1400 Farrul portals. You've got to be kidding me.

"
Lynerus wrote:
How do you know he is the rarest? i figured fenumus is cause its chaos (as far as i can tell) and its also one of them weird new spiders that i dont see alot (forget what farrul is but i dont think its as rare)

from the news post:
"

41,361 portals have been opened to the Spirit Realm, with the following breakdown:

Saqawal's Roost: 22,136
Craiceann's Cove: 12,785
Fenumus' Lair: 5,025
Farrul's Den: 1,415

all the other beasts have much higher encounter rates, so that makes farrul the rarest.

you can also search for the specific beasts needed to make portals on poe.trade now. it seems that the farric tiger alpha (the beast that gives you the farrul portal) only appears at level 80 and higher, which means T13 maps and up. the other portal beasts seem to spawn in earlier maps already, which explains the differences in rarity between the beasts.
Last edited by krastin0v on Mar 16, 2018, 9:28:56 PM
"
krenderke wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
I mean even abyssal depths and liches were so rare they had to buff them several times and they were still rare.

Leveled my 1st char to 80 and realized that I had not found a single Abyssal Depths yet and said fuck it. Quit the league.

It is completely bizarre that GGG uses RNG to make content something that is never experienced for a portion of the playerbase instead of just balancing the rewards of the content instead.

Blows my mind how bad their decision making is on a regular basis.

Seriously, you leveled to 80? It's unacceptable, that you don't get abyssal depths after every 15 map you do lol. /s

That was in the Abyss league I was talking about. 100s of cracks followed and not once was there a portal to the depths at the end.
What I'm trying to say is, level 80 is a very bad indicator for not getting something, because you barely do stuff until you reach that level.

"
krenderke wrote:
What I'm trying to say is, level 80 is a very bad indicator for not getting something, because you barely do stuff until you reach that level.

I started doing maps at 61. So yes it is in fact a long time to go without seeing a new league's primary feature due purely to RNG. A feature that other players were seeing as much as 50 levels earlier!

It highlights the glaring flaw in how GGG designs their new content. They are not properly considering just how many players get shut out of content because they are not properly applying low probability events to the size of their playerbase.
Last edited by Qiox on Mar 17, 2018, 11:25:14 AM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? Big wonder why the league failed. Just gotta say this type of stuff stops me from buying supporter packs 100%. The league is shit, cannot fight the bosses and get uniques cause the RNG is insane.

What is the point of designing a league that hardly anyone will get to experience the boss fights? What happened to leagues like breach and prophecy? I played both of those leagues and was able to fight those bosses! Why did we go from what works to shit?
🐢
Playing PoE is like playing the lottery. Millions will play, few will win. If you don't like it then "this isn't the arpg you are looking for... move along".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
And the funny thing is this is LEAGUE CONTENT, not just general end game stuff such as Uber Elder or even Shaper.

GGG's mentality couldn't be more wrong in such cases of heavy RNG gated stuff.
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Still waiting for farrul lul. I hit 1500 aug maps now. Almost exclusively 13+ for the last 700.
"
Koheleth wrote:
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? Big wonder why the league failed. Just gotta say this type of stuff stops me from buying supporter packs 100%. The league is shit, cannot fight the bosses and get uniques cause the RNG is insane.

What is the point of designing a league that hardly anyone will get to experience the boss fights? What happened to leagues like breach and prophecy? I played both of those leagues and was able to fight those bosses! Why did we go from what works to shit?

You haven't bought a single supporter pack in 5 years, so either what you're saying is that all the leagues in 5 years have been garbage and not worth your money, or you're just a bigot. Either way your post makes no sense.
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
I have captured Farric Tiger Alpha perhaps five times, and his armor dropped twice (I have another portal to him ready to pop now).

It comes down to killing things and rng really hehe.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people moan about rng, but without it this and many other games would not attract players. We all love those "wow" moments when an exalt or some T1 unique drops, and sure we bitch when the drops don't come but without the possibility of stellar loot the game would have little potential to keep us coming back.

There is no law that says everyone one of us "deserves" to get 40 challenges, or have a certain number of exalts drop per league. Challenges are intended to be "challenging"

Certainly this league was poorly implemented (the total lack of alpha/beta testers was a huge factor) which is something GGG is addressing next league. It is hilarious that so many of the usual suspect on reddit and the forum moan that "the league is a fail", "dead game" and suchlike. I speak with GGG staff in my guild regularly and while the drop off this league was more than previous leagues, the numbers playing, the store income and other such numbers tend to show that all those who cry out doom and gloom are a little misguided :)

Sure capturing a Farric Tiger Alpha is not an easy task, but you can purchase them and if you actually bother to find a decent guild, then running them is not a problem. I think I have helped at least a dozen guildies with theirs. I finished to 20 beast part of grind in the first 2 weeks of the game from memory.

OCEANIC EXILES https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581434

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info