Skill Revamps - Part 2

"
Coil1 wrote:
"
raisin2u wrote:
Waiting to use these already.

Sadly, folks want to go fast and blow up three screens. There will be no pleasing those guys.

You realize lightning trap has extremely good clear, right? But I guess you just wanted an excuse to whine about people richer than you.

Uh yea, played that many leagues ago and had fun. I've tried a build for just about every skill over the years.

Also you guessed wrong, I like playing SSF and have never cared about people "richer" than me in an online videogame. I am just one of the rare people that want the game to slow back down.
"
Randomeer wrote:
While you are at it, can you *please* allow traps to trigger on Raging Spirits and Animated Weapons? This limitation seems completely arbitrary as they trigger on any other flying enemy.

IT would be nice :)
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
sounds cool, but please include ice trap into these changes
That style of updating is actually really good, thanks GGG :).

Also, never touched traps before, but i suppose these changes will make it an option for me when the next league arrives.
nice :D !
but, you can also look on Tinkerskin and make that life on trap triggered work with Chain Reaction
that will be nice :D
Removing cooldowns will always be there, tho, don't look past the on-hit/kill mechanics traps can't trigger - as this became a core part of Path of building
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
Trap love!!!

Rejoice!
Are there any ideas for melee traps? At the moment you can only use Spells (except channeling spells) and bow/wand attacks for traps. But there is nothing for melee attacks.
For comparison Totems offer the ancestral Warchief/Protector for mellee, the ranged attack totem support for any bow/wand stuff und for the rest spell totem or directly any totem skill.
It does not have to be a melee trap support gem that would allow you to trigger e.g. molten strike on trigger. More likely a trap that have a specific function, like "use a spectral copie of your weapon to strike an enemy on triggering the trap" like the essence of contempt mob version of ancestral warchief.
played a trap build years ago next league I will be playing my second!
I think that trasp are rather controversial area to look at as no matter how strong they get they will always be clunky to use and very slow compared to any direct AOE skill that currently dominates the meta. I really wonder what is trap's place in PoE skill hierarchy and whether it would not be best to remove it rather than trying to keep it alive by shooting adrenaline to its veins every few months/years.

It is still great to see GGG going back and revamping unused skills. I hope it will be a shake-up of similar proportions to Ascendancy revamp, if not bigger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info