[RIP] Toasters HC Occultist Support – 7 Auras + 6 Curses – Victario's Influence

Love this support build. Decided to go occultist instead of guardian support as league starter, and I don't regret it. My friend played a KB wander and it worked great. Till he ripped in an incursion. So the build is on hold now till he does a new wander.

Its a bit sad it's so hard to find random people to play with in temp hardcore leagues. Since I enjoy playing this build so much.
Last edited by inkube on Jun 17, 2018, 9:20:10 AM
"
inkube wrote:
Love this support build. Decided to go occultist instead of guardian support as league starter, and I don't regret it. My friend played a KB wander and it worked great. Till he ripped in an incursion. So the build is on hold now till he does a new wander.

Its a bit sad it's so hard to find random people to play with in temp hardcore leagues. Since I enjoy playing this build so much.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoy my build! :)

It's indeed difficult to find really good carries @HC. But sometimes youre lucky in global 820 or friendlist.

Hello there,

Before anything else, thanks for your post, giving some ideas and helping understanding some things.

I'm still struggling right now about which direction to go (which class/ascendancy, lurkin' around on the forum and Reddit) and how tweaking the build to get the most of it and suit the setup i'm gonna running.

The idea behind is there :

I'm gonna play support for a friend (mostly duo then).
He gonna play Duelist - Gladiator. Reave (physical) oriented MF, pure phys if I remember correctly on his gems setup, except Hatred and Herald of Ash on his "solo version").
Here's his PoB Pastbin : https://pastebin.com/iyFuXHCj

The restrictions are quite basic but (and i know), not optimized in term of "meta" :
1- Reave, nothing else. No WanderKB, WindeRipper or whatever "meta" is actually for duo MF ^^
He want to test and play that skill, period.
2- Not so much space for modification on his gear, due to the concept of the build, to reach out 81 IIQ and 244 IIR (on paper)

I'm having hard time to get the full picture of the duo and how to tweak your build (and maybe his?) to get the most out of it as he not gonna have much from Wrath and Anger if he's full Physical i suppose.
"
Ae_Evo wrote:

Hello there,

Before anything else, thanks for your post, giving some ideas and helping understanding some things.

I'm still struggling right now about which direction to go (which class/ascendancy, lurkin' around on the forum and Reddit) and how tweaking the build to get the most of it and suit the setup i'm gonna running.

The idea behind is there :

I'm gonna play support for a friend (mostly duo then).
He gonna play Duelist - Gladiator. Reave (physical) oriented MF, pure phys if I remember correctly on his gems setup, except Hatred and Herald of Ash on his "solo version").
Here's his PoB Pastbin : https://pastebin.com/iyFuXHCj

The restrictions are quite basic but (and i know), not optimized in term of "meta" :
1- Reave, nothing else. No WanderKB, WindeRipper or whatever "meta" is actually for duo MF ^^
He want to test and play that skill, period.
2- Not so much space for modification on his gear, due to the concept of the build, to reach out 81 IIQ and 244 IIR (on paper)

I'm having hard time to get the full picture of the duo and how to tweak your build (and maybe his?) to get the most out of it as he not gonna have much from Wrath and Anger if he's full Physical i suppose.

Well, I can you give you some tips:
Use Hatred and Wrath as offensive auras.
Use Elemental Weakness and Assassin's Mark (if he goes crit).
In general he should try to scale elemental damage, since you offer him tons of ele dmg (doesnt matter with which support).

Otherwise, I can't find any questions in your text.
If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them. :)
Love the build, Toaster!

By the way: Getting cheap high level Purities is incredibly easy now with the +2 Duration Gems Corruption.

Toaster, ive been following your guide but ive got some questions.

For incursion league what are the double corrupts you want on your chest / helm / shield?

Are there any good boot / glove / ring / necklace double corrupts?

Now for specific questions to my setup.

Im running with a life RF jugg.

Do i want to use impresence with flammability?
How about elementak weakness?

Do i remove anger and avatar of fire so i dont mess up elemental equilibrium for him? If so... what do i replace them with?

Should i be running despair as a curse as well?

This is the second support ive done (gaurdian last league now occultist)

Still on the brink of my prism gaurdian (couple more levels).

Literally just me and the jugg duo.

Also thinking about using arc with added cold damage to trigger my EE debuff for him as well as having my auras to allow him to trigger his to maintain.

Sorry for the specific questions. My situation is a little different then the standard outlined one in the build.
"
Kazanian wrote:
Love the build, Toaster!

By the way: Getting cheap high level Purities is incredibly easy now with the +2 Duration Gems Corruption.

That's a very cool and easy way to get the Purities on lvl 23 indeed. Thanks! :)

"
Tatekei wrote:
Toaster, ive been following your guide but ive got some questions.

1. For incursion league what are the double corrupts you want on your chest / helm / shield?

2. Are there any good boot / glove / ring / necklace double corrupts?

Now for specific questions to my setup.

Im running with a life RF jugg.

3. Do i want to use impresence with flammability?
4. How about elementak weakness?

5. Do i remove anger and avatar of fire so i dont mess up elemental equilibrium for him? If so... what do i replace them with?

6. Should i be running despair as a curse as well?

This is the second support ive done (gaurdian last league now occultist)

Still on the brink of my prism gaurdian (couple more levels).

Literally just me and the jugg duo.

7. Also thinking about using arc with added cold damage to trigger my EE debuff for him as well as having my auras to allow him to trigger his to maintain.

Sorry for the specific questions. My situation is a little different then the standard outlined one in the build.

1. Chest Corruptions: +1 to Socketed Gems (BiS), +2 to Socketed Duration - AOE - Aura - Curse Gems, +1 to Max Res, Reduced Damage taken
Helm Corruptions: Life Regeneration or + levels to gems
Shield Corruptions: Physical Damage taken as, Block Chance, + to Gem levels etc.

2. There is almost no bad corruption. If you get a specific one feel free to ask, but it takes too much time to list all good double corruptions.

3. You should use an Impresence with Flammability, yes.

4. Elemental Weakness is very good as well.

5. You don't use EE at all, bc he can use it without any problems, and the added fire damage on Impresence would fk up EE.

6. Despair is a good curse if you go for 5 curses.

7. As I already wrote I wouldnt go for EE bc of impresence. Every RF char should be able to use EE without any troubles.
Damn this build is so chill to play thanks for that man I hope it will be updated every league :D
playing with my mate it's rly fun ty ty
"
Awà wrote:
Damn this build is so chill to play thanks for that man I hope it will be updated every league :D
playing with my mate it's rly fun ty ty

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm happy that you enjoy the build. I can confirm, that it's the most chilled support I have ever played. :)
What head/gloves/boots enchants are best for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info