[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

Last edited by satancukcan on Feb 22, 2019, 1:11:52 PM
no se venada de la comstruccion
Hi, I have a question on the use of the curse warlord's mark in conjunction with herald of thunder.

The guide says: "Herald of Thunder is going to be linked to Curse On Hit - Warlord's Mark gems. This doesn't reserve any extra mana and reliably curses enemies around you while exping" and a bit further "and also casts the Warlord's Mark curse. The latter is required in single target situations (bosses) where the curse cannot be applied by the herald."

My understanding is that the herald of thunder has 2 effects:

1/ adding lightning damage to spell/attack (here blade vortex)
2/ Triggering lightning bolts when you kill a shocked enemy.

The fact you would need a second source for applying warlord's mark would mean that only the second effect triggers the curse on hit, as in a boss fight you won't find mobs to shock and kill to generate the lightning which would hit the boss to proc the curse.

Am I correct that it works this way and that the 1/ cannot trigger the curse on hit? Does somebody have an explanation why? It looks as if the triggered lightning bolts of 2/ are considered as hits but not the lightning damage of 1/ - but i'm not clear why this would be the case.

It would be great if somebody could confirm/explain.

Sorry if it is already detailed somewhere but I haven't found a post on that and the wiki descriptions of the gems leave some place for interpretation on this interaction. Thanks in advance for the help.
"
Stil21 wrote:
Am I correct that it works this way and that the 1/ cannot trigger the curse on hit? Does somebody have an explanation why? It looks as if the triggered lightning bolts of 2/ are considered as hits but not the lightning damage of 1/ - but i'm not clear why this would be the case.

your understanding is correct.
curse on hit requires a hit by the skill it is linked to. adding extra damage to another spell is not a hit by itself, and this another spell does not apply the curse because it is not linked to the CoH support.
Thanks for your explanation. Keep on the good work!
just a short question, would you loose to much damage if you go with
cyclone - cast on crit - blade vortex - +3dmg boosts in the chest?

not exactly a huge fan of the stand still right click playstyle of bv for mapping but the build itself looks very interesting to try as league starter

with staves having buffs especially on aoe would staves be a better choice for 3.6 :)
pretty big BV nerf, maybe it will be still viable in early game but lategame it will be harder now to deal a lot of dmg
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"You can no longer roll or craft more than one "X% of Physical Damage taken as Fire/Cold/Lightning" mod on a single item. The same goes for X% of Physical Damage converted to Fire/Cold/Lightning."

Ouch. Back to Hrimsorrow I guess.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Lyxara wrote:
pretty big BV nerf, maybe it will be still viable in early game but lategame it will be harder now to deal a lot of dmg

Its a 20%dmg nerf so it's still gona do a butt load of damage which still makes it very good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info