[3.2] LL, VD, Poets Pen, Indigon, 11.4k mana, 9.9k energy shield, 325k avg hit, Uber Elder viable

"
Aggnog wrote:
"
DackBradshaw wrote:
"
Aggnog wrote:
Pretty nice ideas here. The way I built this seems to make it easier to gear without really losing much in the way of stats/power. Getting a warlords mark ring like that seems difficult to impossible for most people so here is an easy solution especially to those who hate playing with bodyswap like me, simply link mana leech to unearth. The insane dps from indigon will let you cap mana leech even with unearth's low dps and your ES leech will also be capped from arcane surge. This would let you use another curse altogether.

I think the Watcher's Eye you guys are using is way more of a barrier than the Warlord's Mark ring......

You can always just drop mana recovery on the watchers and lose some damage but its still more than enough dps. The ring is very specific and hard to craft because you need resists on it due to all the uniques. I actually didn't realize so many people are playing this until I found the thread yesterday and it seems really expensive to cap resists with so many uniques. My version doesn't use acuity, skyforth, harb belt and has rares instead which lets you cap with much less currency. You can also use cloak of defiance for the insane regen instead of shavs but thats personal preference (I have 35% unreserved life which is enough for all chaos damage, not HC viable tho).

Your build looks great man. Hard to compare it to the OP's since he's posted no videos yet.

I still think you're overestimating the cost of the rings for this one though. Rings on my char were purchased/crafted for less than 4ex. With a 2c jewel to finish off the res cap. I'd be at 10k ES, 11.5k Mana if I had the Watcher's Eye.

Uber Elder down first try. Though I have lots of experience with the fight using Zerphi's Poet's Pen.

I'm not used to having to dodge things though ;)

Using this jewel w/o Clarity ES mod

7.2k ES, 11.4k mana

Put Mana Leech on Unearth, thanks for that tip Aggnog
Its true that there are no videos but the gameplay is really just like any other PP VD build so there isn't much point. Rhaegar has gone private now so I wonder what other build hes making next :D

Apart from that I've noticed that since everything is so specific its really all or nothing gear wise for this setup which is why I'm not much of a fan of it. Everyone in this thread is really basically identically geared which makes it hard to improve the build or make adjustments.

I've done 2 uber elders so far, used 3 portals total for them. Having astronomical dps makes this and pretty much any other boss really easy so it has that going for it.
"
Aggnog wrote:
Its true that there are no videos but the gameplay is really just like any other PP VD build so there isn't much point. Rhaegar has gone private now so I wonder what other build hes making next :D

Apart from that I've noticed that since everything is so specific its really all or nothing gear wise for this setup which is why I'm not much of a fan of it. Everyone in this thread is really basically identically geared which makes it hard to improve the build or make adjustments.

I've done 2 uber elders so far, used 3 portals total for them. Having astronomical dps makes this and pretty much any other boss really easy so it has that going for it.

For sure, I had to hunt down your Twitch page to try to get an idea of how this would work in Uber Elder, before I could decide whether I wanted to finish building it or not.

Now that I've done Uber Elder without the *elusive 60ex* Watcher's Eye, my biggest concern about this build has been lessened.

Maybe you'd like to try an uber elder run w/o your Double Clarity jewel :)
Unfortunately uber elder is a pointless boss that takes way too much time and money to spawn without actually giving you anything rewarding. On top of that I can't even practice the fight because he just dies too easily I've only done 3 portals total in 2 kills whole league. So yeah you can easily do it with 7-8k ES but it would actually require learning the fight a lot better than I do already and I don't have either the time or the motivation to do that.
Dude you write guide and close you profile?WTF
"
Dude you write guide and close you profile?WTF

Yep. There's a POB with my exact gear and every item has been linked in the thread. All the tools to succeed are there. This build isn't hard to play because of its heavy reliance on Unique Items.

I've closed my profile because I'm working on my league starter builds for next league. I really don't want to share them until a couple weeks into the next league. Some of the items used in both builds are "worthless" yet rare and will be oversensitive to changes in demand.

As Aggnog mentioned, Uber Elder isn't suitable for profit at this point in the league and I don't like Bestiary. As a result, my Poet's Pen character will soon be naked. I'd rather have pure currency going to standard to finish some mirror service items.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Those who are able to keep resist up without fire walker might want to consider getting more mana from the Battle Rouse keystone just south of the scion life wheel. If considering based on OP's lvl 94 build, Would have to give up fire walker, occultist dominion and retribution nodes but can easily get over 10k es / 12k mana. Retribution is nice if you still have room for attack speed as to not go over 4.8 aps on frenzy but if you can manage without I think its worth giving up those nodes to get the extra mana nodes.
ign: Vexcid
Any video of the uber elder under 2 min you promised?
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:

Note: PoB does not show leech rate for average hit. To show maximum leech rate, another spell must be added or more math must be done.

Current Maximum Mana: 11,445

Maximum Mana leech rate 20% of pool:
11,445 * 0.20 = 2289

With my current Watcher's Eye, this value is multiplied by 1.27:

2343 * 1.27 = 2907 Mana Leeched per second.

To calculate Indigon damage:
(Mana Regeneration per second + Mana Leeched per second) * 4 seconds (recently) = (3051 + 2975) * 4

Broken into units of 200 Mana spent recently:
(2983 + 2907) * 4 / 200 = 117, rounded down

60 spell damage per unit:
117 * 60 = 7020% increased spell damage, rounded down.

I'm trying to figure out my mana regen, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Wondering why there's a discrepancy between my in-game tooltip and PoB.

Mana: 11,424

Tooltip in-game:
- Outside of combat: 1,288.8
- Arcane Surge proc: 1,556.7
- Arcane Surge & Boot Enchant proc: 2,628.3

PoB Mana Regen:
- Outside of combat: 1,662.6
- "Have you been hit recently?" ticked: 3,044.9

I've been trying to find an Arcane Surge buff in PoB but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

My guess is that the game isn't showing the Watcher's Eye recovery rate increase.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/VYq93TSa
Last edited by DackBradshaw on Apr 16, 2018, 3:50:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info