1400 Farrul portals. You've got to be kidding me.

1.4k boss portals on a "millions" playerbase? lul...

All the numbers presented about beastcrafting are quite low, even if you assume PoE has like 200k active players (a low estimate, GGG claims "millions").

"
Create a Levelling Item: 1,181,415

Sounds a big number, it's not, because everyone even just checking the league will create several leveling items.

"
Gain Prophecies: 200,668

A very low number considering this is a common recipe. I'm not playing Bestiary like I used to past leagues and have used this recipe at least 5 times.

etc..

Which is ok. Not all leagues will be a smashing hit, but let's not pretend that "we are very pleased with high engagement, herp derp"...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Why are you comparing lv 91+ characters and those portals?
Are you assuming that everyone will instantly try the portal when they can?
"
That's the game man. I've been playing for almost 4 years. Thousands upon thousands of hours. Never even seen a mirror. Had one Shavs, one Mjolnir, one Void Battery drop.

I've had Shavs and Void Battery drop in uber lab this league.
Nothing too impressive tho, the shavs only sold for 220 and the void battery still is collecting dust at a ridiculous 40 chaos price.

260 chaos doesn't even get you a decent 6 link in hardcore.

steady farming is the only way i guess.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
Why are you comparing lv 91+ characters and those portals?
Are you assuming that everyone will instantly try the portal when they can?

... yes?

and yeah, if you don't want there to be a doubt, then just present the number of caught beasts for portals and over how many acounts. People do get beasts more than once.
I'm more surprised by the fact, that there were exactly as many item splits, as mirrorings with beastcrafting.
People need to stop using "level 90" as a benchmark of success. The game is too easy at that point to bother with. Level 90 is simply a matter of having the time to play the game.

There is a need for other goals that require more commitment than level 90 requires.
I would like to note that the fact that bosses/beasts rarity is really disliked, abyss lich and legendary beasts now, kinda contradicts their convinction that people wants/needs chase uniques
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
"
farrul is the rarest of the spirit beasts, so that's what you would expect.
the number by itself isnt very useful, it would only really be useful if we could compare it to rare high end fights from past leagues.

for example: how many people have encountered ulaman 2 weeks after abyss launch? or how many people have fought chayula two weeks after breach launch? not many i think, but we don't have those numbers to compare.

I'm sorry, but that is something I refuse to expect. It should be gated behind difficulty/gear not RNG. Make it reasonably easy to experience but get your ass kicked until you're good enough for geared enough to succeed.

As it is now, their reasoning is that anybody should be able to experience and succeed at it. You just need to get lucky. But what happens is that only those pimped out players play enough to truly succeed at it. Because they're playing the numbers. If you change the gate to difficulty instead of RNG, sure it'll still be that way; the best will be able to get a lot of drops. But at least anybody will be able to try and then get feedback as to how close they are or aren't at succeeding. I don't mind playing the lottery when I play this game, but it should be scratch off odds, not mega powerball odds.
"
ZaeN wrote:
kinda contradicts their convinction that people wants/needs chase uniques

dont see how the sets are really chase-uniques.
id rather aim for breach-/ elder-items which are targetable and (still) strong to the point of being BiS.
its the same as harbinger-uniques: gated behind layers and layers of rng and grind - and then the loot isnt really worth it imo.

like...why would i even want the crab-set with another 15 pseudo-endu-charges for my juggernaut? i am completely fine with my current 7 default charges.

i dont see the reasoning behind this:
abyss introduced multiple easily obtainable BiS-items. we all finished that league with a stash full of jewels, and at least belts and gloves. these widespread items are objectively strong, even on any build.
now these new sets seems more like a gimmick to me, something to experiment and fool around with. which is nice. but then they are so utterly hard to obtain....so none of us will get to experiment with them after all. which is just sad and a waste.
Last edited by PaoloPinkel on Mar 16, 2018, 1:15:49 PM
"
ZaeN wrote:
I would like to note that the fact that bosses/beasts rarity is really disliked, abyss lich and legendary beasts now, kinda contradicts their convinction that people wants/needs chase uniques

they aren't the same thing, there is a sizeable difference between chasing a unique like say xoph's blood for a specific build and content where you never get a chance to try it.

Shroud of the lightless was a very desirable chase unique, as were all the abyss 2 sockets but all of them were balanced drop wise to be very rare, this means you have a very rare boss, with a very rare drop. People have problems with that its too much rng. Either make the boss rare but it drops good shit or make the boss available and have the drops be rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info