[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
StormHavoc wrote:
Hey.. Just like thousands of others I've been looking for a 3.3 starter and viewing yours for the past week or so. My main concerns as a starter is scaling into high end maps quickly (Lab, red tier maps, shaper/atziri). Generally I start off as AW totems for bossing, but I think I want to map more this league.

Do you think you can comfortably clear Red Tier Maps/Uber Lab/Atziri on Divinarius and Tabula (Assume I have Hrimsorrow/Starkonja)?

Looking at reddit tells me this will be a very popular build (increase weapon price) and the chest will be expensive (40-60c)

Looking above I would I probably need to drop my HoI for a warlords blasphemy setup during the first few days until I can get a ring to replace it.

Sorry if anyone else has already asked these questions, I've been going through this forum but there's a lot of pages. You might want to update the FAQ with some of my questions if you think they're of any help for others.

i played this build in SSF Flashback. had no problem with uber lab or atziri. i posted this vid before but this is how red maps looked for me with tabula and self found weapons - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS7z3CmScYg. this should be even easier if we can replace spell echo with an additional damage support.

using warlord's mark as an aura is not required, read the links section.

for izaro bring a basalt flask and you can link blind to orb of storms. decoy totem helps. maintain fortify and as long as you have over 4500hp you shouldn't have much trouble. stone golem and the life flask recharge pantheon is a good idea to cater for traps.
I saw mathil video and he ran BV elementalist without any additional area nodes. Since elementalist can pretty much prolif well, it might worth looking into spending those point elsewhere.
Spoiler
First actual post woot woot

Recommendation for the benefit of new players
Have a few stat posts of where one should be at during certain content
To keep people on track and utilize this build to its fullest
in example

"
act 10
health : 10000000
armor:
energy shield
possible node suggestions for a player to level to if they hit a hump
prerequisites like ascendancy

Teir 8 maps
health: 100000
health : 10000000
armor:
energy shield
possible node suggestions for a player to level to if they hit a hump
prerequisites like ascendancy
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
n3wtonapple wrote:
Hey mate. Thanks a lot for this guide. You convinced me to use your build as the starter one for the new Incursion league.

I have been doing some Reddit reading and there are changes coming to BV in 3.3:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8iidt4/33_blade_vortex_reworked_max_stacks_now_10_down/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Do you agree with the idea of dropping the spell echo gem when only 10 stacks is the limit? Do these changes to the gem look like a buff to your build?

Thanks in advance for your reply :D

i posted my thoughts before when the gem was released.
yes, it is a buff.
yes, spell echo can be dropped with the new gem. right now it takes 4 seconds to get to 20 stacks with spell echo, and it will take only 3.3 seconds to get to 10 stacks without it.

let's hope it doesn't get nerfed at the last minute, and i'll update the guide after full patch notes are released.

Thanks mate for your response. Apart from Efficacy, what do you think about using Onslaught as the 6-link? This means of course that the HoI setup you already suggested (including Onslaught) will not be available due to socket limitation. I considered Onslaught because it offers significant boost to the spinning plus movement boost either while using WBlades or not. As Chris said, it is going to be a clearspeed league this time so it sounds like a good addition for mapping. What do you think?
Last edited by n3wtonapple on May 28, 2018, 4:46:37 AM
"
ryukenden wrote:
I saw mathil video and he ran BV elementalist without any additional area nodes. Since elementalist can pretty much prolif well, it might worth looking into spending those point elsewhere.

the area nodes affect everything - herald of thunder range, herald of ice explosions, herald of ash aoe, inpulsa explosions, curses, orb of storms etc, not just blade vortex. they also come with increased damage. i do not recommend dropping them.
"
n3wtonapple wrote:
Thanks mate for your response. Apart from Efficacy, what do you think about using Onslaught as the 6-link? This means of course that the HoI setup you already suggested (including Onslaught) will not be available due to socket limitation. I considered Onslaught because it offers significant boost to the spinning plus movement boost either while using WBlades or not. As Chris said, it is going to be a clearspeed league this time so it sounds like a good addition for mapping. What do you think?

i would not swap a damage support for onslaught, i'd rather use abyss jewel with chance to get onslaught on kill, free up sockets by getting WM curse ring or dropping immortal call setup, or simply use onslaught in a bottle aka silver flask.
Found it. Nevermind
Last edited by Nvar on May 28, 2018, 8:45:56 AM
ok im prolly being uber pleb, but where is the last 50% phys to ele conversion ? u got hrim's gloves but then uve swapped out phys to light on ur 6l for other nifty things ..... maybe im overlooking something simple
build is good, got like 20c max in ghetto gear and still tabula (didn't play much)

t9 yellow vault was easymode, weapon is shit and dont even have a second dagger.
Easiest transition into maps after kitava of any character I've played, and that's with all the crazy free mods from flashback league.

In 3.3 with the buffs? and the vaal vortex version - if they overlap. Plus the quality of life with 20 -> 10 blades and without the flashback league mods on maps it'll be very strong.

I do have like 40 deaths, but I play like rambo and like I mentioned the flashback league mods. Most my deaths are to beyond mobs swarming me because all the packs you touch explode instantly. Bosses were easy too, only con is you have to be in melee range and keep the vortex up. Izaro merciless was a joke.

Leveling up to 35 was a bit painful, but after that it started picking up for me

might roll it 3.3, to see what it's like with good gear rather than ghetto.

nice build.
"
Inheritedzero wrote:
Spoiler
build is good, got like 20c max in ghetto gear and still tabula (didn't play much)

t9 yellow vault was easymode, weapon is shit and dont even have a second dagger.
Easiest transition into maps after kitava of any character I've played, and that's with all the crazy free mods from flashback league.

In 3.3 with the buffs? and the vaal vortex version - if they overlap. Plus the quality of life with 20 -> 10 blades and without the flashback league mods on maps it'll be very strong.

I do have like 40 deaths, but I play like rambo and like I mentioned the flashback league mods. Most my deaths are to beyond mobs swarming me because all the packs you touch explode instantly. Bosses were easy too, only con is you have to be in melee range and keep the vortex up. Izaro merciless was a joke.

Leveling up to 35 was a bit painful, but after that it started picking up for me

might roll it 3.3, to see what it's like with good gear rather than ghetto.

nice build.

Funnily I had the exact same experience in Flashback league.

Early gearing is easy, clearspeed is good, boss damage is great, scaling is awsome, Vaal version is a nice bonus too in Incursion.

I'll run this next league for sure.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on May 28, 2018, 2:13:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info