[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
Shaddolf wrote:
Just realised you probably mean using impale on cyclone and then using dread banner, which I already do. I thought you meant using impale support on the actual dread banner skill to improve its impale.

e: just got home and leap slam costs 30 mana, less the -7 on my ring is still 23. With auras on I have 13 usable mana...how are you guys using all 4 auras and leaping, without enlighten? I can't even use AW at the moment

leap slam + faster attacks + end. charge on melee stun + blood magic
"
Whitedondi wrote:

Yes that would make it work but nobody else seems to be doing that, yet nobody else reporting issues? Also would have to do blood magic as well on ancestral protector
Last edited by Shaddolf on Jun 17, 2019, 3:27:23 AM
Posted a few pages ago but, can someone make a general recommendation on what to improve on gear next?
@Shaddolf

Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

3L only costs 12 mana, so if u use -7 mana rings, its around 5 mana cost

i have 13 unreserved mana and able to spam it too
Last edited by duabijitelur on Jun 17, 2019, 4:48:01 AM
"
duabijitelur wrote:
@Shaddolf

Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

3L only costs 12 mana, so if u use -7 mana rings, its around 5 mana cost

i have 13 unreserved mana and able to spam it too

Mine costs 30 as 3L in my hiltless, but yep 5 in my new doomsower..so where the hiltless says its supported by lvl1 blood magic, it actually has the extra mana multiplier as if a blood magic gem was in there as an extra slot? TIL!

Ancestral still cost 18 mana and I only have 13, but I guess that is only used on bosses where you throw the banner, releasing more mana to be used?
Last edited by Shaddolf on Jun 17, 2019, 5:02:26 AM
oh yeah if ur using it in hiltless it is supported by blood magic gem therefore ur mana cost is so high

for me i just use 3L ancestral warchief + conc effect + brutality/mpd so i have at least 1 use for my 13 mana, usually i just drop totem in boss fights, if you really wanna use a 4L, u can try Vaal version it doesnt cost any mana but require you to have souls before using it
Last edited by duabijitelur on Jun 17, 2019, 5:15:17 AM
My current gear, (I just bought Transcendent Flesh)

Spoiler

I'm having a lot of fun with this build as a returning player.

I'm now approaching tier 15s and Guardians/Shaper, and was wondering if a 6L was needed.

Should I just be saving for a 6L belly as my next upgrade? or are there other things I can work towards to for shaper/guardians.
"
Shaddolf wrote:
"
Whitedondi wrote:

Yes that would make it work but nobody else seems to be doing that, yet nobody else reporting issues? Also would have to do blood magic as well on ancestral protector

Like the others said; L1 Blood Magic is a 245% (or something around there) mana cost multiplier, in other words increases the cost dramatically, to account for the fact that it starts using health instead of mana. Without that link, it'll go back down to a much more manageable cost even with low mana.

That said, there's really little reason not to run it off Blood Magic if you can, and likewise there's not a whole lot of reason to run ECOMS. I know it's nice that Leap Slam always stuns full life enemies, but you're not investing in End Charges, and it's less time spent attacking. If you're investing in extra range at all, it's often better just to Cycloning as soon as you see something to kill it before it have a chance to attack you, rather than leaping into the middle of packs.

Ultimately it all depends on how many free links you have though; if you've room there's no real reason not to take it, but if you're that invested in Leap Slamming, you might as well just run Fortify on it and take a stronger offensive link in Cyclone. Personally, I'd rather just kill shit before it ever sees me.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 17, 2019, 6:47:18 AM
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Just realised you probably mean using impale on cyclone and then using dread banner, which I already do. I thought you meant using impale support on the actual dread banner skill to improve its impale.

e: just got home and leap slam costs 30 mana, less the -7 on my ring is still 23. With auras on I have 13 usable mana...how are you guys using all 4 auras and leaping, without enlighten? I can't even use AW at the moment

There's an enlighten gem there for a reason. Alternatively you can just replace a gem on the leap slam for blood magic, but then bloodrage and aw become a problem.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
MrDestructoid wrote:
My current gear, (I just bought Transcendent Flesh)

Spoiler

I'm having a lot of fun with this build as a returning player.

I'm now approaching tier 15s and Guardians/Shaper, and was wondering if a 6L was needed.

Should I just be saving for a 6L belly as my next upgrade? or are there other things I can work towards to for shaper/guardians.

You can do everything with a 5L, I did guardians with a 5L deathless and Shaper is probably even easier. The only thing that would be tougher is uber atziri/uber elder.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info