Getting a Bestiary refund is possible.

kind of a scummy thing to do if you ask me
I dont see any any key!
Jesus some of you guys are just so entitled. Stop playing 18 hours a day and chill out. POE isn't over, life isn't over. Hell, in 2 months you will probably love this game once again in the next league. Chill out people. Its a free game, yada yada (insert poe fanboi rant that you have heard a million times before here).
"
k1rage wrote:
kind of a scummy thing to do if you ask me

Bingo!

"
Dkm23 wrote:

Jesus some of you guys are just so entitled. Stop playing 18 hours a day and chill out. POE isn't over, life isn't over. Hell, in 2 months you will probably love this game once again in the next league. Chill out people. Its a free game, yada yada (insert poe fanboi rant that you have heard a million times before here).

Yeah, but then we wouldn't have the endless drama, right? I'm of the opinion that most of them don't work, have any kind of life in general so this is it for them. Nobody would go on and on about a league mechanic in a freaking free game that long if they had other stuff to do and worry about.
Censored.
There is usually a two weeks grace period even for digital goods.
Should be fine in the most cases.

Bestiary in a Nutshell:
--Buffed Nemesis encounters with minimap markers.
--New recipes mechanics with a new UI and some fancy background assets (Menagerie).
But looking at the whole mechanics it's just Essence crafting V2 BUT with a bigger randomness factor for explicit mods. So a worse version IMO. Some would call this a gargabe generator.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I try and steer clear of the league supporter packs and stick to the big expansion ones. Leagues come and go but it is the direction of the game that dictates my support.
why would the art department stop making MTX because of the game design team. That doesn't make any sense. That's like shutting down the military because Trump declared some stupid tariffs on China

grow up
OP Joined 2016 what?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
This may come as a shock, but I felt the same way about the Breach league as most people feel about the Bestiary league. Neither one is proof that the game has gone south or is doomed.

The Bestiary league will eventually end in a few months and GGG will either add it in or leave it out. It can be ignored just like other parts of the game can be ignored. I like the idea of adding more crafting recipes to the game a lot, however the mechanism of capturing the beasts does seem cumbersome.

There will be more new leagues and more mechanisms added to the game. If you've enjoyed most of GGG's leagues, you will probably like their next versions. Expecting GGG to hit home runs every time is unrealistic.

Give GGG some credit for trying to bring something innovative to Path of Exile. The underlying idea of doing something different to obtain specific crafting with lots of different recipes is a solid winner.

The problems are in the details, not the overall idea.

Considering that the Bestiary league was already done when the Bestiary support packs were released, your purchase of one goes to supporting the next leagues GGG is creating.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I hate this league. It was one of the worst I've played by far, and I actually have played since closed beta, unlike you OP. I wouldn't get a refund just because the league is bad. There is a lot of dumb things GGG does and I dont agree with, and I think overall they are kinda scummy and were the people scamming others in D2, but I enjoy the game and can look over a bad league here and there.

I quit Beastiary right after I bought more stash pages this last sale, ironically, cause of how crappy the league is. I'm playing D3 of all games atm. But I wouldn't go so far as to get my money back because this league sucked. Those stash pages are going to come in handy when we get another Breach/Legacy and I'm having fun again.

Supporter packs seem like something people buy to promote their support of the company. Forum titles and whatnot. MTX. If you are someone who is buying those, and for that long, I have a hard time believing this league put you over the edge. Beastiary might be a really bad league, but its definitely not the worst by far. There has been far worse leagues, and if you have actually played off and on since CB, you would know that. Its a bad league for sure, exacerbated by people who have played a long time; like WoW expansions. A bad league now, this long into the life cycle, is going to feel even worse than it actually is. Its bad no doubt, but whining about refunds over a supporter pack from a "long time player" is a bit much.

"
Grauthrim wrote:

GGG hasn't just made a mistake, they've displayed a clear lack of credibility and inability to fix essential problems and even listen to players about QOL improvements. People have been asking for league after league after league for even basic features to be fixed, to be made easier to access. None of this gets added.

Just chiming in to say this claim is false. I came back after a year or two absence and there were a huge number of QoL changes that had been made. You just don't notice them since they are incremental. Masters teleport to you on quest completion, hideout stash is sorted and transfers between leagues, mtx stash no longer sucks, cosmetics tab added, auras remain on relog, spectres remain, spectres added to corpses for desecrate, volatile blood and bearer ground effect way more visible, the list goes on and on.

Sure there are things that haven't changed yet too (attack in place, auras in their own hotkey bar, trade search & skill-tree planner in game etc...), but your claim is still pretty false.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 22, 2018, 9:41:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info