[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
Bawabus wrote:
I'm in the same boat with a lot people, got around 13-14ex and 500c. Dunno if I should pick up a kaoms or pump all my cash into a starforge and try to 6l it. Or maybe another route. thanks, for all the info, this has been the most fun I've had in any previous league.

Honestly I'd go for a Starforge if I had the cash. It's everything, aoe, a lot of damage and life actually. Can't miss imo. And if you kill shaper and get another Starforge in the meantime or afterwards just sell one back :)
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 16, 2019, 5:44:56 PM
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Huh, actually had a devotos drop. I think that is the first time ever I've had a specific unique drop that I was considering buying!

Updated gear:

So upgrade options I see for me now:

- Impresence (that will leave me needing to find 30cold resist somehow, as well as needing 2 extra slots for blasph+vuln to equip)

- Transcendent flesh (is it a big deal?)

- Just save up big for Starforge. Currently sitting on 3.5ex so a while to go..

Open to suggestions, much appreciated!

edit: Also is doomsower a lot better than hiltless? Should I grab one of those in the meantime?

Then again I currently rely on the blood magic on my hiltless to let me blood rage and leap slam, as with pride, dread banner, blood and sand, flesh and stone active I have literally 13 usable mana!

If you got 3.5 ex I'd recommend picking up transcendent flesh. And a solid doomsower. Yes doomsower is better because it has higher pdps and benefits from Overwhelm more (compared to hiltless). Transcendent flesh on the other hand is like a permanent basalt 13% phys reduction + 65% crit multi all in one. It's absolutely amazing for us.

Impresence is good but not that effective on bosses. Also an alternative for Impresence + blasph/vulner is an assassins mark on hit on a ring. This way you can use any other amulet that you see fit. But this will put even more stress on the rings. It's up to you here I can just tell you that assassins mark and vulnerability give the same amount of dps and they are much less effective on bosses (as are all curses).

Gl!
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 16, 2019, 5:53:52 PM
I'll be making the youtube video in the next couple of days so I hope that will be up in a few! Then everybody will be able to see how everything works firsthand. :D
Last edited by devon752 on Jun 16, 2019, 6:00:03 PM
"
devon752 wrote:

If you got 3.5 ex I'd recommend picking up transcendent flesh. And a solid doomsower. Yes doomsower is better because it has higher pdps and benefits from Overwhelm more (compared to hiltless). Transcendent flesh on the other hand is like a permanent basalt 13% phys reduction + 65% crit multi all in one. It's absolutely amazing for us.

Ok I will definitely pick up a transcendent today.

"
Shaddolf wrote:

Then again I currently rely on the blood magic on my hiltless to let me blood rage and leap slam, as with pride, dread banner, blood and sand, flesh and stone active I have literally 13 usable mana!

This point regarding the sword though. If I swap to doomsower I'd have to drop one of the auras. Would that make it not worthwhile?

I'm currently leveling an enlighten and about 2/3 the way to lvl2. Would having that at level 2 fix that issue? Might need to wait til then if so.

EDIT: totally forget I have the -mana cost on my ring now which also affects leap slam and bloodrage! So...do I even need enlighten then?
Last edited by Shaddolf on Jun 16, 2019, 7:49:30 PM
I have 5.6k hp and 300k cyclone Dmg. I have no problem with fights that doesnt have stages. VAW and cyclone easily kill all bosses less than 1 sec. But i have problem with bosses that have stages. And i think its about my HP. Other than Kaom's Hearth and few low hp items i dont have any things to do to raise my HP. What would you recommend for gem stup if i buy kaom's heart. Cuz its losing 6 gem sockets. I have to ditch all my VAW support gems and i dont wanna do it.

Here is my items:

I have transcendent flesh and a Timeless jewel that gives me 150 hp and melee critical strike/damage.
I couldnt resist to have more dps and i bought
this. Lost 200 hp but gained 50k dps. Now i can ditch my mana cost ring finally.

What should i do next other than changing my boots?
Last edited by Drvi34 on Jun 17, 2019, 12:27:59 AM
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Shaddolf wrote:
edit: Also is doomsower a lot better than hiltless? Should I grab one of those in the meantime?

If you got 3.5 ex I'd recommend picking up transcendent flesh. And a solid doomsower. Yes doomsower is better because it has higher pdps and benefits from Overwhelm more (compared to hiltless).

Just to offer a bit of opinion - Doomsower is slightly higher pdps, but only slightly (like 50 at most?), and there are a few advantages to Hiltless:

- Innate Blood Magic is a huge advantage before you can get your hands on Elreon or other -mana cost crafts, allowing you to run more auras (Pride, Flesh & Stone + Maim, Blood & Sand, Banner will leave you with just barely enough mana to use totem and/or guard), which combined is likely a bigger damage increase than Doomsower would be if it caused you to reserve less mana.

- Innate crit means you can pick up Overwhelm later (uber labs), which means stronger bonuses and better clear early.

- Slayer is immune to the only downside (100 reflected damage per attack).

If you're already past all of these points of consideration, sure take Doomsower, but as a starter weapon Hiltless is superior imo, and can still take you to T14 on a 4-link or Shaper on a 5-link easily.

As an aside, Transcendent Flesh is incredibly overpriced; I'd sink that currency into better rares/starforge/etc first - the build really doesn't lack for damage without it and can get the defensive value elsewhere for far cheaper.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 16, 2019, 11:29:23 PM
"
Drvi34 wrote:
I have 5.6k hp and 300k cyclone Dmg. I have no problem with fights that doesnt have stages. VAW and cyclone easily kill all bosses less than 1 sec. But i have problem with bosses that have stages. And i think its about my HP. Other than Kaom's Hearth and few low hp items i dont have any things to do to raise my HP. What would you recommend for gem stup if i buy kaom's heart. Cuz its losing 6 gem sockets. I have to ditch all my VAW support gems and i dont wanna do it.

Honestly, Warchief is unnecessary. Cyclone shits out damage now and there are still other burst buttons you can use, such as Dread Banner (which I see you're using but without Impale support, which is questionable) or Berserk (with Rage Support, which is super slept on), which don't interrupt your spin to win. It's nice to have, but I'd drop it for Kaoms if survivability is your main concern.

Really just depends on how you want to build. Killing things before they have a chance to hit you is a legitimate strategy!
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 16, 2019, 11:39:56 PM
Thanks for the reply Archi. I'll still pick up a doom when I get home as I don't take advantage of the hiltless bonuses anymore that you have stated.

"
Archimtiros wrote:
Dread Banner (which I see you're using but without Impale support, which is questionable)

Dread banner with impale? I haven't heard of that combo before, what would you swap out to make room for that?

Also regarding dread banner, do people ever really throw the banner or just use it as the aura? I keep forgetting throwing is even a thing.
Last edited by Shaddolf on Jun 16, 2019, 11:46:36 PM
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Thanks for the reply Archi. I'll still pick up a doom when I get home as I don't take advantage of the hiltless bonuses anymore that you have stated.

"
Archimtiros wrote:
Dread Banner (which I see you're using but without Impale support, which is questionable)

Dread banner with impale? I haven't heard of that combo before, what would you swap out to make room for that?

Also regarding dread banner, do people ever really throw the banner or just use it as the aura? I keep forgetting throwing is even a thing.

The trick is reaching 100% chance to Impale, so that all of your hits stack and benefit from it; it was pretty slept on at the start of the league, but people are starting to come around.

You'll need:
- Forceful Skewering cluster (3 points)
- Swift Skewering cluster (4 points, you can get there with 3 but you don't need the extra 10% chance to Impale and do want the extra Impale damage)
- Dread Banner (even if it's not down, though it's worth throwing for extra damage & fortify bonuses)
- Impale Support

It sounds like a lot of investment, but at 5 stacks of Impale (which is near instantaneous due to how fast Cyclone hits) it will more than double your damage. Drop Pulverize Support for it, and swap Pulverize / Melee Phys as needed for AoE / Damage respectively.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Jun 16, 2019, 11:55:47 PM
Just realised you probably mean using impale on cyclone and then using dread banner, which I already do. I thought you meant using impale support on the actual dread banner skill to improve its impale.

e: just got home and leap slam costs 30 mana, less the -7 on my ring is still 23. With auras on I have 13 usable mana...how are you guys using all 4 auras and leaping, without enlighten? I can't even use AW at the moment
Last edited by Shaddolf on Jun 17, 2019, 3:10:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info