Getting a Bestiary refund is possible.

support@grindinggear.com

Sent an e-mail to support yesterday, refund is being dealt with. Have to say, this league has ruined Path of Exile for me. I've supported this game since its birth. I was even given a key directly off Chris Wilson during the initial closed beta. This game has been life blood for me as a player for many years. I've seen it change as I left home to travel Europe too. My heart and soul are completely immersed and in wonder at how beautiful and amazing this game is. I love everything about it. Until Bestiary.

Bestiary has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. I've felt ignored as a player before, Labyrinth is an example of that but this.... I'm asking myself whether GGG plays there product anymore, it doesn't feel like it.

I didn't want Pokemon. I would have bought a nintendo for that. I wanted the end of the War of the Atlas. Something concrete that made sense to the game and the story. Bestiary doesn't, its the most out of place and uneeded content ever added to the game. It does nothing. At all. Even with patches and changes, they come far too late. Most of my friends have already stopped playing. Guild activity died within the first week in a VERY active guild. People are already playing other games.

How ANY of the Uber Elder stuff fits with Bestiary is beyond me. It feels like you just took the story of Diablo 2 and rammed it through a Safari park play dough set. It doesnt make any sense, way, shape or form.

If you chose to support Bestiary and you're now having second thoughts about it, I'm letting you know you can get your money back, before its too late. I refuse to support rushed and half baked development that is both out of touch with the game and more than out of touch with the player.

What upsets me the most is you've continued to dole out MTX after MTX after MTX... you even made a Reddit post about it Chris... basically apologising to people for it, KNOWING you messed up the league. I come on PoE a day later and MORE MTX has been announced!!! CMON MAN!!! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!? FIX THE LEAGUE.

HOW TO FIX BESTIARY LEAGUE.

1) DELETE ENTIRE LEAGUE
2) ADD BREACH
3) PROFIT
Last edited by Grauthrim on Mar 22, 2018, 2:51:44 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2018, 10:30:45 PM
I ain't going to ask a refund I will talk mad shit to it though along with anyone else that likes getting dick garbage items and going WOW PRESSING V is a NEW INTERESTING MECHANIC.

And personally I'm ma meet the person who designed this league and probably eat his/her arm.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Not sure what you're getting a refund for but actually when I launched PoE after 3.2.0 patch it just updated and ran? I didn't have to pay anything for it?
I dont like Bestiary neither but since you supported this game since birht, you did like some leagues right?? looks like you got your money's worth and now you dont like 1 league?! and you want a full refund? you do this 2 in RL? like when you buy a car and you dont use the ashtray, you go back for a total refund?

I am a bit afraid of the out come for your refund.....for you....
I support leagues I enjoy. It's that simple. I won't support content that is both out of touch with the player and the game. I've enjoyed plenty of leagues in the past. To which I most of the time either buy boxes or points or packs equal to that of the value of a fully priced game, depending on circumstance can be anywhere from £25-60.

YES Path of Exile is free. This thread clearly doesn't try to aim itself at people who play sheerly for free. I also don't think any of the MTX content is aimed at people who play the game for free. Games being free give the game a MASSIVE advantage in that you have the ENTIRE pool of globally available players to market too. GGG is not putting itself at any disadvantage by making a game that is free.

I'm aiming this at people who have the pocket to and chose to support this league. Its possible to get your money back. I support content that warrants support. Bestiary is a joke and an insult to frankly thousands of peoples intelligence. If you think any of Bestiary is worth $30-60 you're out of your mind.
Last edited by Grauthrim on Mar 22, 2018, 3:19:49 AM
I feel like people are going way off the deep end with this anti Bestiary carry on. Just think of it as Nemesis v.2 and ignore the whole bestiary capture/craft mechanic if it's really a big deal for you.
We tested it extensively
"
Icholas wrote:
I feel like people are going way off the deep end with this anti Bestiary carry on. Just think of it as Nemesis v.2 and ignore the whole bestiary capture/craft mechanic if it's really a big deal for you.

They absolutely are. Has it been poorly implemented? Yes. Does it have a lot of problems? Yes. Does it add much to the game? No. Asking for a refund due to dissatisfaction is fair but to say that it’s ruined path of exile for you is completely rediculous. Worst case scenario with this league is you just don’t interact with the new mechanic or maybe just skip the league.
Being told to skip content is probably the poorest exuse I've heard so far. Stop playing the game you love until they make it better, yes, that's usually how it works in the games industry. Unfortunately we live in reality, a reality where yes, if you make mistakes as a developer, you pay for it. Dearly.

GGG hasn't just made a mistake, they've displayed a clear lack of credibility and inability to fix essential problems and even listen to players about QOL improvements. People have been asking for league after league after league for even basic features to be fixed, to be made easier to access. None of this gets added.

GGG is basically the same 90 man team its always been. The cost of the game isnt getting higher, its the cost of developers pockets.
I really doubt you're getting a refund for anything.
They always handle complaints the "your issue is being dealth with"- way

I don't like this. I don't like that. My life is ruined.
All that just because of a new league that hasn't even ran 3 weeks.

Sometimes I wonder how these people, who feel like announcing they quit in the most dramatic way possible, see themselves. Do they look in the mirror and see some special type of species or something?
Bestiary doesn't fit well in PoE, it just looks out of place.

I still decided to give it a chance, but its not easy to enjoy something that you feel shouldn't be in the game.

It is even harder when it is so badly implemented: Bestiary release was buggy (worst release in the last bunch of leagues), mechanics are clunky, nets feel redundant and uninteresting items... it just turned out bad.

I'm still playing, but not because of Bestiary, I would be playing even if it was just standard with fresh start.

I wouldn't overreact though, a bad League can happen, mystakes can happen.
I'm sure they will recover.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info