[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
justino wrote:
Oh, I've missed some res on tree while looking... Ty!

I've also updated my gear like you've done. When I come home from work I'll try some fight!

Again great build!!
Ty!

If you can afford an Abyssus with the +3 projectiles enchant, that will boost your dps by around 65-70%.
I bought mine for 2 exalts, now they are about 2-5 exalts (everything doubled in price xD)
Last edited by fjtheknight on Apr 25, 2018, 2:42:38 PM
Uber Elder down :D

Had to borrow another computer because mine... can't handle the fight xD

I used Ancestral Call instead of Fire Penetration. I felt it was better, especially for adds phases and when you can't be close to the target. Try the fight yourself and use whatever gem you like.

the att rate only 3.60 its not to slow for you?
"
kond0 wrote:
the att rate only 3.60 its not to slow for you?

After I updated my tree, gems and gear, my attack rate is >4.6 aps (>4.8 aps with quality Ancestral Call), which is good even for mapping. I used to use Grelwood (faster, slightly low dps) as a mainhand weapon for mapping, but now it feels fast enough I think.

Edit: To kill monsters when mapping, you just have to jump in and attack once. All the monsters die. No need for multiple hits. The only problem is that with maces we can only use Leap Slam as a movement skill, which is not great when using Nebuloch (1.4 base attack speed). That's why I focused more on attack speed on tree and jewels than attack damage. Now it feels fast enough, but not as fast as other builds. Just enough to map / boss quickly.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Apr 26, 2018, 6:54:48 AM
Congrats on downing uber elder.

I took a look at the DPS calculations and it looks like they're off by a bit.
  • Balls can hit a boss when their AoE overlap's with the boss' hitbox, and bosses have a non-zero hitbox size. For most bosses, it's 2 or 3 units of radius.
  • On average, 46.7% of the projectiles should hit with conc effect, 2x wildfire, no dying sun, and no aoe on the tree, assuming a large radius-3 boss. For radius-2 bosses, it's 40.2%.
  • The ball drop locations are chosen by picking a random distance and a random angle. This means that they'll be more concentrated where the point blank multiplier is higher. That's good for DPS.
  • Since uber elder is such a long fight, it seems fair to add the Ngamahu phys as extra fire bonus. Since PoB doesn't do this, you can simulate it by adding a fake "Gain 21% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage" mod to any item (70%*3/10=21%).

Factoring in everything, it looks like the uber elder setup should have the following DPS numbers depending on a few choices and the actual radius of shaper and uber elder.
  • With your setup: 2.4m if shaper has radius 2 or 2.7m if he's radius 3.
  • Adding min-aoe Dying Sun: 2.8m or 3.2m (caveat: this does mean you lose the fire defense bonus from wise oak)
  • Your flasks + accounting for the avg Ngamahu bonus: 2.6m or 3.0m
  • Dying Sun + avg Ngamahu: 3.1m or 3.5m

My guess is that shaper and uber elder have radius 3 (not 2), but I don't think anyone outside GGG knows for sure.

I'm curious if you're able to sustain full frenzy charges in uber elder once the first portal phase ends. I haven't been using BR on my characters and I'm curious if it works well, especially for a high regen build like yours that shouldn't care as much about the degen.

2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Apr 26, 2018, 9:08:10 AM
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
Congrats on downing uber elder.

I took a look at the DPS calculations and it looks like they're off by a bit.
  • Balls can hit a boss when their AoE overlap's with the boss' hitbox, and bosses have a non-zero hitbox size. For most bosses, it's 2 or 3 units of radius.
  • On average, 46.7% of the projectiles should hit with conc effect, 2x wildfire, no dying sun, and no aoe on the tree, assuming a large radius-3 boss. For radius-2 bosses, it's 40.2%.
  • The ball drop locations are chosen by picking a random distance and a random angle. This means that they'll be more concentrated where the point blank multiplier is higher. That's good for DPS.

Thank you for these corrections. It is actually impossible to calculate the exact dps of the build. Before I posted my old dps calculations, I couldn't find the radius of the balls to calculate if they can all hit the target. So I assumed that they all do.

Now, I just found a spreadsheet with hibox values and radius. However, I still don't know exactly how the radius and balls landing area/radius interact with conc effect:
- base landing radius : 5-20 units
- with conc effect (30% less area) :
  • it eather becomes 5-14 (20*0.7)
  • or ((20-5)*0.7+5) = 5-15 (rounded down) or 5-16 rounded up

- base ball radius : 9 units
- with conc effect (30% less area) :
  • it eather becomes 9*0.7=7 rounded up
  • or 6 rounded down

If we assume that hit box radius is 3 units, so a ball should land not further than (3+ball radius) or (2+ball radius)?

So, in the best case, we will have
Ball radius : 7 units
Landing area : 5-14 units
Hit chance : ((7+3)-5+1)/(14-5+1)=60%

In the worst case, we will have
Ball radius : 6 units
Landing area : 5-16 units
Hit chance : ((6+2)-5+1)/(16-5+1)=33%

This means that we are almost doing at best 60% of our dps to the target.

Replacing conc effect with another support gem (24% less damage) will result in 50% hit chance, which is a more less damage multiplier. So conc effect is always good for Molten Strike.

"
MoldyDwarf wrote:

Since uber elder is such a long fight, it seems fair to add the Ngamahu phys as extra fire bonus. Since PoB doesn't do this, you can simulate it by adding a fake "Gain 21% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage" mod to any item (70%*3/10=21%)

I would actually like to have a buff icon to show when I am under the Ngamahu buff. This especially helps when I'm doing reflect maps.

"
MoldyDwarf wrote:

I'm curious if you're able to sustain full frenzy charges in uber elder once the first portal phase ends. I haven't been using BR on my characters and I'm curious if it works well, especially for a high regen build like yours that shouldn't care as much about the degen.

I didn't pay attention to frenzy charges across the fight. I think however that I wasn't sustaining them during the full fight. I'm using blood rage especially because of how slow Nebuloch + Leap slam are. It gives me a good speed boost. No problem with degen. I actually play no regen maps with no problems (sometimes I use life gain on hit support for these maps, but leech seems to be ok most of the time).

Edit: no matter how many balls actually hit the target, I managed to finish the fight with 5-10 seconds (more when using ancestral call) of contineous strikes for each phase of the fight (if I remember correctly, I will video record whenever I do another attemp), which is quite good.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Apr 26, 2018, 10:46:02 AM
> Abyssus (+3 molten projectiles / 40 increased phys damage taken) : 2 ex

What? That was total steal. Did you sniped it? Because it's like 10+ ex. Considering roll, even more.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Apr 26, 2018, 12:36:28 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
> Abyssus (+3 molten projectiles / 40 increased phys damage taken) : 2 ex

What? That was total steal. Did you sniped it? Because it's like 10+ ex. Considering roll, even more.

When I bought mine, there were at least 3 of them for sale for 2 ex. Now, they are 3+ ex (see offline offers too : http://poe.trade/search/iaregomemokore)
Mine was cheap because it has low crit multi roll, which is useless for this build.
Last edited by fjtheknight on Apr 26, 2018, 1:14:22 PM
i used prety much this build to do all content exept uber elder and i have to say it is amazing. the only downside i can consider is the clear and movement speed is kind of slow at times. but overal one of my faborite builds ever.

here is my shaper kill video, keep in mind this is before i got the abyssus whith ms proj enchant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou3AEjBUuDY&t=2s
If you were running with a support, would you use Belly instead of Loreweave?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info