[3.2][HC]The Quillionaire - Quill Rain Tornado Shot

"
loppydrake wrote:
hey Nice build!I have a question.I do have a 6 link Quill Rain but its 3green 2red 1blue!What would be the best set up for me?Thanks in advance!

Unless it's corrupted, just reroll the colours with chromatics? Short bows are pretty easy to roll whatever colours you want.
In case anyone is interested, here is my take on a similar build (Too lazy to do a total separate guide!)
A few quirks to my version

- Deadeye, mainly to try it out, plus I wanted to play with chain.
- Uses a somewhate unnecessary single target setup. Mainly because I got the helm fairly reasonably.
- Only really use the single target barrage for tough bosses. TS works just fine mainly and works better with life on hit.
- Uses Effigon plus some blind on hit for extra penetration and bypass accuracy. Probably not really worth unless you can get a +1 frenzy like mine.
- Can't go MoM on this version really (I have toyed with dropping thief's torment for essence worm + life on hit ring, but hard to justify). Have grabbed some extra life nodes though so at 6k with a bit more to take.
- I played around with full chain, using the gem. Even tried with gloomfang. Worked ok but I prefer the single chain setup.

Passive Tree
goo.gl/k8udMw

- I've grabbed quickstep, which is a bit of a luxury node. Mainly because I felt a bit slow after ditching devoto's.
- I only took point blank at level 86, when I got the helm and separate barrage setup. If you aren't using this, grab forces of nature and revenge of the hunted instead.

Gear

Some notes on gearing

- Been trying to get a +1 quill rain. Chancing 6l short bows isn't that hard. Got super lucky on the first one (4th attempt) but it's fairly cheap in general.
- You kind of need kaom's with this setup. I'm running a fair few uniques with no life. Until I got one I just used a high life and resists rare. Only used sockets for gem levelling.
- Hit +1 arrow on my second attempt. Not much else on quiver - an ele damage with attacks and/or attack speed would be nice, but it has life and blind chance, which we do actually need.
- Effigon was a lucky corrupt. Had one then got prophecy so thought might as well vaal it, hit the frenzy charge first try. This would be even better on a raider version obviously
- Darkness enthroned does make resists difficult. Though I am running resist jewels in there. We don't have a huge amount of increased damage on tree though so a really good stygian with a high ele damage to attacks roll may well be better. It's great for levelling though.
- Helm was an impulse purchase. It was only 2.5 ex which was cheaper than just the base for the enchant (only +1 but +2 are really expensive right now). Lets me run a single target setup in there (I might switch it to single target in the bow, but my bow is a corrupted one right now)
- Running a fire pen with anger watchers eye. Without one of these I'd probably drop anger and use MoM.

My next upgrade targets are to get 2 socket tombfists, and a dying sun. That should put me up to about a million shaper dps, though that's slightly tooltip warrioring as would need flasks and frenzies up, without a reliable sustain. Top tier jewels would be nice too, but they are pretty expensive

The build is fun, and the clear is pretty good (Miss my devoto's movespeed though) and single target is ok, even just with tornado shot. Not pushed into guardians etc yet though. Might just have to buy some maps.
It does require a bit of investment though, and a windripper/doomfletch character is almost certainly better. So is a tempest + lots of jewels build too.
Scion is probably better overall too, if you went for a pierce version. Deadeye has to take some fairly low impact nodes. Scion could try and go crit with it and grab assassin, or non crit with elementalist. Extra jewels sockets too.

Hello found this build interesting, after bestiary I may play in standart, since I got a HH now.

I will try this build, what your thoughts about using HH in this build and what belt should I swap for boss killing?

I may have some itens:
Spoiler

The Thief's, I'm buying one 60 life asap in bestiary since they are about 2ex in standart.
The Devoto's, I may try the roll by myself
The jewels, I have some: ilvl 81 + (just need to roll them)
Spoiler

I like the way that u developed this build and the guide, saddly not many ppl comment here.

But I found 1 guy at lvl 94 at bestiary doing this one.
Spoiler

BestiaryBaumstammIV [Baumstamm_sdt]

For the last, you are using a VoidForge now, this is a way to follow?

Can i run this has a 4Link? or a 5Link ?
Hi, I have just started following this guide, but the passive tree is super confusing in terms of priority while leveling.

Could you give some hints on notables I should prioritize and the order? You don't have to do all, but if you could give me some pointers that would be great, as I don't want to go after late game nodes early in the leveling process.

Playing this build atm in flashback hc.
one question arent hyrris demise better for this build as it gives fire dmg
Trying this build in Flashback, lvl 73 atm.
Very expensive…
Impresence 2.5 Ex
Kaom's 1.5~2.5 Ex
Hat with +2 tornado projectiles 10 ~ 40 Ex (lul)
Dying Sun 5 Ex
+1Drillneck 1 Ex

You should note that this is build for standard with full respec char and pile of unused exalts.
Levelling is ok, but still ripped on bosses many times, died on Kitava 40 times, failed 6 portals in first T1. Very weak vs bosses, also (not)surprisingly many bestiary beasts almost immune to this damage at all… Reallocated some nodes to drop MoM and gain more hp and damage. Getting slightly better but still not good. This is literally the worst build I've played… Maybe it will become better in 3.3.

upd:
I altered this build keeping the same idea - instaleech from thief's torment, but using Blast Rain and Lioneye's. Turned out very cheap (10~30 chaos), leech not as good as TS but it's enough and overall way more DPS and tanky. I ended up with this at lvl 85 https://pastebin.com/qfGL7KKk
Last edited by K4r4k4s4 on May 19, 2018, 12:33:34 PM
Leving items e gems pls
Leveling itens uniques e gems pls
Any changes for 3.3 / incursion ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info