Getting a Bestiary refund is possible.

Why does everyone hate on this league? I'm enjoying it so far. Playing a Spectral Shield Throw Gladiator and am just making it into level 7 maps. (I don't move up to the next tier until I finish all the lower ones, that's why it's so slow.) I'm enjoying the crafting because it gives me a second way to attain a lot of the gear that I am looking for. Or heck, it gives me a chance to basically re-roll any unique I find and don't like. Always full of prophecies due to beast crafting as well, plus I had plenty of leveling items to get me through this new character. The only thing that annoys me is that I don't have access to the stash close to the blood altar.
You don't like Bestiary only because you haven't played it for at least 1000 hours :P

But a more serious answer: don't buy packs in advance, maybe? It's a free game, you can completely taste it before dishing out money. Look at supporter packs as a reward - if you like the league, you pay for it backward.

It's only when you buy a thing in advance, not knowing how it looks like, when you'll feel "cheated".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I'm sure they will fix about the profit.
I cannot see how having one undesirable league has 'completely ruined' PoE for you, over reaction is an understatement to say the least. You do realise there is a standard option that you can play without the Pokemon mechanic?

While I cannot comment on the Bestiary league itself having not played it, given the amount of negative comments I have seen all over the place it's obvious there is some issues with it.

Regardless of this i think in this case you need to cut GGG some slack, what they have created is nothing short of a masterpiece in the modern arpg genre with one of the best f2p models out there. I am sure in given the amount of content the game has there is going to be parts that some people don't like, we need to look at the big picture here people.
Last edited by __Shady__ on Mar 22, 2018, 4:45:56 AM
"
Grauthrim wrote:
Being told to skip content is probably the poorest exuse I've heard so far. Stop playing the game you love until they make it better, yes, that's usually how it works in the games industry. Unfortunately we live in reality, a reality where yes, if you make mistakes as a developer, you pay for it. Dearly.

GGG hasn't just made a mistake, they've displayed a clear lack of credibility and inability to fix essential problems and even listen to players about QOL improvements. People have been asking for league after league after league for even basic features to be fixed, to be made easier to access. None of this gets added.

GGG is basically the same 90 man team its always been. The cost of the game isnt getting higher, its the cost of developers pockets.

You are being pretty irresponsible here. It's not a novel idea to not support what you don't enjoy, it's common sense. I doubt GGG can give unlimited refunds, the way you spend your money is on your shoulders.
I'm amused at how much indignation Bestiary is causing in the playerbase. Everyone knows this league was developed during a time when some staff members probably had vacation, and everyone is aware of the slow mechanic the league introduces.

It has problems. It wasn't ironed out. It feels different from anything GGG has done before. Yes, we understand. Should we voice our concerns of the quality of Bestiary? Yes! Should we punish GGG for trying things that are different? No. Discouraging them from innovation does not improve Path of Exile.

By all means, if you feel the quality of a product is not worth your money, then don't pay for it. And if you've already purchased a Supporter pack for this league, then ask for a full refund. That's a great way to voice concerns.

Quitting over these concerns, however, because the league isn't a loot explosion mechanic like Breach is hilarious. Especially when these quitting players claim to be from Path of Exile's genesis.

Those players are bitching about Bestiary, having played Onslaught league?

Please.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Mar 22, 2018, 5:11:05 AM
Why would you buy a pack before testing?

You're doing it wrong man. Whole reason F2P is best model is they can be responsive to our feedback - and by that I mean cash - if you give them cash for a faulty product they will never get message it is faulty product.

Buy these pack after you're happy not before.
Git R Dun!
"
Grauthrim wrote:
support@grindinggear.com

Sent an e-mail to support yesterday, refund is being dealt with. Have to say, this league has ruined Path of Exile for me. I've supported this game since its birth. I was even given a key directly off Chris Wilson during the initial closed beta. This game has been life blood for me as a player for many years.

The account posting started in February 2016. Abyss and Harby supporter forum titles...

I would find it odd that someone would have a secondary account with supporter packs purchased, so it's unlikely being used just to post on the forums.

It is possible the main account was lost or banned - based on the rhetoric one is more likely than the other if that is the case.

I wasn't a fan of abyss - and that's when I started playing. I didn't hate it, but I was not fond of it in the least. Beastiary is also something I'm not fond of, but I don't feel like leveling a character again or sorting my leftovers from abyss in standard.

Aside from rares being potentially more dangerous than normal, the gameplay is essentially the same as standard as one can completely ignore all the beastiary mechanics.

So the reality is far more likely you've finally gotten bored doing the same thing over and over again and are blaming beastiary instead of recognizing that the game revolves around doing the same thing over and over practically mindlessly.

Yep, totally over league play.
"
Icholas wrote:
I feel like people are going way off the deep end with this anti Bestiary carry on. Just think of it as Nemesis v.2 and ignore the whole bestiary capture/craft mechanic if it's really a big deal for you.

Part of it is probably frustration since we just had another very underwhelming league (Garbinger) and then a league that was basically just multiple RNG checks (find a crack and pray for the 5% chance it's a depths, then pray for the 5% chance it's a lich, then pray the lich doesn't drop tombfists). I really liked the new jewels but that was the only part of the league I liked. After the second lich (after 2000 cracks or so) dropped another tombfists I simply lost interest in grinding through another few hundred cracks until I found another lich.

If there were a button to revert the game to Breach or even Legacy I would hit that button immediately and never regret it.
Last edited by Ixoziel on Mar 22, 2018, 5:56:50 AM
"
Grauthrim wrote:
support@grindinggear.com

Sent an e-mail to support yesterday, refund is being dealt with. Have to say, this league has ruined Path of Exile for me. I've supported this game since its birth. I was even given a key directly off Chris Wilson during the initial closed beta. This game has been life blood for me as a player for many years. I've seen it change as I left home to travel Europe too. My heart and soul are completely immersed and in wonder at how beautiful and amazing this game is. I love everything about it. Until Bestiary.

Bestiary has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. I've felt ignored as a player before, Labyrinth is an example of that but this.... I'm asking myself whether GGG plays there product anymore, it doesn't feel like it.

I didn't want Pokemon. I would have bought a nintendo for that. I wanted the end of the War of the Atlas. Something concrete that made sense to the game and the story. Bestiary doesn't, its the most out of place and uneeded content ever added to the game. It does nothing. At all. Even with patches and changes, they come far too late. Most of my friends have already stopped playing. Guild activity died within the first week in a VERY active guild. People are already playing other games.

How ANY of the Uber Elder stuff fits with Bestiary is beyond me. It feels like you just took the story of Diablo 2 and rammed it through a Safari park play dough set. It doesnt make any sense, way, shape or form.

If you chose to support Bestiary and you're now having second thoughts about it, I'm letting you know you can get your money back, before its too late. I refuse to support rushed and half baked development that is both out of touch with the game and more than out of touch with the player.

What upsets me the most is you've continued to dole out MTX after MTX after MTX... you even made a Reddit post about it Chris... basically apologising to people for it, KNOWING you messed up the league. I come on PoE a day later and MORE MTX has been announced!!! CMON MAN!!! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!? FIX THE LEAGUE.

HOW TO FIX BESTIARY LEAGUE.

1) DELETE ENTIRE LEAGUE
2) ADD BREACH
3) PROFIT

seriously u buy the supporter n u regret it... i tink it shld be ur mistake...

giving u back refund... is prob not gud idea...

if can refund... its gonna open floodgates for the whole world to claim refunds...

then.. tis is really bad...

juz imagine... u luv star wars franchise...

so u went cinema to watch the new movie...

then u feel the movie no gud... then u ask for refund...

doesn't make sense to me...
34pre98qua

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info