Getting a Bestiary refund is possible.

Im confused as to the hate for the bestiary league. From a new character perspective, the bestiary mechanics allow you a ton of extra ways to gear up your character. I've crafted so much stuff from it that I would never have gotten otherwise. It's been a massive help in getting gear. Crafting a deent rare via bestiary and then adding a master mod ontop can sometimes net you a nice rare for practically nothing, with far less RNG than trying to grind drops.

The extra rare/legendary mob spawns are also a huge plus. Not only are legendaries challenging, but they tend to drop good loot. Even the bestiary rare mobs marked with the yellow skull icon seem to drop much better loot than regular rare monsters.

I usually see at least 2 extra bestiary rare mobs per map, and occasionally, a legendary. Thats way more loot than without bestiary.

If you dont want to capture them, fine, just kill them for the extra loot and move on. But I think discovering new recipes and being able to craft something new adds a huge aspect to the game, and unlike traditional crafting, all you need to do is go out and kill stuff like normal.

I hope the bestiary aspect of the game is completely scrapped, and doesn't continue in future leagues. There is nothing here that needs to be included into the main game.

The beasties are only useful for loot-explosions when you kill them. Some other, better, lootsplosion mob mechanic could replace it next league.

I would give up beasties for more breaches and abyss spawns in a second. Or even cadiro. No beasts, more breaches. I'll take it.

Approaching 150hrs in this league, caught as many yellow/red/unique beasts as I could and have yet to craft 1, single, useful item. I'm talking something that's worth more than 1 chaos orb. Crafted 40 something uniques, the price on poe trade ranged from chromatic orb to 1 chaos orb. Only 5 out of the 40 were worth 1c. All high level beasts used. I could have just farmed maps in the same amount of time and made more currency than screwing around with this completely useless mechanic.

I cleared a breach easier and got 3 chaos orbs, fusing, alchemy, scour drop. And a couple of maps. We're talking about more currency from just 1 breach that I got from ALL previous beast crafts. And for a minuscule fraction of the time invested. And it was extra exp added to the map. Far more useful than beasts. It's too bad I don't see them more often.

Beastiary in no way compliments the end game grind. Breaches at least add something useful.

Whatever the new league is needs to add some new mechanics that enrich the end game somewhat. Not just for 1% of players, but for everybody.

The problem I got with "just don't capture beasts if you don't like it" is when GGG adds a new league mechanic, the odds of running into older, better league mechanics like breaches and abyss get lowered to compensate for something shittier. So I'm gonna criticize a bad league when the league is bad. It's that simple.

I think GGG is running out of ideas at this point, and I don't think people would mind if they started doing throwback leagues rather than new leagues with really bad ideas. I'd rather see old ideas that are good, repeated, than new ideas that are bad.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Mar 27, 2018, 10:19:57 PM
So douchey to ask for refund. I have ZERO regrets about support packs I buy. You know why? Because I make sure I happy with product before purchase. Actually I have zero regrets about anything because I plan and make best decision with info at the time, unlike OP. Whole idea here is try before buy. You failed F2P 101.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 27, 2018, 10:32:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info