regen on Eye?

Its trash, struggles to even beat a normal regeneration modifier on an amulet, and recovery rate is a multiplier to all mana regeneration.

Here's some of the maths for that case, know that it is at least this bad (much worse) for the Jewel to be momentarily better than the recovery modifier. It should be significantly closer to 0.1% chance for this case.

"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
q2ev wrote:
we were talking about gif 300k(there was 900k gif before idk why you changed it) toooltip in ho (700k dot) and i said it isnt achiveable without insanity(read BIS amy) AND bis gear with t1 mana/mana reg rolls. the gap in ramp between goood gear and medicore is like 500k dot dps, so me and other guys above were wondering where that significant difference mainly coming from

You're confusing tooltip and DPS, I never changed anything. Also insanity will not give more hideout damage than a mana regeneration alternative, as shown earlier. The biggest difference looking at your gear is not having a 6 link or a 60% helmet. The rest can be upgraded later.

If you want to get into the probability, since the amulet with regeneration is 4.3 times better, you need to at least get 5 10% restores in 5.55 seconds or 10 casts.

So the question is:
What is the possibility that 5 or more restorations of 10% Mana will happen in a 5.55 second period?

Using Poisson distribution, I will consider the sum of probabilities for restorations for 4 or fewer, by then subtracting that percentage from 1, the odds can be easily calculated:

f(x;λ) = (λ^x * e^-λ)/x!

The expected restoration is 1 on every 10 casts, on average. λ=1

So we consider the probabilities of 5 restorations up through 10, that is:

1 - [f(0;1) + f(1;1) + f(2;1) + f(3;1) + f(4;1)]

= 1 - (1^0 * e^-1)/0! + (1^1 * e^-1)/1! + (1^2 * e^-4)/2! + (1^3 * e^-1)/3! + (1^4 * e^-1)/4!

This gives a 99.634% certainty that 4 or fewer restorations will occur in a 5.55 second period. (10 casts)

1 - 0.99634 = 0.00366 or 0.366% chance that the amulet is better in hideout than a Mana regeneration amulet.

Spoiler

Also, to prevent "he said", "she said" here:

Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Apr 26, 2018, 6:36:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info