[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
rel4us wrote:
I don't think I have ever done Chayula run that fast and EZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_dlXljrpw&feature=youtu.be

Video is uploading, will be up in a few min

How expensive is the Indigon version? I'm sitting on 17 exalts right now, wondering if I can afford the Indigon variant.
Most enjoyable build I've played since Dried lake farming was still a thing and I had an avatar of fire lightning warper with vaal righteous fire boss oneshotter! Ty for posting!

Was also able to first time ever solo the Hall of the Grandmasters with this, down to last portal but I did it!
Wow, that formatted poorly...how do I use those fancy + and - symbols?

So, I made cold/lightning version of this build. I think it's a bit unrefined and could use some feedback, but the overall gains vs the lightning version I think make it worth consideration.

https://pastebin.com/cHjc7E2Q

Pros:
Everything is chilled and blinded. Everything but bosses is frozen. This usually isn't a problem but I've seen some of you comment on how the defenses of the lightning-only build is a bit weak. This should help. A great example is LW into a pack of meaty incursion mobs and your first 1-2 casts of arc doesn't kill any of them. Dangerous map mods? You're at risk of being beat down. Not so if they're all frozen.
Higher stun threshold since this is purely life based.
Higher dps. I went non-crit, which I think works better with PP builds due to limited number of supports. I got ~20% higher dps, but I'm willing to admit user error here.
No need to balance APS threshold of Frenzy and Barrage. Frenzy is only used on bosses to maintain charges.
No need to maintain power charges.
Clears screens even better. I borrowed this idea from the popular blade vortex builds. Inpulsa can't chain itself. But if you convert some lightning damage to cold, Inpulsa can chain HoI, HoI can chain HoI, HoI can chain Inpulsa. Basically, the status affects that cause Inpulsa and HoI explosions can easily propagate themselves. Those multiple death explosions that can make your computer pause for 1-3 seconds? Those are _quite_ common with this build. With a high enough pack density, it's easy to clear 2-3 screens of mobs at a time.
HoI MTX and delicious shatters.

Cons:
Lower EHP. It's at ~6.4K HP at level 95. Strictly a con but still a great life total and when considering stun threshold, I think X amount of life must be rated higher than X EHP.

There's some flexibility with some of the links. And I'm still figuring out what's the best 4L and ring swap to make when transitioning to a single target fight.

I would appreciate some feedback. I think adding some cold damage is the next step in improving the lightning-only build. It doesn't have to be via CoTB, but I think taking advantage of Elementalist guaranteed chill(and thus blind via Pandemonius) will bolster this build greatly during boss fights.

The only puzzle I can't really figure out is how to shoe-horn in an on-demand movement skill for boss fights. Flame Dash doesn't count. Neither does weapon-swapping back to LW. Both are too clunky for the situations that would demand them.
Last edited by Deathwing6 on Jun 27, 2018, 12:18:18 PM
I would be interested in an Elementalist Indigon version. Has anyone tried it? I will never play Giraffe neck again...
Hi, why do I need 2 more poet's in my "X" when I can just use my Single Target gems from Body Armour?
"
Azyl21 wrote:
Hi, why do I need 2 more poet's in my "X" when I can just use my Single Target gems from Body Armour?

Your single-target damage doesn't come from Barrage or Frenzy, they're just tools to sustain health/frenzy charges while you activate the spells sitting in your Poet's Pens. I recommend reading into how the build works in the mechanics section in the OP and how Poet's Pen works in general.
What is the best Helmet enchants for this build?
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Hey Deathwing, interesting take with the cold, it's true that some chill + blind could help a lot. I'll definitely try it your way once I have some basic gear setup.

I have the same feeling than you about movement skills. Flame Dash kind of sucks. But with 2 wands equiped, I don't see what we can do.
"
rel4us wrote:

30 exalts, nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info