1400 Farrul portals. You've got to be kidding me.

We're two weeks in. There's at least 15000 characters at level 91 or above in bestiary sc alone, according to the ladders. And so far there's only been 1400 Farrul portals?

What a joke, this is the kinda shit people complain about every league, gating content behind such low chance that most players won't even get to see it. And now we've even got the numbers to see just how little we're allowed to experience some of the content you've supposedly worked so hard on.
Last edited by Shppy on Mar 15, 2018, 9:43:12 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2018, 5:02:33 AM
That's the game man. I've been playing for almost 4 years. Thousands upon thousands of hours. Never even seen a mirror. Had one Shavs, one Mjolnir, one Void Battery drop.

Last league was my best league ever. I had great drops everywhere. Think I saw a Lightless? Nope. Double socket anything? Nope.

I mean even abyssal depths and liches were so rare they had to buff them several times and they were still rare.

Just how they want to grind their game.

I played D3 for a couple of years before coming over to POE and Blizzard did it better imo. They gave you drops and items specific to your class to boot. So it wasn't so much as the items you ground for, but the rolls. Some were crazy rare yeah, but even then, not even close to GGG's standards. I always liked that approach because while you would get your bow or gloves, the rolls might be shit. So you keep grinding to get your gear perfect.

The nicety of that way of tuning is that everyone tends to have access to the game real quick, unlike POE where they gate lots of it under this grind fest.

Anecdotally, I get burnt out regardless. Yeah I'd burn out quicker if I had every item I needed the second day, but not having anything ever is sort of a turn-off too.

And not for nothing but you can always trade for everything anyway. And it's not hard to make bank. In leagues, you can pretty much get 10ex a day from half ass mapping and light trading ez. A week or so and you can outfight any hero for end game or get most chase stuff. I'd honestly rather play to find stuff than trade tho.

PS: TBH, most of the pain points in POE just wreak of noob game design. GGG put together a nice game but you can tell lots of them were actually really new to it. So you have these weird things that have been built upon and around and to pull them out means breaking some other aspect. Sort of like a house of cards. Then still, I bet some people at GGG defend some of the bad design. Since they've had Brevik advising them, their game has actually fleshed out lots. And they finally did away with lots of the wayward damage spikes (like reflect, thank god). They are refining, but there's still a long way to go to making it an truly streamline and enjoyable game. Lots of little bumps everywhere.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Mar 15, 2018, 10:38:10 PM
farrul is the rarest of the spirit beasts, so that's what you would expect.
the number by itself isnt very useful, it would only really be useful if we could compare it to rare high end fights from past leagues.

for example: how many people have encountered ulaman 2 weeks after abyss launch? or how many people have fought chayula two weeks after breach launch? not many i think, but we don't have those numbers to compare.
"
Shppy wrote:
We're two weeks in. There's at least 15000 characters at level 91 or above in bestiary sc alone, according to the ladders. And so far there's only been 1400 Farrul portals?

What a joke, this is the kinda shit people complain about every league, gating content behind such low chance that most players won't even get to see it. And now we've even got the numbers to see just how little we're allowed to experience some of the content you've supposedly worked so hard on.

If you read carefully what GGG said on the press tour for this league you would have noticed this long ago even before league started, no need for statistics. "We Desinged the league for the hardest of the hardcore and for people that spend 16h a day playing PoE and streaming on twitch". Just look for old threads before this league started becasue i remember posting that this was going to be an RNG fuckfest like the start of abyss with liches being rare af. They even sold this as "Hunt the rarests beast!" and everyone that plays this game knows what that means.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:

If you read carefully what GGG said on the press tour for this league you would have noticed this long ago even before league started, no need for statistics. "We Desinged the league for the hardest of the hardcore and for people that spend 16h a day playing PoE and streaming on twitch". Just look for old threads before this league started becasue i remember posting that this was going to be an RNG fuckfest like the start of abyss with liches being rare af. They even sold this as "Hunt the rarests beast!" and everyone that plays this game knows what that means.

If you have actually read carefully what GGG said on the press tour. You would know that comment you cited was for uber elder. And not the league mechanics.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I would be more worried about the numbers of Atziri's Reflection going about.

It's currently more rare than a legacy kaom's heart.
There might be more people like me that aren't even bothering to capture the beasts anymore.
And if there are, then it might be the reason why number is so low.
"
Shppy wrote:
There's at least 15000 characters at level 91

and?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/80cwec/level_90_under_10_hours_played/

they did say there's one beast that drops every 230 maps on average. guess we know which one it is
Second-class poe gamer
230++ runs and u can just hope that boss will spawn... When im playing game only 3-5hrs each day i will not see that beast...and who cares... im playing for fun... i dont care much about monsters/bosses... now im more focused to lvlup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info