[3.2][HC]The Quillionaire - Quill Rain Tornado Shot

Thanks for the response and advice! I'm actually a really new player, just started a little later into the Abyss league. I've ripped several characters and haven't found a build that i really enjoy. I don't know too much about making my own build yet, i'll take a look into champion class and see. I wouldn't want it to be to much slower/clunky, but i guess that's what you have to do for HC. Good job on the build and great guide!
"
Thrust3r wrote:
Thanks for the response and advice! I'm actually a really new player, just started a little later into the Abyss league. I've ripped several characters and haven't found a build that i really enjoy. I don't know too much about making my own build yet, i'll take a look into champion class and see. I wouldn't want it to be to much slower/clunky, but i guess that's what you have to do for HC. Good job on the build and great guide!

You can look at this in path of building: https://pastebin.com/XzmaMU82

it's the same tree, just as a champion. Compared to the Raider tree, it is quite a lot safer. You will have around 9k ehp in endgame compared to the 7,5-8k with Raider. Movement speed is down from 170% to 120%. it's a notable difference, but you wont be "slow". Damage is actually slightly higher than my tree since i don't really use blood rage.

p.s. be careful while leveling. There are some gaps in defenses between level 40-70 that can be a bit deadly on certain bosses.

And thank you!
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Mar 20, 2018, 8:54:34 AM
Wow thanks for taking the time to spec that out! Currently working on a cleave jugg, about half way done through the story in act 6. Going to finish getting him to maps so i can farm some sort of currency to fund this guy. Looking forward to playing him!
"
Thrust3r wrote:
Wow thanks for taking the time to spec that out! Currently working on a cleave jugg, about half way done through the story in act 6. Going to finish getting him to maps so i can farm some sort of currency to fund this guy. Looking forward to playing him!

Haha, don't give me so much credit, it was already made ;D

I would recommend you to have a 6L quill rain and a 60 life gain thief's torment before you start it.
"
Priory wrote:
(yes i tested deadeye and you will end up with 20ms less and less attack speed)

Spoiler

Hi, thanks for your build, could you explain how you end up with 20% less movement speed with deadeye ?
"
RoCKeTs wrote:
"
Priory wrote:
(yes i tested deadeye and you will end up with 20ms less and less attack speed)

Spoiler

Hi, thanks for your build, could you explain how you end up with 20% less movement speed with deadeye ?

You dont inherently get onslaught as a deadeye and dont really have space for a flask.

P.s. I am currently specced as a Deadeye to try it out. It feels terrible. Sure the damage is slightly higher, but it's not consistent. While doing normal maps either you go really slow or you have full speed, surprisingly even with a weapon such as quill rain, you still end up with huge gaps in max movement. The same can be said for damage, especially if you run out of charges against a boss in t13+ maps.

Deadeye looks good in PoB, doesn't feel good though. Whoever made everyone believe that ANY bow build should play deadeye, didn't look into all the variables.
Last edited by Priory on Mar 21, 2018, 4:41:50 AM
I've been toying with something similar for my next character, but using deadeye - I quite fancy trying chain.
Idea is to also use effigon - the fated ignomon amulet. It gives hits can't be evaded, and 10% fire pen against blinded enemies.
With a couple of blind on hit jewels, and ton of attack speed, everything should be blinded.

I was going to try and use the deadeye bleed node to get life on hit too, with a life on hit elder ring that should be enough life. But if I need the mana on hit anyway, I might as well just use thief's torment. Most of the rest of the bleed node is wasted too unless I go crit, tricky with a quill rain.

Probably all strictly worse than your setup, but I like playing with new stuff!
So me again, you can start maping without kaoms first? I just riped like a 1,5k chaos character (2 kaoms ways/essence crafted helmet with rf enchant/400c weapon/kaoms heart) and need to basically start from stretch agian
"
deinernst123 wrote:
So me again, you can start maping without kaoms first? I just riped like a 1,5k chaos character (2 kaoms ways/essence crafted helmet with rf enchant/400c weapon/kaoms heart) and need to basically start from stretch agian

Yeah you can, jsut don't progress too fast in map tiers. depending on the budget go for a belly at first or a Cloak of defiance.
What gear you had when you recorded that video? If you already had all the good stuff (tornado shot enchant/the quiver with +1 etc) then it really isnt a cost efficient build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info