[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
maniza wrote:
i used prety much this build to do all content exept uber elder and i have to say it is amazing. the only downside i can consider is the clear and movement speed is kind of slow at times. but overal one of my faborite builds ever.

here is my shaper kill video, keep in mind this is before i got the abyssus whith ms proj enchant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou3AEjBUuDY&t=2s

Thank you for the boot trick. It was not even mentioned as a source of EC in the wiki. I have also beaten shaper without Abyssus, I did it even before I got Loreweave.

I usually don't move, I just use leap slam. For clear, one single hit (with Ancestral call) is enough to clear a monster pack. Also, I focused more on attack speed on tree and jewels to make it feel fast enough. A link to your build?
sadly i gave most of my gear away after geting to 36 challenges. here is a link to my character, but the tree is super similar to the one on this post. im not saying its slow by no means but you know some ppl gotta go fast.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/maniza/characters

its the only chieftain i have rombpeportones

another trick i use is to have a lightbreak with leap slam and i swap that to clear as even one nebuloch can clear most trash no problem
Last edited by maniza on Apr 26, 2018, 11:49:46 PM
"
Stridshorn wrote:
If you were running with a support, would you use Belly instead of Loreweave?

I am afraid I have no experience with supports. I was actually playing SSF since breach, and just joined normal this league to make this build :D

Nonetheless, I think Loreweave is always better than Belly :

With Loreweave, I have about 7200 HP and 90% elemental damage mitigation
With Belly, I have about 7800 HP and 93% elemental damage mitigation
Let's compare which is better at damage mitigation:
If we assume that X is the elemental hit we take, then let's see when
(7200-X*0.1)=(7800-X*0.13)
X*0.13-X*0.1=7800-7600
X=(600/0.03)
X=20000
So if we take a hit of 20000 elemental damage, Belly would be as good as Loreweave. What if the hit damage was higher? Let's see with a 50000 damage elemental hit:
with Belly: 7800-50000*0.13=1300
with Loreweave: 7200-50000*0.1=2200
So as you can see, for larger hits, Loreweave is better than Belly. Even for the degeneration from Nebuloch, Loreweave is better. If you use a Ruby flask, Belly would be better, but you lose some dps (14%) and a flask slot. Loreweave also gives attributes so no need for them on jewels or gear.

If your support casts Anger, Haste and Hatred, your dps would increase by 7%, 6.5% and 6%, respectively (slightly less with Belly). So If you think this is worth it, why not? :D
"
maniza wrote:

another trick i use is to have a lightbreak with leap slam and i swap that to clear as even one nebuloch can clear most trash no problem

I was actually using Brightbeak (lightbreak? :D ) before I got a Wise Oak flask. And because Brightbeak has some resistances, I had to replace it. So I used a Grelwood Shank as a main hand weapon for mapping. It has good attack speed, and gives additional projectiles so I do not lose alot of damage (about 8-10% only, which is unsignificant when mapping)
Last edited by fjtheknight on Apr 27, 2018, 12:32:26 AM
"
fjtheknight wrote:
Now, I just found a spreadsheet with hibox values and radius. However, I still don't know exactly how the radius and balls landing area/radius interact with conc effect:
- base landing radius : 5-20 units
- with conc effect (30% less area) :
  • it eather becomes 5-14 (20*0.7)
  • or ((20-5)*0.7+5) = 5-15 (rounded down) or 5-16 rounded up

- base ball radius : 9 units
- with conc effect (30% less area) :
  • it eather becomes 9*0.7=7 rounded up
  • or 6 rounded down

Conc effect is a more-style multiplier, so it should combine multiplicatively with the increased AoE of the two wildfires. (1-0.3)*1.5 = 1.05% net AoE multiplier.

GGG is usually very literal with their wording, especially with AoE, so it's the area that should be scaled, not the outer radius. If a is the inner radius (5), b is the default outer radius (20), m is the area scaling factor (1.05), and x is the final outer radius, the new outer radius should be 20.46 before rounding.

For the ball radius, it's 9*sqrt(1.05) = 9.22 before rounding.

If we assume the rounding works the same for both radii,
  • floor or round: (9+3-5)/(20-5) = 46.67%
  • no round: (9.22+3-5)/(20.46-5) = 46.70%
  • ceiling: (10+3-5)/(21-5) = 50.0%

and those numbers are all pretty close to each other.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:

Conc effect is a more-style multiplier, so it should combine multiplicatively with the increased AoE of the two wildfires. (1-0.3)*1.5 = 1.05% net AoE multiplier.

For the ball radius, it's 9*sqrt(1.05) = 9.22 before rounding.

If we assume the rounding works the same for both radii,
  • floor or round: (9+3-5)/(20-5) = 46.67%
  • no round: (9.22+3-5)/(20.46-5) = 46.70%
  • ceiling: (10+3-5)/(21-5) = 50.0%

and those numbers are all pretty close to each other.

I completely forgot that Wildfire increases the AoE of Molten Strike. Your math seems to be correct (and that means that we are at best doing half our possible damage :/ ). Thank you!
after finding one of these i wanted to do a build with it. yours was a bit better than the one i planned so i just went with it. i just respected a lvl 90 chief in bestiary, so didnt really map with it. gear not as good as yours, but similar items/jewels in every slot. Some differences:

-had to run PoI (only 54% all res before charges)
-went tombfists (life/res/as jewels)
-multistrike instead of PhysProj b/c it looks kooler
-lvl 90

Got my first Uber atz/shaper kills (1st and 2nd attempt,respectively, ever at them, ripped a few times).

I think if i had to do it over i'd might go jugg w/xophs, for QoL, though. endurance charges would go a few times while bossing (hurts...esp when at that 54% all res). i only played the char for like an hour, so maybe with more runs id get the timing down.

The only situations that had me hard stuck:
-queen titty bitch was last one alive and wouldnt leave the chaos zone (had to load a new set)
-chimera adds with extra damage...was just too much...chimera himself a joke

also, tanking shaper slam made me feel awesome

Last edited by donkeypunchman on Apr 29, 2018, 7:18:58 PM
"
after finding one of these i wanted to do a build with it. yours was a bit better than the one i planned so i just went with it. i just respected a lvl 90 chief in bestiary, so didnt really map with it. gear not as good as yours, but similar items/jewels in every slot. Some differences:

-had to run PoI (only 54% all res before charges)
-went tombfists (life/res/as jewels)
-multistrike instead of PhysProj b/c it looks kooler
-lvl 90

Got my first Uber atz/shaper kills (1st and 2nd attempt,respectively, ever at them, ripped a few times).

I think if i had to do it over i'd might go jugg w/xophs, for QoL, though. endurance charges would go a few times while bossing (hurts...esp when at that 54% all res). i only played the char for like an hour, so maybe with more runs id get the timing down.

The only situations that had me hard stuck:
-queen titty bitch was last one alive and wouldnt leave the chaos zone (had to load a new set)
-chimera adds with extra damage...was just too much...chimera himself a joke

also, tanking shaper slam made me feel awesome

Hi there. The juggernaut version is a little bit tankier than the chieftain version of this build. However, the damage is much more less (only 66% of the chieftain damage). Also, with the 7 uniques I'm using that have no resistances on them, the +100% fire resistance from chieftain ascendancy point is crucial, otherwise the build would cost twice its current price, with no appearent benefits other than the consistant endurance charge generation.

I just don't like multistrike too much. Using it instead of projectile physical damage support wouldn't however hurt the overall damage too much. Its a just a matter of taste.

I hope that helps. I wasn't able to see your character to give you proper advice. Thank you for trying out the build!
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"

I hope that helps. I wasn't able to see your character to give you proper advice. Thank you for trying out the build!

https://pastebin.com/wVaMtLjB

ty. im pretty much done with the league, just scrapped together what i had/could afford. havea 2020 ancestral call in the inventory i swap with fire pen while mapping. suppose i could actually quality up some gems.

Last edited by donkeypunchman on Apr 29, 2018, 9:02:02 PM
I have question regarding mana problems.
I use hoa and arctic armor and blashemy and flammibility. I have left like 170 mana and when i use Molten after 8 sec i dont have mana. How you deal with it?

My gear below
Spoiler
In Game nick - Amarinho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info