A realistic view of Bestiary

Tl;dr version = the league has some obvious issues, but the excessive whining is mostly not justified and coming from scrubs.

The long version:

The POSITIVES about bestiary imo:
*all the stuff that came with 3.2 itself, so the ascendancy rework, sextant/bisco changes, uber elder etc
*interesting new league, which i think sounds better on paper than in the game, but with changes (that have been made and are being/will be made, has potential to be alright
*decent, though not the best mtx rewards from the league
*abyss in the core game now
*bestiary rares and legendaries being pretty common from my experience (unlike some whiners'), i seem to get 1-2 rares, sometimes even 3 in every map or every other map. Also seem to get a legendary every few maps, sometimes in every map. Once i got 3 rares + 1 legendary in a single map so i have no idea what ppl are on about when they say that they ain't common enough... like do you run 1 map per hour or something?
*spirit beasts would have probably been in the negative, but that got buffed... so should be fine now - ppl need to take into account that these drop in specific tiers of maps onwards and we just had the league start, so i dunno why they thought the end-league stuff had to have been done by everyone during week 2 of the league... like this is when you GET TO endgame, not when you're already there...

The NEGATIVES about bestiary imo:
*lots of micromanaging and going through recipes/the book/menagerie to use bestiary orbs etc which becomes annoying
*necromancy nets being a too rare drop imo, although you can do the vendor recipe of 3 t10 nets into 1 necromancy, but those ain't so common either, that you'd wanna vendor recipe them much
*encroaching darkness div card seems to not drop much at all, which is a pity... specially i can imagine for SSF players
*capturing is counter intuitive to normal PoE play, because you have to stop and try to net 1 mob, while it spawns tens of relatively tough champion mobs to kill you... that ends in death at times.
*beasttrading and all the categories/mods involved etc can be confusing to ppl that haven't put in the time to self-research and make sure they understand it (that's on them though), but it's still needlessly annoying
*bugs

A list regarding what i think of the various QQs:

1.Map sustain - dunno i have 0 issues with it, i was doing unmodded t11 maps just yesterday and several of them dropped 3 other red maps... if you're running alched maps you should be totally fine as per usual, not to even mention if you use zana+sextants+chisels+sac fragment+vaaling or any of those. I've NEVER had trouble sustaining maps and i usually thrive, not just sustain.
What people seem to forget is that some of the previous leagues were loot pinjatas and now that we're back to a more realistic gameplay, they are in awe, cos they got pampered/spoiled by the previous leagues. I mean players from back in the day will know that you used to be quite excited when you dropped any red map... yet now ppl are so spoiled that they actually expect to sustain like t15s lmao. Lower your expectations...
2.Alchemy orbs - once again, i seem to be fine... also if you lack them, then just trade some other currency for them, like...
3.Legendary and rare beasts - as i said above, i usually encounter 1-2 rare bestiary beasts per map and about 1 legendary in every other map, or once in 3 maps... sometimes even once per every map. If anything they're too common imo. I've encountered 3 rares + 1 red in a single map. Are these ppl running 1 map for 30 minutes or something?
Ppl with a fast clearspeed build can run 1 map per minute lol, even faster actually.
4.Also quite funny how some drama queens conjure up arbitrary numbers and magical statistics in order to make their point look more valid... a'la "99% of the POE playerbase is in standard and doesn't like the league"... lol oh really? xD
5.Also quite funny how ppl say that they feel like the first month of every league is a beta test... i mean GGG monitors things and makes changes accordingly. Isn't that a GOOD thing? I mean they release something new and check statistics and feedbacck and change stuff on the go... do you want them to just release leagues and never make any changes during the 3 months? It's to be expected with new content... you should know that. Just cause things get updated/changed during the league (a good thing), doesn't mean that the first version was some crappy beta version or something, stuff just got changed based on the feedback... what's wrong with that lol?
6.Also ppl with 0 challenges, who have clearly not had any personal experience at all and base their uninformed opinions, on hearsay from others (which is very often overexaggerated and misleading + subjective) should really just not comment on things. Stop parroting.
7.Most people don't check forums or reddit and just play the game, it's usually just some tens of whiners on some thread and people usually don't praise GGG when all is fine, so the only feedback you'll see usually is he negative one where ppl are whining, when they think something is not right. It's like 100 000 players playing the game and having fun (how much fun, who can say cos the league ain't exactly the best like breach) and then 50 ppl on some forum thread whining, making it look like EVERYONE is whining, just cos they're the only actual ones that bother to write in the forums/reddit.
8.The most hilarious thing of all is some ppl threatening to not buy supporter packs, unless the game is changed to what they specifically want. You need to adapt to the game not vice versa. Are you gonna go to a football game and demand that the half time is 5 mins instead of 45, because you ain't got time too lol?

Calm your tits ppl and chill :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 19, 2018, 8:47:08 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2018, 4:01:43 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:

*capturing is counter intuitive to normal PoE play, because you have to stop and try to net 1 mob, while it spawns tens of relatively tough champion mobs to kill you... that ends in death at times.

This is a big complaint for me... I've died too many times while trying to track a legendary so I can hit it with a net. Alternately, I've had way too many rare beasts die to my summons before I can lock onto them with a net - I've gotten used to seeing a lot of green beast icons on my minimap...

I figure netting could be much more user friendly if it had an auto-target option with the following priorities:
1. target a legendary beast (red icon) within range
2. target a rare beast (yellow icon) within range
3. target a "new" beast within range
4. target the highest tier "regular" beast within range (unique/rare/magic/white)

That way I could just concentrate on fighting and fire off a net without trying to track down one individual mob in a crowd.
Get nets out of our inventory.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Get nets out of our inventory.

Sop spamming your pointless sentence that isn't probably gonna happen anyway. It stacks in 100 and takes 1 slot lmao... like
"
Lokiator wrote:
"
Paldamus wrote:

This is a big complaint for me... I've died too many times while trying to track a legendary so I can hit it with a net. Alternately, I've had way too many rare beasts die to my summons before I can lock onto them with a net - I've gotten used to seeing a lot of green beast icons on my minimap...

I figure netting could be much more user friendly if it had an auto-target option with the following priorities:
1. target a legendary beast (red icon) within range
2. target a rare beast (yellow icon) within range
3. target a "new" beast within range
4. target the highest tier "regular" beast within range (unique/rare/magic/white)

That way I could just concentrate on fighting and fire off a net without trying to track down one individual mob in a crowd.

They already changed that, so the netting always picks the rarest mob intelligently. It pays to read the news posts and keep up with the new information :)
Last edited by Paldamus on Mar 19, 2018, 10:23:21 AM
A realistic “personal” view of Bestiary
A casual gamer
capturing beasts is fine i think. the overall beastcrafting idea is pretty cool too, and has great potential to be a cool addition to the game. but as it is right now, it really isnt good.

the biggest problem i have with bestiary is that beastcrafting is very annoying, and most recipes are worthless garbage.

the entire "craft a rare (item) with (stat)" category is just a much worse version of essence crafting, and it is also super annoying to deal with.

-have to capture yellow beasts
-have to capture a bunch of random rare monsters too
-have to deal with the annoying beastcrafting UI
-have to do the beast fight in the arena
all that effort for a craft that is vastly inferior to a 1c screaming essence? at this point you might as well just roll chaos and save yourself all this trouble.

this fucking sucks. it feels so useless, i think bestiary overall would be more enjoyable if they just removed yellow beasts and all their associated beastcrafting recipes entirely. at least then we wouldn't have all this useless visual clutter in the beastcrafting UI, and wouldn't have to micromanage hundreds of worthless trash beasts in our menageries.

Callin geveryone a scrub who doesn´t agree with your opinion makes you what exactly?

"
"The POSITIVES about bestiary imo:
*all the stuff that came with 3.2 itself, so the ascendancy rework, sextant/bisco changes, uber elder etc"

That came with 3.2 in general - also to standard - and has nothing to do with the beastleague.

You can try to talk beastiary into a great position but it won´t work for the majority of players who do not experience a league at all.

- The recipes are far too random, numerous and unrewarding. There is not real goal to work for.
- The few beasts per map are hardly worth the efforts
- The "endgame" is the worst joke ever. A slight chance of seeing all 4 spirit beasts once per month maybe doesn´t make this bad league more interesting
- the loot is even worse than in standard as the nets just cover the floor and eliminate chances for other items to drop
- map drop chances are totally fucked up

I don´t like the league at all - although I was super hyped by the IDEA behind it when GGG announced it. I can easily say this is a huge disappointment.
Last edited by IamLoco on Mar 19, 2018, 10:39:12 AM
"
bobtctsh wrote:
A realistic “personal” view of Bestiary

Subjective yup, but atleast based on personal first hand experience, not parroting what someone else said on reddit :D
"
Paldamus wrote:
They already changed that, so the netting always picks the rarest mob intelligently. It pays to read the news posts and keep up with the new information :)

I must have missed that in the last patch notes... It sure doesn't seem like it helped much though - I'm still swearing at Einhar a lot for taking some crappy beast instead of a rare. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info