[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
SoCal wrote:
With the removal of:

20% more Damage with Ailments for each blade

Seems that opens the door for say a Templar or Raider to match the damage as the triple heralds will still be good but not great. From my novice understanding seems like a nerf to this specific build.

this changes nothing at all. the only damage we are doing with ailments is ignite and it is maybe 0.5% of the total damage we're doing according to PoB.

i've been working on the revamped guide for the 3.3 update in the last couple of days. it will be simpler and easier to run with more focus on survivability to address the issues often raised in the comments. i'll post it either tonight or tomorrow.
Last edited by DirtyDot on May 13, 2018, 11:18:07 PM
Hey OP,

When you revisit this guide for 3.3, can you touch on the viability on using BV as a leveling skill? I'd like to use this build as a league starter, but getting to act 10 was difficult for me starting with this race.
How are you getting such a long blade vortex duration? Even with the potency of will cluster my BV only lasts ~7 seconds, which feels terribly short.
I tested the build to see if I like it for 3.3

Being only lvl 76 I still had only 4k HP. Thats kinda low but I didnt have the best rare items.
I also didnt manage to test Beacon of Ruin... is it the pinnacle of this build?
"
Hey OP,

When you revisit this guide for 3.3, can you touch on the viability on using BV as a leveling skill? I'd like to use this build as a league starter, but getting to act 10 was difficult for me starting with this race.

it is already covered in the leveling section. you can start using BV from act 4 once you meet the specified conditions.
"
Greenfish106 wrote:
How are you getting such a long blade vortex duration? Even with the potency of will cluster my BV only lasts ~7 seconds, which feels terribly short.

you can either get a bv duration helmet enchant, use efficacy support gem or take the second duration cluster behind the scion life cluster.

this will be addressed naturally in 3.3 as the revamped Blade Vortex max number of blades is getting halved.
"
wsbisev wrote:
I tested the build to see if I like it for 3.3

Being only lvl 76 I still had only 4k HP. Thats kinda low but I didnt have the best rare items.
I also didnt manage to test Beacon of Ruin... is it the pinnacle of this build?

yes, the beacon of ruin makes quite a difference.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Hey OP,

it is already covered in the leveling section. you can start using BV from act 4 once you meet the specified conditions.

What about using it as soon as you get it at level 12?
Hey man, really enjoying this build so far! Playing it in FHC,I plan on dropping some currency into it and hoping I don't RIP. Thanks for keeping the guide up to date!

As you said you've made changes to the guide in that now you've only suggested one ascendancy path, is this because you feel the others (Liege of the Primordial) just aren't as good right now?
Since I'm on HC I planned on picking it up and using a Stone Golem at least 'till I feel more comfortable with how tanky I am but if Beacon of Ruin is just straight up superior then I'll grab that.

Sometimes offense is the best defense right? : D
"
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Hey OP,

What about using it as soon as you get it at level 12?

you can use it from level 12 if you have twink gear at the ready (tabula etc)
otherwise it is too painful and not worth it
it may be better in 3.3 but only time will tell

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info